Women 200lb+, Let's Shoot for the Moon this June!!!

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    lilmisfit1987: Have you tried doing some hip flexor stretches? I get sciatic pain when my deep hip muscles tighten up.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @supersparklyk I can relate to having to slowly up walks. I can do 3 blocks before I feel it and then we turn around and slowly walk home. I want to make it to our previous walks where we go a block up and loop back around so it would be another 2 blocks but those are short blocks. If I lost more I think it might be possible to do more. I am also limited on my gazelle not by my knee but at 15 -25 minutes my feet hurt. Good job finding away to get active.
    @pamiede amazing accomplishment!
    @ChrysalisCove Nice omelette! I used to make beautiful omelettes. I started when I was a teen. Now I can’t do it anymore. My husband is a great fry cook and does most of the eggs. So I have lost my skill at that.
    @Mithridites You are so close to Onderland. You are making great progress. Thanks for joining us.
    @AlexandraFindsHerself Is peanut pork southeast Asian? I just did my meal planning and am getting low on new meal ideas. I have some left but they just aren’t grabbing me. I limit beef and turkey since they are high in iron and I don’t sluff excess iron. So I use chicken, lamb and pork. I make a tofu dish with peanut sauce that is Indonesian. Hope all settles out well on the house.

This weekend is a planning weekend. I am a planner so I guess that is appropriate but instead of land use or environmental planning I need to do fitness/health planning. I did meal planning this morning. Since I have been working on my fitness and weight loss all along it isn’t like it is a big thing but I am not happy with how slow my weight loss has been. I want at least 4 pounds a month. I have had a significant deficit and except for March and April it has been too slow. I am disappointed with May and expected a woosh sometime this week but it hasn’t come. Also I haven’t taken my exercise goals seriously and that was okay but I am ready to be more serious. I can find ways around my knee issues.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    lilmisfit1987: Have you tried doing some hip flexor stretches? I get sciatic pain when my deep hip muscles tighten up.

Mine is caused by disc in my back rotating and pinching a nerve unfortunately. A visit to the chiropractor fixes it. Doesn't happen too often fortunately. It's been a couple years.
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for this group!

Name: Joy
    SW: 205lbs (6/6/10)
    GW: 195lbs

My exercise goal is doing Walk Away The Pounds 5 days a week, and I'm on track for that goal. I'm currently doing 1 mile workouts, and will try my hand at 2 miles starting on Monday.

My food goals are to continue finding hidden carbs in my diet: starch-sensitivity is causing inflammation that adds to my weight. I have osteoarthritis in one knee that flares up whenever I eat an unsafe food, so it works as an early warning sign. I just ordered monk fruit sweetener to go into my morning coffee with half-and-half to replace the unsafe creamer I've been using.

I just found out that onions are carb-heavy, at least in the amounts that I've been eating them!😭
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @speyerj How scary! Glad to hear that your heart checked out okay. Sounds like you have a good attitude and a good plan to deal with this curve ball!