Women 200lb+, Let's Shoot for the Moon this June!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72
    308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 4/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 5/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    288.8 lbs - weighin on 6/06 -- loss = 2.4 lbs

June Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or approx. 1.5 lb/week)
    Onederland - first major goal
    165 lbs - goal weight

June Goals ---
    Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 8+ water
    Exercise 30 min minimum; work at increasing
    Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter (clutter is never ending!!)
    Step Challenge for F2F Group: 5 min = 500 steps --- do 4 sets of 5-min walks each day

Tasks for Today ---
    (1) Get groceries. (2) Go to Home Depot to pickup 3 more tomato cages for peony and hibiscus support. (3) Plant Trillium and Hibiscus. (4) Collect and bag garbage and put in bins. (5) Collect recycling and put in bin. (6) Put all yard waste in bin .... and, (7) take all bins to curb for pickup tomorrow. (8) Plant Trillium and Hibiscus and water all outside plants.

Have a great day Y'all 👋
  • elainey13
    elainey13 Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
  • cesse47
    Options
    lilmisfit1987: Have you tried doing some hip flexor stretches? I get sciatic pain when my deep hip muscles tighten up.

Mine is caused by disc in my back rotating and pinching a nerve unfortunately. A visit to the chiropractor fixes it. Doesn't happen too often fortunately. It's been a couple years.

I'm a subscriber to Bob & Brad on YouTube and several things They've discussed and demo'd solutions have helped me with several issues ... including sciatic pain issues. I searched their site for sciatic pain and many vids came up. I've incorporated two of their suggestions. Perhaps you can find one or two that will help alleviate pain as well. Good Luck!

https://youtube.com/user/physicaltherapyvideo/search?query=sciatica
  • cesse47
    Options
    @speyerj -- I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. Best wishes!!
  • k1975lr
    k1975lr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SW: 216
    SW one week ago: 217
    CW (6/7): 210.6

This past week I tracked everything. Had an off day yesterday, because I built my son a stand for his terrarium and it's the first wood project I've ever made. It was hot, sweaty and long work, so I ended up going out to dinner. But, I tracked that too and ended up eating all my exercise calories.

Goals for this week:
    1) continue tracking calories every day
    2) increase water consumption
    3) add one more day of exercise
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    @dewsky1 :Doing a long-range food plan takes a lot of the misery out of it. I do mine five weeks at a time so that I know I'm not repeating anything too much, and because I find five weeks is about right for my fella to start saying, "Hey, we haven't had (meal) in a while, when's that coming up again?" and not get bored. Then I can just buy on the plan, and I don't have to think about it or worry about it, I cook what's on the plan. If you're interested, friend me and shoot me a private note, and I'll tell you how I do it.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    And another molar that was scheduled to be worked on in July has decided to jump the queue and make itself known as an individual with issues. Ate a peanut butter sandwich soaked in chicken broth for dinner, and a cup of pudding. Which has my calories up, but it isn't satisfying. I like things that crunch and are chewy, and that's just not doable right now. But I go get this dealt with tomorrow morning, so I will be able to have a good dinner tomorrow night.

I did precooking today, and made a quichecake with chopped bacon, caramelized onions, and Swiss cheese for breakfasts for the week. Boyfriend and Girlfriend both eat that for breakfast, and a 9 x 12 pan lasts about a week. I also made crab cakes, and instead of having the planned meal, I just gave him a couple crab cakes and asparagus for dinner, because I wasn't going to get to eat and he got so excited about the crab cakes. (grin) Now that they're baked and fried up, they will rewarm in a low oven on a cookie sheet when we want them.