Options
    q9f1fgafpsp8.jpeg
    8kca38xvlmc3.jpeg
    ozb0plj0ag7c.jpeg
    khw3kws0deo3.jpeg

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Grocery store run was a success .Lots if veggies to fruits. Managed to get JR unsweetened almond milk 🥛 y creamer for him y daddy to share (JR likes creamer flavors it in his almond milk protein shake).
    Got JR a big bag of tater tots. Everything was in stock for the first time the store was full of folks. Was a success of a trip the cell phone shows with that trip y house walking I reached my 3 mile goal. Lots without masks now or gloves. Everyone else who realizes the virus isn’t gone at least had a mask on or around their neck...litterely useless but guess they don’t get that it needs to cover something other than your Adam’s Apple lol 😂. Got me a treat a Hershey with Reese’s bar (new combined one) took 1-2 tiny squares to eat with my strawberries 🍓 y grapes 🍇 yummy treat. Found peaches to squash did so good on this trip. Found a product I was wondering about cauliflower based things green giant but realized for the price y size I could make 4xs that amount with no preservatives by hand. So said nah left it. Got some vegan hotdogs for hubby. Was going to get some special tortillas a treat for myself but decided it was more important to get sour cherries for hubby (good for gout). So I put it back decided I can do without.

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Husband bought me a gift. Oh Lord give me strength! I will have ONE of these puppies AFTER I eat my meal. I am thunk by a huge *kitten* salad. Maybe an egg salad. Maybe an egg in my protein Kodiak flapjack mix. Hmm, its a conundrum!😁
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Share them with him and your son. :)

I miss donuts sometimes. We don't have good ones here in Tassie.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    For me, well my injuries are really the least of my worries now. My sister (she's 53) had a stroke and will not be going home for the foreseeable future. It's very emotional.

I am done with 2020.

Tina

Very sorry ... strokes can be a long road to recovery.

• Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Machka: I talk to myself, too. Unfortunately, if DH is within hearing distance he is highly irritated by my personal monologs and mutterings. :ohwell:
    Katla in Beautifully moist NW Oregon

>>>

My spouse talks to herself, to the dogs, to me, to the universe, to the TV, during movies, during the news…and yes, it irritates me, because she is so put out if I ignore something she says that she expects a response to. The reason it irritates me is because I love silence, and it already takes a fair amount of my psychic energy to tune her out…so when she expects an answer and is indignant that I am not paying attention to what she is saying, it irritates me. We finally agreed that she will face me or at least turn her head towards me and say my name to get my attention if she expects a response from me. I love it when she goes to bed so I can turn everything off and have silence. In all fairness, sometimes if she is busy with a puzzle or an audible book, she is quiet.

Karen in Virginia

Mine is an inner monologue. I don't talk out loud ... with one exception. If I'm programming, I do. I talk to my code ... cackle and chortle when it works ... moan at it when it doesn't.

Otherwise, that's what long walks and bicycle rides are for ... the inner monologue.

M in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka Oh to be a fly on the wall listening to you cackling and chortling! :D:D:D
  • Machka9
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Of course, there are other possibilities

I'm thinking ... the old, decrepit dams in the US could all let go. The multitude of earthquakes every day could result in California breaking off and setting sail. (I've got articles and website links for those possibilities)

I'm hoping the solar flare waits until December, to give Tasmania a summer finally. And they've also missed a worldwide outage to the power grid. I'm pencilling that in for November in conjunction with the second or third wave of the pandemic.

zb85dyax5ir7.png

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,658 Member
    Options
    Karen - that's a great picture! Had you seen it before?

In answer to Rebecca's question, yes we are trying to be a safe place of support in this crazy world. When we ask for input or for Pip's boot that is different. But we need to remember to accept and support one another. Our friends or spouse's may support us each in different ways, but it is not our job to judge the love that we show for one another. We are each different and need different things.

Kim from N. California who is now off her soapbox!
  • Machka9
    Options
    The first time I've actually laughed in years was when Rhody came into our lives. :)

ace5b7durwvf.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA: You were a genuine cutie who was born into a handsome family and grew up to be a brilliant woman. WTG!!! :heart:

Tracey: I hope your tight throat gets better, ASAP. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Levi is a cutie!!! :bigsmile:

Tina: I am so sorry that your sister had a stroke at such a young age. DH had one several years ago. He’s doing okay now. The stroke did cause some permanent damage and he now has to use a leg brace. His brain is fine, & he is able to enjoy life, although he has good days and bad days. I hope your sister recovers and is able to enjoy her life. :flowerforyou:

Kim: I like your soap box. You are articulate and on target. Thanks! :star:

Gardening is a pleasure for me. I live in a townhouse with a pleasant deck and very little yard. We have a drip irrigation system set up for all of our outdoor potted & hanging plants. It is on a battery powered electric timer that turns the water off and on as we have programmed it. Individual pots all are supplied by tubes with drippers. DH bought the parts from ACE Hardware a few years ago. We seldom have to replace anything once we have the spring/summer system set up, but we have spares that we use as needed. Our plants get watered whether we’re at home or travelling. :smiley: So far, it doesn’t seem like this will be a year that is good for travelling. I hope I turn out to be wrong about that. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,368 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Katla - I wish I had a drip system like that. I've given up plants in pots because I hate watering, but that sounds ideal. It does sound a bit complicated tho. Does it take long to set up? I've seen them on Amazon, but they seem to be millions of bits! :*;)

We at last had some rain last night after months with none at all.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: stroll with pooches, 40 mins decluttering office.
    Bonus: SAM.GOV application and certification letter submitted, authorization of entity form to board president, 30 mins lopping/chopping Scotch broom, jiggle/jogging watching Property Brothers to get steps in.
    Get to do: invest 10 mins cleaning Kitchen/Laundry, carry over 26 mins mins cleaning Master Bath; reconcile SDAO Safety & Security grant receipts for Monday chat with Aaron, mat work, BB&B, practice new dances (Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita, Dance Monkey; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, bottle return, transplant parsley, pineapple, rose geranium, Stinky; make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; call stove repair guy to adjust kitchen flame and assess Aunt Elsie’s Stove to determine if finish cleaning and start de-rusting feasible; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine,
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.

Joyful June 6: Notice lockdown upsides: more time with Joe and the pups, marginally cleaner house, some freezer/pantry purge, lower gasoline costs, REALLY grateful for church, dance and T’ai Chi gatherings.

Rainy day. Progress on grants:
    completed COVID-19 expense relief application authorization letter, all 11+ pages of the SAM.GOV application, sent draft entity administrator authorization letter to Board President for signature and notarization, waiting for CAGE number from DLA.mil.
    (Lisa HOW did you keep your sanity doing this all those years?), and Office decluttering

Lisa your vision of the silver lining, a cultural shift away from racism and toward a more just society, is awe-inspiring. From your mouth to everyone’s ears, and hearts. On a lighter note, would love to hear the long, only fell off the mower once, story.
    Machka and I didn’t even know it was gardening exercise day when I headed down to the power line to chop Scotch broom. “Not wom but two (grumpy) wombats…” :lol: Happy to hear about your workday or what you’ve learned in uni, sad about your DH’s negative attribution bias. You’ve taught me so much about so many topics. This forum is my resource for conversation, learning opportunities, inspiration, sympathy and safe vent space. I’d be terribly lonely without it. Sometimes I talk back to the TV :} Delighted Rhody has brought laughter back to you. Double kitty hugs held extra long.
    Amber thought of you today when MFP wouldn’t take some of my food entries so I kept tap tap tapping to no avail. Put it down for awhile and when I came back YIKES! Mfp had entered every time I tapped. Had to delete triplicate and quintuplicate entries. Foo.
    Katla Fingers Xd that the spot is easily remedied. What flavor B&J? How long can you make a pint last? ;} Ditto what you said about Karen in VA’s family pic.
    Allie enjoy your mini vacation at the beach. You deserve a rest!
    Rita haven’t had trouble logging in, but logging food is another issue. Lag time, delays, duplicate entries showing up much later, feel they’re trying to drive me into paying $$ to subscribe. Grr. Is there telemedicine in your area?
    Rebecca urk! Husbands! Joe gets me when he makes pancakes. His are the best, crispy/crinkly edges with tender soft innards. :sick: Judge-free zone absolutely!
    Tracey “…clothes kept in closets over lockdown…” ROTLMAO. Sending “just because” vibes to your DH.
    Karen in VA Mama ALWAYS required me to comment, signifying I was paying attention, whenever she paused her monologue. This is no doubt why I feel guilty if I skim past and don’t respond to everyone here. Perhaps it’s time for me to outgrow that conditioned response.
    ((Tina)) Is your sister far from where you live?
    Pip that helmet looks like it was in quite a wreck? The hood and side car are in beautiful condition. :love: the style of the sidecar.
    Kim your soap box reminder was spot on!

Big BOOMy thunder and lightning. Cloudburst downpour. Hope our power stays on. I’ll need hot water tomorrow for my shower. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: better than April.
    daily: steps=6330 vits=6 log=6 CI<CO=6 CI<250<CO=5 Tumble & Shadow 5=2 mfp=6 clean 10 mins=4 outside=3 up hill=3
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=1 rx= dance=1
    mnthly: board mtg= grant=1 review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=3 play=0 sew=0
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Rebecca or if you like the food you can cut it up into tiny servings and put it in the freezer and it it bits.
    @Machka that negative bias must be rough.
    @Katla it sounds like your DH is similar, swaying towards the negative in thought.

Nice day yesterday. I went to take pics and videos of rental apartment finally. I coud surely have rented without but the pics are a bit dated (even if it hasn't really changed, and a video is good these days to reduce visits due to covid.

Then went to a gallery opening (supposedly limited to 10 max, but there were maybe 15 at some times, and 5 at others). A close friend's significant other is a gallery owner, so it was the opportunity to go to an art show which I enjoy, and also to finally meet their 1-year-old twins. We ended up spending much of the time in the back office feeding them together. It was fun for me since I don't see babies much and enjoy them. For him it was nice to catch up too, and to have help, he finds it a massive amount of work, feeding them and caring for them. He's a young looking 50. I think he's a great dad, but he's really enormously missing being able to work more. I think he's the main caretaker because he's always eked out a living but never been a big breadwinner. His significant other seems rich but apparently they have to reduce the amount of gallery space they use due to lack of money. The current size is good. After it will just be one room of maybe 25 sq meters or so, still w nice window in pretty good district.

I hope they sell something.
    It must be pretty stressful to hope a collector buys one of the 10,000 euro painting so that they have 5,000 to pay gallery rent and for family needs.
    She is partial owner of the space (co-ownership), and possibly of their fair-sized central Parisian apartment too (which much cost 800,000 to a million these days, so they are far from being in the street).

Today : walk, food shop, laundry, relax, zoom buddhist thing at 5pm-7pm (last weeks was awesome) and zoom w usa friend at 8.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello all of you beautiful women!

It has been quite a few crazy weeks for me. We got through the month end close. The system conversion has tons of issues, but none are falling within my area which is fine by me. The team and I are now in “daily” mode. We have incorporated the additional steps and things are flowing along fine. We also caught up with all of the backlog from the conversion.

I have also been busy on the personal front. I have been supporting local businesses on the weekends. Last Saturday I had a wonderful brunch while sitting outside at a local restaurant I have been visiting for over 30 years (gosh, I sound so old). I have also been downsizing the house and prepping for painting. It is good to stay active and getting the house in shape.

6xrzwrggfr81.png

Basil – When it starts to get leggy and messy just cut off a stalk, cut in to 3-inch or so lengths, and stick the bottom ends in soil (strip off any yucky leaves). It will root in the soil. I usually stick 10-15 pieces in soil and before I know it I have another basil plant.

Machka – Oh, winter. We haven’t hit full summer yet. Thank you for the joyful calendar. Too busy to make sure I log every day – but am grateful every day for the little and big things. Rhody is adorable and it looks like he is very comfortable with you and DH. Obviously he now owns the home. LOL!

Evelyn – Glad you enjoyed the time with your friends and are planning more socially distant social events.

Luci – So sorry about Rocky.

Julie – I record all intake every day and also record my weight. I have lost the same 40 pounds three times now and find every time I stop logging in my intake the weight creeps back up. My true goal is to continue to log all of my foods from here on out which is how I found MFP.

Single During These Times – I have not had any issues living alone and surviving these times. When I hear other’s stories I think I have it easier as I do not have to deal with anyone else’s stress. It’s just me and the cat. And, Smokey is about the chilliest animal I know. That said, I also work full time even though it is now remote. I have always been able to entertain myself and with technology we can stay connected to anyone, anywhere.

KJ – 1st second generation of babies! What an honor.

Karen – How did the doctor’s visit with your partner go? Sorry if I missed the update. Did he/she sign off on the paperwork? I am much like you, if it’s in the house I eat it. So I try and only bring single-servings in the house when I am craving trigger foods.

Amber – WTG on the weight loss. JR did not look happy getting his hair cut.

Margaret – Your flowers are lovely. Simply beautiful.

Tina – Sorry to hear DH’s back is still bothering him and especially sorry to hear about your sister. So young!

Tracey – I loved 7th Heaven and was sorry to see the show end. It reminded me of “The Waltons”.

Tonya – WTG – great weight loss!

Pip – Big hug to you. I cannot bring myself to go through all of the cards – I tossed the ones I had given Charlie, but have not had the heart to toss the ones he gave to me. 11 years and one would think the heart would dim, but it does not.

Heather – Your son is very talented. The BD cake looked delicious. Glad the new trainers worked well for you.

Carol – Anytime anyone says, “Do not be grossed out” I have to read/see it. I have been exterminating my own house for years. The best thing to do is to buy some boric acid and sprinkle it in all of your on/off switches in the house (you’ll have to take the plates off) and in any open areas around your pipes (under the sinks and such). It’s less toxic and works for years.

Barbie – Jake’s break sounds like heaven.

Loving all of the historical family pictures, new baby pictures and updates, and reading about everyone’s lives.

Additional work update. We were told we would be returning to work on June 15th and to contact our managers regarding our schedule. I emailed my manager after hearing rumors we are opening the office and will be scheduled for two days per week to be in the office but it will not be necessary to be in the office. So I ask myself what kind of BS is that. Why say we are opening? It’s my thought corporate stated we must open, but our management team feels it is safer for us to be remote or is looking for additional people to let go. In today’s environment I am not sure what to think. I guess once my manager gets back to me, it has only been two days, I will make a decision.

It’s off to the races for me.
    SuziQ – SFL
    Where we have had over 10 inches of rain the last three days. It has been raining for two weeks now and I would love to see the sun. With the tropical depression out in the gulf it will probably be overcast and showery.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,400 Member
    Options
    Pip: That scooter and sidecar! 😍 Classic!
    Rebecca: I used to love doughnuts, but the last time I indulged, I didn't enjoy it, and suffered horrid stomach ache. I think my digestive system is developing a mind of its own and is giving me not so gentle reminders about what is good for it.

After a couple of days of high winds and drizzly weather, DH and I finally got out for a walk late yesterday afternoon. Made me grateful that we have had such lovely weather since lockdown in March. Not that the 'rain' had much effect on the parched ground.

May you find your Peace within
    hic68lqtlbzr.jpg

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    SuziQ Yes, he initially accepted my spouse's paperwork…but his office called back later to say they would have to re-do the form (partly because they somehow enter the info in the computer rather than just scan the form and partly so they could charge us for it). So they will copy what I put in, generate the newly filled in form, and he will sign it and then who knows what they will do with it. Hopefully send it back here so we can see if they butchered the information or not.

Terri and Rebecca I've had the same experience as Terri - there are some foods I stopped eating because they make me feel bad. Once upon a time I looked forward to a Costco hotdog loaded with onions, relish, & mustard after a shopping trip. Then I noticed I always had vertigo and a hangover the next day. Undoubtedly the nitrites. Probably a good thing, since hot dogs are not great for me anyway. The Costco dogs are 100% beef and are made with no corn syrup, phosphates, fillers, byproducts, artificial colors or artificial flavors. But they do have sodium nitrite.

Heather and Katla I'm currently in the process of setting up my drip irrigation! - I have an old system I have dug out from under the house and am taking inventory of. It will take some work to get it set up, but it will really be labor saving and keep the plants looking beautiful all summer. I work for about 3 hours today, but the rest of the day will be devoted to installing as much of it as I can. I know I'm going to have to order some parts & pieces but think if I just go ahead and get started, it will become clear what I need to finish the job. I'm so excited about it!

Hugs to all who need them.

Kim I have probably seen that photo but I didn't remember it. It makes me a little sad to look at it. My parents are distanced from each other in the photo. Three of us are dead - my dad and sister to suicide and my mom to breast cancer. Both of my brothers are mentally ill.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Options
    1mjddlwc0l2s.png

That will likely be one question on the exam, in some form or another. On past exams, they've had students describe terminology for each point of view, or analyse a video we were to have watched from both perspectives. I wonder if they might use the current situation this time.

M in Oz