WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did a Bikini Body Lose Weight DVD. That’s one of the new ones. It’s good, but I don’t think I’ll keep it. They keep interrupting the workout for some Doctor to give a small talk. I want to exercise! The plan for tomorrow is to do two of Jane Fonda’s workout DVD’s that are mostly stretching

Tracey – my father used to use a rubber band around his wallet! Congrats on your report.

Soup kitchen today! First I want to stop at the sheriff’s office and drop off some expired medications. Then I need to see Lynette

Talked to Jess this morning about the dog. She tries to show that she really felt the people waited too long before taking the dog to the emergency care. She’s right, honestly. But I know deep inside she’s feeling bad, even tho she doesn’t want me to see it.

I meant to take a walk yesterday after dinner and totally forgot. See, if I don’t exercise early in the day, it doesn’t get done. Well, it’s cloudy right now. Hopefully, it isn’t raining after dinner and I can go for a walk Update: I went for the walk

Pip – there’s house near us that has a sign for a “soft wash”. What exactly is that???

Janetr – ((((HUGS))))

Tracey – I’m sorry that you can’t see your mother. Hopefully, next year you will

I don’t know what’s up with MFP. It says that I have a 1 day streak. I know I’ve been logging. Well, to me that’s a bogus number anyway

SueBarry – wonderful! Congrats

Washed my car and then went in the pool

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,823 Member
    Options
    JanetR ,sending love and hugs...and hoping fond memories of them both stay with you.. and super duper prayers for your great grandson..
    Well I had a great time with Trudy today we went to Costco and then stopped at shake shack for lunch.. pricey but it was ok..
    Tomorrow i think Alfie and I will head up north to the cottage until Tuesday morning...dont know how much time I will get away .. so will take what i can get..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,733 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a Bikini Body Lose Weight DVD. That’s one of the new ones. It’s good, but I don’t think I’ll keep it. They keep interrupting the workout for some Doctor to give a small talk. I want to exercise! The plan for tomorrow is to do two of Jane Fonda’s workout DVD’s that are mostly stretching

[

Pip – there’s house near us that has a sign for a “soft wash”. What exactly is that???

Janetr – ((((HUGS))))

Michele NC

It a solution they squirt on let it sit then rince off with water
  • pipcd34
    edited June 2020
    Options
    St no traditional workout-

We were going to take my scooter and sell it in California where we r going, then as I was talking to my sister, she was interested and she wants to buy it from me. It will stay in the family, pics will follow
  • pipcd34
    Options
    They are working on getting it back to California which was part of our problem. Kirby got it running, not bad for sitting for 7 years
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    A good article on COVID-19 and food ...

The wash-up on coronavirus and food
    https://blog.csiro.au/coronavirus-and-food/

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    This sums up my thoughts on "Failure". I never fail. Either I succeed or I learn.

nhiss5tyezvc.png

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,542 Member
    Options
    Pip, love the scooters! My color too! Glad they're staying in the family.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Machka9
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SueBarry1 wrote: »
    Best news from my doctor today. I am off one of my blood pressure meds, talking about eliminating all meds in the next couple of months. Walking 30 to 60 minutes a day , most days. The 47 pound weight loss helped too.

Congratulations!!

@janetr7476 ... {{{Hug}}}
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Tina, I'm sorry for what you are going through. I guess slow and steady on the hiking is the way. A running friend said once past 40 you have to stop when feeling pain whereas before 40 you can kind of jog through it. I guess it could be opening up a Pandora's box to find new cousins and half-siblings. it might be more emotional than he can manage.

@Katie I used to have mfp on phone but when changing phones I didn't think to put it. I tried pretracking but I really don't plan specifically so other than breakfast I pretty much change almost all. I'm having a hard time remembering to or getting to or giving constant importance to tracking; I used WW tracking and found it quicker, (I think the site was just faster, and it remembered my food by meal, which was faster for calling them back up.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Amber, I liked the post quarantine video, ha, ha, for the fake sister on the phone praising him for being messy.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Janet I'm so sorry.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I had to work on the legal thing quite a lot this past week. Had appointment with the lawyer on Thursday afternoon, with masks, sitting a good meter and a half from one another. I had everything in paper copies and scans. He still likes to have paper copies to work with together at the table. It took a long time to weed through and prepare. I was able to get a letter from an expert for our case, and that expert gave me the name and number of another expert who will likely give the same opinion so I have 2 experts. I had to work several days on it. It has an emotional side that wipes me out. Thursday morning I kept working on it and then spoke on phone to 2 colleagues with similar situation. Thurs afternoon scooter to lawyers (about 1 good hourround trip) and good meeting (about 1.5 hours). Then 1/3 way home I realise I left my phone to charge and went back to get it at lawyers and then back home. Had an appointment to pick up tomato plants from neighbour offering them online on neighborhood facebook group. so tired I really didn't want to go (30 min round trip on foot at 7pm), I didn't know her at all, but she was so nice. I had asked for 1 or 2 but she gave me 4 and suggested I give them to some neighbours. Then online follow up meditation thing at 8 (thank goodness only for 1h, I had thought 2), I had signed up for. I was having an allergy attack so I cut video, and there were about 75 of us, so all mute. I watched it in my easy chair. It was good too, but a lot for 1 day.

But Friday I was so tired, I had to send grades in and the way we have to do it is complex, so it took maybe 3h or so, and had to tidy a bit. then wrote to students in another school we are supposed to do makeup exams with. The administrative service is supposed to take care of it, but they are not responding at all. They are very unreliable.
    Some schools are using the covid closing of offices to not be clear in communication. if schools don't have good representatives, the direction does whatever they want and it can be pretty bad.

I work in 3 schools and 1 used to be horrible but is now very good. The other 2 are not great at all. Outside covid situation, you can just stop by if they are being evasive, but now one can't go without authorisation. And since they don't answer, you can't get authorization.

Then I zoned out for the rest of the day and evening on Friday. I was so tired, and the legal thing took many days of work but also an emotional toll.
    The lawyer says our case looks very good. I thought so, due to the sketchy answer of the adversary, but he confirmed it and also dug up some high level (highest court) jurisprudence, in our favour apparently. He said it was a good session. He had a few questions asking for further questions or explanations and I had plenty of documentation and answers.
    I have to do some follow up, scan send, request a document, and file, but am taking a break till Monday.

I still need to work on rental apartment so maybe this weekend.
    I believe I made the right choice to work on legal case.

It's just not fulfilling on a day to day basis to work on legal stuff.

Oh there are 2 wood pigeons on my balcony again!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Kim - I'm glad you managed to write out your frustration and sadness. Living alone is for the strong. You are amazing. Soon things and people will be more touchable. Lots of love and a warm (((HUG)))

This doesn't affect me personally, but when it's TV personality you always feel you know them and it's so sad.
    A well known Britush TV presenter, Kate Garraway, has been sharing her husband's Covid illness with her followers. He has been in an induced coma for many weeks and he is not coming out of it. An MRI is showing horrible damage to all his body and , I expect, brain. They seem to have been a happy family, with young children. I don't know her, but I have been following the story. There is an article in the Sun recently. It touches me. The worst kind of living hell.

The sun is shining. I am grateful for everything. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    ((Heather))
  • Machka9
    Options
    This doesn't affect me personally, but when it's TV personality you always feel you know them and it's so sad.
    A well known Britush TV presenter, Kate Garraway, has been sharing her husband's Covid illness with her followers. He has been in an induced coma for many weeks and he is not coming out of it. An MRI is showing horrible damage to all his body and , I expect, brain. They seem to have been a happy family, with young children. I don't know her, but I have been following the story. There is an article in the Sun recently. It touches me. The worst kind of living hell.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I can relate.