WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ Do the knee strengthening exercises. I did them for weeks before I had my knee replacement and I am sure that is why after surgery I did great! Was able to walk without the walker the next day.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,227 Member
    Options
    Tracey I missed something. Why has it been 5 years since you've seen your mom? :'(

Karen, I live in Alberta and my Mom lives in New Brunswick, it is 2600 miles between us. Flights in Canada are ridiculously priced. It costs close to $1000 to fly home. In 2017 I lost my job, had a new job in 2018 but no vacation time or pay. Last year was our daughter's wedding and we couldn't afford it, plus I started a new job and had no vacation time. I was planning and saving for a trip home in September of this year, but with Covid I would have to self isolate for 14 days when I arrived in New Brunswick. It makes no sense to try to go when I couldn't see her or any family anyway. The NB government is not allowing any inter-provincial or international travellers to arrive without self isolating until there is herd immunity or a vaccine.

I just pray that next year is a better year and that Mom is still able to recognize me when I see her. I have hopes that she will. My Aunt that had Alzheimer's knew her own children up until the day of her death.

Tracey

I'm sorry you haven't been able to see your mother and hope you'll be able to get there soon-ish.

The last time I saw my mother was in 2017 about this time of year. We were flying to Canada and seeing my family every 1-2 years but between my husband's accident and C19, who knows when we'll see them again. 😕
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    432022s1vheyatjs.gif
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Tracy and Rebecca ~ Wonderful Photos and Memories! :)

Carol in GA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Janet, I am sorry for all that you are going through.

Tracey, it has to be hard living so far away from your mom. My sister lives 500 miles away. She usually tries to make the trip home two or three times a year. Nit being able to come during this pandemic is wearing on her.

I tried a new smoothie for lunch. It was ok, but I think would have been better if I had used the proportions in the recipe. It had cauliflower, chocolate protein powder, cacao nibs, maca powder, almond butter, almond milk, and a banana. I had extra cauliflower, which was not frozen but leftover cooked, only half of a banana because that’s all that was left in the freezer, a little extra milk because I just dumped the rest of the carton in, then since I was low on frozen stuff, i threw in some ice cubes. It was a little too heavy on cauliflower, not enough flavor from the chocolate and banana and the ice cubes. It nothing else it was very nutritionally dense! It was very, very smooth!

I am loving my new metabolic workouts. I can’t wait to see if they produce results.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie what is a metabolic workout?

>>>

JanetR so sorry. lots on your emotional platter right now…I hope little Jaxx will be OK. (((Hugs)))

>>>

Karen in Virginia

• 1948Peachy
    Options
    Janet ~ I had to go back and find your post. I don't know how I miss some but just want to say how sorry for all you have had to deal with since Christmas. Praying for poor little Jaxx and for the loss of your bnl and sister.

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,549 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    😁
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    (((((((Janet))))))💖
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,101 Member
    Options
    Janetr prayers!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((JanetR))) Hoping things go well.❤️
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,817 Member
    Options
    Janet - hugs to you and keeping Jaxx in my prayers.

Rebecca - I love the stories of your grandparents.

Tracey in Edmonton