• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Kim, I missed ,what bid for what?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Wilted salad for dinner tonight, one of my very favorite things to eat. yum

Lanette I think you asked how much I'm working now. If I would have answered you the day you asked, I would have said practically nil. I am just not fast enough to snag shifts when they are posted, which is how independent contractors get hours. It's a free-for-all. A text gets sent out and the feeding frenzy begins. Fortunately, there were shifts posted today that didn't get claimed very quickly and I was able to pick up about 25 hours over the next 2 weeks. Perfect! Plus, this afternoon a friend alerted me that ad hoc shifts had opened up (happens when there is a surge in demand), and I worked for about an hour this afternoon. I have another 2 hours tonight from 9 to 11. Starting in October I will be scheduled for about 16 hours a week, and will have an opportunity to pick up more hours during flu season if I want to.

At my brick and mortar job, so far I am scheduled one day in July and one day in August. I am going to try to keep myself employed in some capacity to avoid triggering the release of retirement money that I don't want to receive yet. My medical director seems happy to have me in the wings to call on when needed.

Allie I'm sorry you have a gout flare up.

Karen in Virginia

• KetoneKaren
    Options
    Kim I am so doing a happy dance for you!!! :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Dlfk: I chose what I eat and when. No cheating involved. I do CI<CO. I prelog my day’s food to make sure I balance my macros, and use exercise to balance my intake with my energy output. Celebration meals are no different to any other day’s. I have no banned food. I chose to eat healthy 90% of the time.

I have a daily baseline of 1600 calories, and regularly add 400-500 with exercise, but I don’t consume most of those, so I always have calories in hand if I decide on a little indulgence.

so, if you consume 1600 calories, do you make sure that you have exercised more than that many calories? It sounds like the thing to do but I am just not that active(I know, I should be and need to work on it)

1600 is the figure set by MFP for me to maintain. I exercise for extra on top of the 1600, but don’t normally use most of those exercise calories. They’re an extra cushion for emergencies. 😂
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

THANK YOU, I will check them out. they look perfect.
    I really appreciate you posting for me.

Did you do all of them this morning?
    How long did it take?

I did a warmup, plus the first 2 this morning, took about 70 mins altogether. Then I walked over 8000 steps during today. I also worked in the garden after lunch.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Kim: 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 Happy dance for you!!!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Thanks Karen and Terri!

Who was looking for cannas? I'll mail you some! I have 2 kinds - red/dark green leaves with red flowers, and medium green and white striped leaves with a bright orange flower.

Kim from N. California
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Debby - I am the same about breakfast. I have a coffee every morning but as soon as I eat I’m hungry the rest of the day.

Kim - I am so incredibly happy for you! My wish is that this opens the door wide for a lot of business. You deserve a windfall.

I splurged tonight on one of my favourite meals. The local bank we use at work has had to close due to a sewage backup, I had to go into the city to complete my deposits. Since I was going at the end of the day and would be getting home in time for supper I decided to get Olive Garden. I hadn’t used curbside pick up before, but it was incredibly easy and efficient. It is about 25 minutes drive home so I cranked the heat to the floor vents to keep the food hot and had the window down so I didn’t suffocate. It worked very well!

Now I need to burn some calories lol

Tracey in Edmonton
    Tracey in Edmonton

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    DLFK202000 - I remember that you are short (me too) but when your calorie count is lower, which at 1000 you are, I would recommend that you really look at the nutrition components on MFP and that over a week or so you are getting everything you need. (I believe that if I am high in something today and low tomorrow that can work itself out) as our bodies do seem to worry about getting everything we need and forget to lose weight when our calorie count is low.

smiles Kim

Kim- do you try and get the carbs/proteins/fats all about equal or more on proteins and little fat and carbs.
    Today I am at 840 but will finish at at least a 1000. I am at 66 protein, 55 carbs and 37fats right now.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    So I just had to update my post about the bid I put in. Well I turned it in about 2 hours ago and it was accepted just now. YEAH!!!!!! It will be a crazy amount of work, but the pay is good.

Kim

Congratulations!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Heather – when you say that you do certain exercise for extra calories, do you do the exercise before or after you have the food? I never knew that paddleboards can also be inflatable, so thanks for informing me

Vince finally changed the light switch in the mud room! For the longest time you had to hold it an extra second or two if you wanted the light to stay on. Now you can just flip the switch!

Dflk (isn’t it Deb?) – I tend to eat lots of little meals

I’m looking for about ¼ yard of San Diego Charger material. If anyone can get some and mail it to me, I would really appreciate it. I’ll be more than glad to reimburse you for the material and postage. Charger material is no where to be found around here.

Kim – how wonderful!

Melanie – I take Prolia for my osteoporosis. I was on a biphosonate, wasn’t really improving, then went on Prolia. I got so much better that insurance wouldn’t cover it any more and said I had to go on a biphosonate. Well, it didn’t improve so now I’m back on the prolia. Mr. Moneypenny is so adorable

Ginny – I’m sorry about your coworker

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Thanks Karen and Terri!

Who was looking for cannas? I'll mail you some! I have 2 kinds - red/dark green leaves with red flowers, and medium green and white striped leaves with a bright orange flower.

Kim from N. California

OMG that was me me me!!! I'll send you money for postage and handling, please PM me and thank you so very much.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    P.S. KIM, I would love to have both varieties of cannas.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dlfk: I chose what I eat and when. No cheating involved. I do CI<CO. I prelog my day’s food to make sure I balance my macros, and use exercise to balance my intake with my energy output. Celebration meals are no different to any other day’s. I have no banned food. I chose to eat healthy 90% of the time.

I have a daily baseline of 1600 calories, and regularly add 400-500 with exercise, but I don’t consume most of those, so I always have calories in hand if I decide on a little indulgence.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the duplication. I couldn’t get rid of it.🙈