WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is from different places but tell me what is your "cheat" meal, your splurge??
    I have stuck to my 1000 cal. for so long that I am have a hard time going over- afraid of getting off track but I know I need to change things up.
    Do you eat little meals more often or intermittened(sp?) fast.
    I have been not eating until noon most days. For me, if I eat breakfast, within a half hour I am more hungry than before I ate and am hungry all day. If I don't eat and stay busy, I don't feel hungry at all. Break the fast and then I want to just eat.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    dlfk - .I don't do 'cheat' meals because I'm strictly CICO. I eat around1800 calories a day. That's because I have a base line of 1200 plus my 600 morning exercise calories. I also do 300 bonus calories which I try not to eat. Sometimes I fail. :/ I could never live on 1000. Life would be miserable for me. I realise that your height makes things more difficult. I am 5ft 4 ins. It is hard for short people. My DDIL is short, but is a demon exerciser. She often cycles 45 miles. She had to give up running because she damaged her knee, but she used to run 15 miles.
    I exercise so I can eat like a 'normal person. Denial is not my style. If I couldn't exercise for any reason i would be HUGE. :#
    I lost 57 lbs over 18 months by gradually increasing my exercise calories.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :) I don't do "cheat" meals. The closest I come to that is relaxing my CICO when my husband fixes something special for me. "Cheat" meals are a slippery slope.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    I am on my laptop as it seems the only way to be able to communicate with you all..phone still not working for community page.
    i did some errands this morning, but my foot still bothers me, I do take allopurinol for gout and prednisone for the flare..
    called my nephrologists office to have them sent in another script.. for both.. disappointed my granddaughter with not going to the beach but will try and go next week..
    laying low this afternoon and trying to rest the foot..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Heather and Rebecca--Thanks for sharing the family pictures. I am very happy things are letting up some so can see the grandchildren. I have really missed them.
    Lisa--office looks really nice and Corey does great work. DH went to use our printer a couple days ago and it said it was out of ink. We just bought this one new just after the first of the year. Any way he went and bought more ink and they took him that it s a habit of drying out, so should print something once a week.
    Well I work 12 hour shift tomorrow and be so glad when my new person is trainned and I will then only work Mon-Fridays. Going after work today and get my nails done. This is something I do just for me and I do enjoy them looking nice. Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    dlfk: I don't do cheat meals, either—BUT if I want to eat more than usual I exercise to burn the extra calories. Exercise includes walking, riding my friend's horse, & riding my recumbent trike. It is on a trainer in the garage so that I can ride in any weather or any time of day. I ask myself this question and always get the same answer, Who am I cheating? I'm cheating myself. I didn't list yoga as a way to burn calories because I haven't been able to go lately. I hope to return to my yoga class asap.

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    dlfk - .I don't do 'cheat' meals because I'm strictly CICO. I eat around1800 calories a day. That's because I have a base line of 1200 plus my 600 morning exercise calories. I also do 300 bonus calories which I try not to eat. Sometimes I fail. :/ I could never live on 1000. Life would be miserable for me. I realise that your height makes things more difficult. I am 5ft 4 ins. It is hard for short people. My DDIL is short, but is a demon exerciser. She often cycles 45 miles. She had to give up running because she damaged her knee, but she used to run 15 miles.
    I exercise so I can eat like a 'normal person. Denial is not my style. If I couldn't exercise for any reason i would be HUGE. :#
    I lost 57 lbs over 18 months by gradually increasing my exercise calories.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

when I was doing my hour on the treadmill, an hour of zumba and half hour of abs workout I would eat a little more but with no zumba/abs plus not doing treadmill I really tried to always stay at 1000. I am just now getting back to regular exercise but don't feel that motivated. I am slowly getting back on track. Maybe next week I will get back on the treadmill- use those exercise calories to add a little more to my diet. I need to find the balance that works and the scale starts moving.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I don't do "cheat" meals. The closest I come to that is relaxing my CICO when my husband fixes something special for me. "Cheat" meals are a slippery slope.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

My husband doesn't fix anything but loves to get takeout and brings his left overs home- never, ever anything healthy in the slightest so pretty easy MOST days to stay away from it. This past week he has brought home Church's Fried chicken, Chevy's Mexican food, all meat pizza and Chinese food. Not healthy and for sure not great for a diabetic. This is the stuff he brings home all the time.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    I want to try some exercise on Netflix or Amazon- we have both and I never use them at all except watching one show while I was on the treadmill months ago-
    Any suggestions on good ones to start.
    I haven't even looked them up- keep saying I am going to but never do.
    I need something to follow to keep me going. Trying to remember the things our teacher showed us doesn't work- can't remember any of them now.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Dlfk: I chose what I eat and when. No cheating involved. I do CI<CO. I prelog my day’s food to make sure I balance my macros, and use exercise to balance my intake with my energy output. Celebration meals are no different to any other day’s. I have no banned food. I chose to eat healthy 90% of the time.

I have a daily baseline of 1600 calories, and regularly add 400-500 with exercise, but I don’t consume most of those, so I always have calories in hand if I decide on a little indulgence.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Dlfk: I go into YouTube and search for whatever exercise I want to do. There are hundreds available. I use a range of exercises, but like variety.

The only motivations I need for exercising are that it allows me to eat well, and it keeps me fit and healthy. 😂

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Dlfk: I chose what I eat and when. No cheating involved. I do CI<CO. I prelog my day’s food to make sure I balance my macros, and use exercise to balance my intake with my energy output. Celebration meals are no different to any other day’s. I have no banned food. I chose to eat healthy 90% of the time.

I have a daily baseline of 1600 calories, and regularly add 400-500 with exercise, but I don’t consume most of those, so I always have calories in hand if I decide on a little indulgence.

so, if you consume 1600 calories, do you make sure that you have exercised more than that many calories? It sounds like the thing to do but I am just not that active(I know, I should be and need to work on it)
  • dlfk202000
    edited June 2020
    Options

THANK YOU, I will check them out. they look perfect.
    I really appreciate you posting for me.

Did you do all of them this morning?
    How long did it take?
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    when using MFP, tracking your food, what number do you use on the calories on an item if there are many to choose from with different calories. I cooked a tri-tip in the pressure cooker- I looked up tri tip beef. 4oz is anywhere from 150 to 290 cal.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    DLFK202000 - I just looked up tri-tip and most of those on the higher end were listed with a restaurant name too. and that may be that the restaurant adds marinade with calories or as a friend I have does after he cooks tri tip the slices get dipped in melted butter. So I would either use the grocery store listing (if that is available) or the generic. Of course the amount of fat in any particular tri tip will affect the calorie count. I think that is part of why many of us do not eat back any or all of our exercise calories.

hope this helps
    Kim
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    DLFK202000 - I just looked up tri-tip and most of those on the higher end were listed with a restaurant name too. and that may be that the restaurant adds marinade with calories or as a friend I have does after he cooks tri tip the slices get dipped in melted butter. So I would either use the grocery store listing (if that is available) or the generic. Of course the amount of fat in any particular tri tip will affect the calorie count. I think that is part of why many of us do not eat back any or all of our exercise calories.

hope this helps
    Kim

Thank you!
    That is part of the reason I stick with 1000 cal a day. That and in case I measure wrong(or just guess at it)
    This is a premarinated tri-tip. I didn't think about checking the package when I cooked it yesterday. I will just go with 200cal but may not eat the full 4oz. Planning on having mine on a salad while the guys have theirs as sandwiches w/ cheese on sour dough bread.