WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Debbie ~ You were a teeny tiny bride. You still look fine to me. Love blue and it suits you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Machka: I hope all goes well for your husband’s surgery. :heart: Does a virtual bike race or or distance running event occur inside buildings on treadmills or outdoors? :huh:

Allie: I hope Faith’s shower goes well. Getting her hospital bed should help so that she can be more comfortable. :flowerforyou:

Terri: Your descriptions sounds like there are fires somewhere causing air quality issues. We’ve been through smoke from distant fires a few times in the past several years. We sheltered inside the house and the air conditioner helped a bit. We were okay but a bit uncomfortable. :star:

Luci: I am going to assume that I’ll be safe. I know they are being very careful. Thanks for your good thoughts. :heart:

Heather: Our schools closed early and there were efforts to crate online classrooms. I don’t have a school aged child so I don’t know how it all went. I do know the children have been fed at least once a day by the school district. They were given sack lunches to take home. I think that is still the case. :flowerforyou: I love the photo of Svalbard.

Pip: I hope that Kirby doesn’t test positive, and you don’t, either. :noway: It has been years since we moved. I know how much work is involved. Like you, we were hoping to start a new adventure. It has been a good choice. I believe you’ll be happy with a change, too. If not, get out your boot and kick things the way you want them to go. :heart:

Amber: I hope your daughter is doing well. :star:

SuziQ: I have a photo of Arrow, but I’m not riding him. I am not sure when my next ride will be, but I’ll ask my teacher to take a photo. Then she can point out my less than stellar posture, and all sorts of other less than perfect work. Starting to ride at 11 is quite a lot different than starting to ride at 60ish. Here I am at 70. Time marches on. :wink:

Rori: I’m so glad that you’re making changes that will make life easier and more pleasant. :heart:

I had fits logging in here today and I’m glad to be here. I tried repeatedly to get logged in and finally made it! Things can go my way more often when I don't quit early. :wink:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Debbie ~ You were a teeny tiny bride. You still look fine to me. Love blue and it suits you.

thank you~~ I was 4'10" and 95lbs when I got married the first time. Hubby #1 is 6'2".
    The blue dress is loose and hides the mid section that I really want GONE.
    Thanks again-
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    RockinMBC wrote: »
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind welcome! (I’ll have to learn how to tag individual people on my replies eventually).

I’ve been playing bass and guitar for ages now - so picking up the banjolele has been fun and easy. I love old timey music and vaudevillian jazz (as well as some primitive rock and roll) - so I’m throwing it all into one big melting pot.

Been baby sitting my sick pup, Ms. Moneypenny, for the past week - she has Intervertebral Disc Disease and keeps getting herniated discs in her back. It makes me very sad to see my sweet little girl suffer. Hopefully some crate rest will set her back to right.

Hopped on the treadmill this AM - got my workout in! I tend to do 40 minutes which is close to 2 miles at a time. Feeling good in that respect! I even convinced my DH to start using it too! A miracle!

I would love to expand my circle of support here on MFP - if anyone is interested - Please send along a friend request!

Melanie
    Fabulous Las Vegas!

Melanie- It would be a miracle if I got my husband to hit the treadmill too. He does not do any physical activity besides walking while at work(and before this pandemic, that was limited to 15hrs a week as per retirees limit- that has been lifted so he is working 40hrs a week now)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did a Cathe Legs with Weights DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT. This will be the first time I’m in a gym in quite a while. But this gym I feel somewhat comfortable in because it was always very clean.

Melanie – welcome back. Water workouts are a good compliment to your walking. Admitted, it isn’t weight bearing (mostly)

M - great news! I don’t have any intention of flying. Now Jess plans to fly to Idaho to see Colby’s family in mid July. Personally, I wouldn’t do it.

Amber
    – why wouldn’t the Navy tell your daughter if she was positive or negative? For some reason, the last time I used my cherry pitter, it didn’t pit a lot of the cherries. Well, cherries are on sale again so I’ll get more and pit them. We shall see how they come out

Pip
    – I certainly hope Kirby doesn’t test positive. Will keep good thoughts for him

Good luck to all the runners

SuziQ
    – the IRS charges you to file online. The price of filing is less than the price of a stamp. They want you to pay to make their lives easier? So we don’t do it

Deb – you look so pretty in that picture. Problem is that you haven’t changed

Melanie
    – for lots and lots of support, keep coming in. I wish I could get my dh to do even a little bit of exercise. He’s waiting for “vitamin e” to be developed…lol

I am going to do some HIIT tomorrow. This’ll be the first time I’m in a gym in 3 months. I almost forgot that I needed to charge my headphones! And get my things ready for tomorrow. Boy, is this strange. But I think I’ll be getting back in the groove.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    This is the mezze menu! :oB)

sgpto3r6zi92.png

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a Cathe Legs with Weights DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT. This will be the first time I’m in a gym in quite a while. But this gym I feel somewhat comfortable in because it was always very clean.

Melanie – welcome back. Water workouts are a good compliment to your walking. Admitted, it isn’t weight bearing (mostly)

M - great news! I don’t have any intention of flying. Now Jess plans to fly to Idaho to see Colby’s family in mid July. Personally, I wouldn’t do it.

Amber
    – why wouldn’t the Navy tell your daughter if she was positive or negative? For some reason, the last time I used my cherry pitter, it didn’t pit a lot of the cherries. Well, cherries are on sale again so I’ll get more and pit them. We shall see how they come out

Pip
    – I certainly hope Kirby doesn’t test positive. Will keep good thoughts for him

Good luck to all the runners

SuziQ
    – the IRS charges you to file online. The price of filing is less than the price of a stamp. They want you to pay to make their lives easier? So we don’t do it

Deb – you look so pretty in that picture. Problem is that you haven’t changed

Melanie
    – for lots and lots of support, keep coming in. I wish I could get my dh to do even a little bit of exercise. He’s waiting for “vitamin e” to be developed…lol

I am going to do some HIIT tomorrow. This’ll be the first time I’m in a gym in 3 months. I almost forgot that I needed to charge my headphones! And get my things ready for tomorrow. Boy, is this strange. But I think I’ll be getting back in the groove.

Michele NC

Thank you- for the most part, look the same except 45lbs heavier now than in picture #1. At least I am no longer at my heaviest which was about 80lbs heavier than first picture. At my height, any extra really shows.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Hi all!
    Well, the beach adventure went pretty well. It was just wonderful to see the grandchildren IRL. They managed to keep one metre away, more or less, but they did talk away to us and had a great time swimming and riding my son's new paddleboard. We sat near the sea, so most of the crowd was behind us. The beach was busy and by the time we left the young people were taking over with their boom boxes and their bottles. We queued up for ice creams and they were just fabulous. I had chocolate chip in a tub, which I could sanitize.
    Arrived home gasping for water and drank three large glasses. It wasn't too hot by the sea as there was a good breeze. I'm so glad I don't live in London any more. Summers were far too hot. No breeze tonight, so I will take my fan upstairs. Must remember to shut the Velux as we might have a storm.
    I am a very, very fortunate woman. <3

Also DDIL told me about a friend of a friend who is delivering mezze meals to homes every other Saturday. No delivery charge. The menu looked amazing and it is really reasonably priced, :o so we've ordered two for Saturday at 6 pm. :D We have hardly spent any money recently, apart from food, so we paid for the ice creams and are splurging on the mezze.

I have so many photos and videos of this afternoon that I don't know which ones to post. Here's one of the whole family in the sea. The two older ones are very good swimmers and Bea can swim a bit, but wears floats.

[
    Oh my heart!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather, thank you for sharing your amazing pictures. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.
    Being with family, how ever short/long the visit is is very important.
    We are going up to see my parents for a quick visit on Saturday. I have only been to see them once since this virus hit and that was a very quick visit to see them plus raid their greenhouses so I could get my garden planted. Miss not being able to just go up and spend the weekends with them when I wanted. Not being able to go up to get away when I needed it has been hard. We didn't go up on Father's Day plus today is mom's 77th birthday. Son will not be able to go because he is working. I will make sure husband sanitizes WELL before we go up and stays away as much as possible. Can't risk them getting sick but miss them so much. They are an hour away.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    well found out that MFP community isnt working on my phone, i couldnt check in all day..
    gout still being a bother so will make a beach day next week with Taliah..
    Heather, Rebecca Love the pictures of the littles just so adorable...
    going to pick up some tart cherry juice to hopefully take care of some of the uric acid...
    returning a screen to Lowes tomorrow and picking up one from Home Depot and going to the bank..
    then will have a fun weekend with friends
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Heather - that menu made my mouth water. Question for you: when you say that you (for example) need to do some rowing to earn calories, do you do it AFTER you have had something or before?

Allie - do you take anything to prevent the gout? Vince takes uloric

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Katla:
    Your descriptions sounds like there are fires somewhere causing air quality issues. We’ve been through smoke from distant fires a few times in the past several years. We sheltered inside the house and the air conditioner helped a bit. We were okay but a bit uncomfortable. :star:

😂 We live a mile inland from the Irish Sea, and the hot sun was raising a sea mist. It soon burnt off. There was no problem with the air quality

😍 Aw!!! The kiddy pics!!!

Heather: Glad you had a good day. 💕💖💕
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    :'( Jake's new lawnmower came today and he carefully put it together and charged the battery and when he switched it on, nothing happened. He can't talk to customer service until tomorrow because they were already closed when he called. He was so excited about being able to cut the grass today. I feel bad for him.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Pip, so happy to hear that Kirby is negative and that you both are going to be retired very soon! I'd be excited too!
    SuziQ, the dog poop in a bag on her doorstep! LOLOLOL
    Heather, happy to hear the beach meet up went well, so nice to see those littles! That take out menu looks a lot like what you would make, hope you enjoy it!
    Machka, happy to hear that hubby's surgery went well and that you found a way to get some steps in!
    I'm sure there was more that I wanted to comment on, but I'm at work, so have limited capacity on the computer. Have been riding my bike to work and back the last few weeks, it is hard work! But I do love the calorie burn. I did get hubby to put some air in the tires, having them fully inflated does make a world of difference!
    Have invited our son and DIL and grandkids over for dinner next Tues, not sure what I'll make, it definitely won't be as fancy as anything Heather makes, but it's not about the food anyway (at least that's what I keep telling myself!)
    Nothing new here, so congrats to those celebrating, hugs for those needing them and welcome to the newbies! Please don't be insulted if we don't "friend" you, most of us do our social media thru this page, just jump in when the mood moves you!
    Evelyn, on beautiful, sunny Vancouver Island