WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Still hot here at 7.30 pm. :| I don't like the heat. Tomorrow we are meeting the grandchildren at 4 pm on the very crowded beaches, that were in the news for overcrowding this evening. Not looking forward to it, but want to see them. I expect they will be swimming. Big hat, loose pants, camisole top, sunscreen, water, masks in bag just in case. Who will queue in the heat for the ice creams? :o
    I've planned corn on the cob, quick in the IP, for when we return. Then blinis, faux caviar and creme fraiche. Nice and easy.

The weather is set to break on Friday night. Can't wait. Very few people here have AC. So glad I'm not in London.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    unable to do spoiler today; my computer is sticking.

Today more good news for activist stuff. We have been working independent from unions because for years unions didn't want to work on our case. we have a good proportion of signatures and recently some prominent ones and prominent people working on it. today the key elected officials of the major union signed our petition. that is major.

it's great because I'm without a doubt the person who worked most on this and was at its source. at first we were 2 but I definitely did most of the writing research, and now we've got a little collective together and some prominent names. I'm at the point where I feel I can't do much more and so I'm telling the guys I need them to step in. We're getting some unexpected snowball of support of key players. it's great. it's taking on its own life and I can most definitely step back. thank goodness.

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Luci - For travel, grab some disinfectant wipes and wipe down the toilet seat and handle before touching it as you're traveling. If you can't get those, take paper towels and some rubbing alcohol. Then of course, wash your hands like mad after you're done, use a tissue to open the door and then I'd use sanitizer again back in the car. Public toilets are historically disgusting. Now, I bet they are cleaner than ever, but I'd still wipe everything down.

Machka - Good luck to both of you on the surgeries and recoveries.

Travel - Not being able to comfortably travel is making me crazy. I love to travel...anywhere. I'd be fine with a weekend road trip or even a staycation at this point. We did buy a discounted voucher for a trip to Panama whenever we can get there.

Tina in CA

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Vicki ... good to see your post! My friend experienced a period where she too had incredible hives. Went to several doctors, made diet changes, meds, etc. It turned out to all be stress induced! Certainly, you have been under a lot of stress. Hoping your hives will soon be gone.

Beth near Buffalo
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I'm about to make a trip to Kroger to buy chocolate ice cream for my spouse. She is insistent. I am not a happy camper. She can't drive. She had a colonoscopy today. She is obsessed with chocolate ice cream. I am going to get it for her. :s:s:s
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Waiting on Jean getting out a bit later..
    Then going home and putting my foot up and icing it.. look for my meds and call them in..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Karen - what a nice thing you are doing getting that ice cream

Beth - you should be very proud of your husband treating that landscape worker the way he would want to be treated. Vince always complains that I over-tip when I go out to eat.

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Karen - I'm sure your partner will appreciate it. Chocolate is my favourite ice cream too.

Beth - My neurotic self thinks Covid at the least little thing right now too. We have to complete an assessment every morning at work. Sometimes when you think about it, you feel it I swear! Your husband is a good man for teaching that young man rather than taking advantage.

Michele - I tip based on service. I waited tables for probably 10 years of my life all told and I expect my service to be the way I would serve, if it's not I don't tip. I was taught that tipping was for good service it is not mandatory.

Struggling so hard to get through the day. I am very sleepy and have a slight headache. It looks like we are in for rain again this evening so I may have a nap when I get home.

Tracey in Edmonton

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    The store was pretty crowded but everyone had masks on. I went through self-checkout and skedaddled home. There was a time when I wouldn't have thought anything about making a quick run to the store for a treat requested by my spouse. C-19 has changed everything.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser (an ex-pupil) rang today, to confirm she is opening on 4 July. I want my hair to grow a bit more before I go visit the salon, and also want to wait awhile to see how all the relaxation of regulations goes, so have made an appointment for 11 August. If things go pear-shaped, I can always ring and postpone the appointment.

DH and one of our neighbours are working on our shared fence today. The wooden posts have rotted off so they are replacing them with concrete. (Hubby has his own cement mixer, so he often helps out friends/neighbours with concreting jobs). I left them to it.

Beth: Your husband was very kind to help the young workman to revise his pricing. I’m sure he was very grateful for the advice.

Heather: Totally understand the dilemma of wanting to spend time with grandkids but not wanting to go to the crowded beach. I saw the pictures on the news. We can now meet with family indoors, but I’m ambivalent about it, as we would have to travel for an hour each way, and I haven’t been in anyone’s else’s house since 11 March.

Too tired for any more comments. It’s almost midnight.

(((Hugs))) 💕💖💕 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 As appropriate.

☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser (an ex-pupil) rang today, to confirm she is opening on 4 July. I want my hair to grow a bit more before I go visit the salon, and also want to wait awhile to see how all the relaxation of regulations goes, so have made an appointment for 11 August. If things go pear-shaped, I can always ring and postpone the appointment.

DH and one of our neighbours are working on our shared fence today. The wooden posts have rotted off so they are replacing them with concrete. (Hubby has his own cement mixer, so he often helps out friends/neighbours with concreting jobs). I left them to it.

Beth: Your husband was very kind to help the young workman to revise his pricing. I’m sure he was very grateful for the advice.

Heather: Totally understand the dilemma of wanting to spend time with grandkids but not wanting to go to the crowded beach. I saw the pictures on the news. We can now meet with family indoors, but I’m ambivalent about it, as we would have to travel for an hour each way, and I haven’t been in anyone’s else’s house since 11 March.

Too tired for any more comments. It’s almost midnight.

(((Hugs))) 💕💖💕 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 As appropriate.

☘️ Terri

Good fences make good neighbors.💖
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I grouch about my husband from time to time ... truth is he really is a good man. Thanks.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) This is near the end of day three of my re commitment to careful portion control, careful food choices, and return to eating to lose weight. I ate this way for years and had great success. I am reminded of the woman who when interviewed about how much weight she lost, said, "I broke up with cheese.".

:) No haircuts for us and no meeting anyone anywhere for anything.

:):)Karen, I would have done the same thing for my husband if he had just had a colonoscopy and had a craving for a treat.

:)Rori, You are brave and amazing taking on two high maintenance family members and remodeling. My hat is off to you.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Oh happy day! I know Vince doesn’t like this, but that’s too bad. The Governor just extended Phase 2 for three more weeks and made wearing a mask mandatory. I admit, to me wearing a mask is a pain in the lower back side. But if wearing a mask will help get this under control, then I’ll wear one. Yes, grudgingly, but I’ll wear it. NY, NJ, and CT now are requiring people from NC to self-quarantine for 12 days before going into their state. Vince says this is political, that those states are “getting back”. I don’t care if they are or not, this is getting ridiculous. Let’s just get this under control. Hopefully, this will send a message to those getting lax that “if you don’t start complying, we’re never getting out of phase 2”. I know that since the bars are closed, bar owners are complaining saying that a restaurant that has a bar is allowed to be open but they aren’t. To me, restaurants should be closed. Now if they give up their liquor license, then they can be open. But if they have a liquor license, then they are closed. But that’s just me.

Tracey – you really could say that I’m the same way regarding tipping. If I get lousey service, they get nothing. But if I get decent to good service, I tend to over-tip.

Ran to JoAnn’s. They didn’t have the yarn I needed so went to Michael’s and got it. Then stopped at WalMart and they didn’t have any pool salt. Was going to buy gas but then realized Jess still had my credit card so didn’t get it.

Got Vince to play Parcheesi with me tonight after my walk around the block

Hair cut tomorrow!!! Then Friday is the soup kitchen. Boy, am I a busy gal….lol

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Rori - I was surprised when I learned what people forget with dementia. My Aunt knit all her life and would sit watching tv knitting and counting and never even look at what she was doing. She lost her ability to knit about 5 years in. My Mom embroidered and had beautiful workmanship, her embroidery skills especially how colours came together was one of the first signs my brother and I noticed.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station, 64 Degrees :0) - 54.18min, 14.6amph, 138mhr, 13.23mi= 456c
    apple watch- 485c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.56min, 141mhr, 10.08min mi, .48mi= 65c
    apple watch- 60c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.25min, 9.49min mi, 144mhr, .45mi= 67c
    apple watch- 65c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.25min, 9.1amph, 145mhr, 2.48mi= 183c
    apple watch- 152c

total cal 771