WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Rebecca: I love your sense of humor, and your rhyming talent. :wink:

Ginny: The deer here moved into town full time. It is an excellent place to be during hunting season—and garden season. I recently saw a group of two adult does and four half grown babies, munching grass in a shady lawn right beside the second busiest road in town. I think the second doe may have been a baby from a previous year. The deer repellant system I bought at ACE seems to be keeping them away from my bean plants & I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this lasts for the whole season. :star:

Lisa: Your yellow hibiscus is glorious! Way back when, I went to Hawaii with my best friend after our high school graduation. We worked in a local cannery every summer for two or three years to afford the trip. We had tickets for an evening show and saw the dancers wearing grass-skirts and hibiscus flowers behind their ears. It is a great memory. Glorious flowers then and now! :flowerforyou:

Kim: Your “face” is a lovely spaniel with a crown! Dogs are delightful and yours seems to be pretty & a good sport. :wink: The hibiscus is glorious. I assume you grew it. It brings back great memories of a visit to Hawaii right after high school graduation. My best friend and I worked in a local cannery every summer to afford the trip. We attended an evening performance with lovely hula dancers who wore grass skirts & hibiscus flowers tucked behind their ears. It is a memory I treasure. I’ve never been back, but my friend went there with her family after we were all grown up. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    😁
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    The yellow hibiscus bloomed out today - the pink one was yesterday, but I missed the first bloom. I planted four, two red, one pink, one yellow. We'll see how they do... :) The yellow is attracting the bugs like moths to a flame...

74d76ch7hsf4.jpg

>>>

This sunny yellow hibiscus deserves an encore!!!

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I so miss my hibiscus. We had several when we lived in the Houston area. They grew wonderfully there! Thanks for posting the pic!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Katla49
    Options
    :star:
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    My back screened in porch is surrounded by Rose of Sharon plants which are in the same family as the Hibiscus. They make a lovely screen during the summer months. Lovely to look at!

Carol in GA
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Rita – good news on the bloodwork. Beautiful evening pics

Katla
    – jello for breakfast, jello for lunch, jello for dinner…oh I remember and not looking forward to it in 5 years. The things that were listed as zero calories weren’t things like celery. Well, someone might have just made a mistake, that’s what I think. They might have been entering the entry, clicked OK, and just forgot to put in the calorie count. Fortunately, there is usually another more correct entry

Did a body pump DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an extreme cardio DVD

Made some dog biscuits for a neighbor. I’ll give them to her if I take a walk tonight. If it’s still warm, I’ll go in the pool

I forgot who made that collage, but I like it

Now into the pool

Michele NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,829 Member
    Options
    bdyyuq3qg0sy.jpeg
    cyk2k2jp8rgpb5.jpeg

Delicate lacy flowers. I don’t remember what they are called.

RV Rita
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lost the hubby back weight so where I was.
    Toes hurting no clue why didn’t injure it so guessing slept odd.

Amber Tx

Lunch pizza y Diet Pepsi
    Dinner crystal light tea y will see
    Snack at night Unknown with water or crystal light tea.
    Night always 2liters of water 💦.

Daughter back to feeling poorly then better then worse it’s in waves .Her food bills getting high lots of takeout leave at the door pizza place that agreed to work with her (they got $7.50 salads to $13 pastas even). Exspensive but no choice at the moment
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    xk4mfgmd0ql5.jpg
    From my kitchen window.

Rose of Sharon are so pretty- my parents have a few large ones. Thanks for sharing