Sweating for the wedding?

Options
rmk57
rmk57 Posts: 10 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi Everyone!

Any future brides out there that are trying to hit their goal before the wedding? I'm looking for some support on operation fit into the dress :)

Please note: Of course the real goal is to live a happy long life. I'm not THAT shallow :)

Replies

• alicebot
    alicebot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi;

Congratulations! :) So when is your big day?
    I am getting married on Oct 19th. I have lost 13 pounds in four months, aiming for 15 more till the wedding.(fingers crossed).
    Add me if you'd like. I can also use some more motivation. :)
  • dcs1011
    dcs1011 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I am glad to see a fellow bride with this challenge! I only have 52 more days to accomplish my goals! Good luck on yours!!
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    YES! That's me right now!!

I just bought my dress on Sunday and the lady said I couldn't lose any more weight because it was laced up as tight as it would go. And fit like a glove (woohoo!). It's very figure hugging (eeek!). So now starts 'Operation try not to get fatter but simultaneously try not to get thinner.....just try and gain muscle and lose a bit of fat.' Phew. I have until April to keep this up so I'm going to be needing all the support I can get!

When is your wedding? Do you have your dress? What's it like?

So many questions......sorry for being nosey - I'm just excited!
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm sweating for a wedding too, Just not my own!! It is for my sister, in which I am the MOH. I am hoping to lose 40-50 lbs by then--wedding is in June 2014. First fitting for our dresses is in March. Would like to continue to lose 20-30 more lbs also after losing that amount.
  • rmk57
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not alone on this. I have plenty of time! We are getting married late 2014! That's the good news. The bad news is I have over 50lbs to lose and have been unsuccessful for over a year. I decided that I'm not going to even go to a dress store until January or February...so that has been my main motivation!
  • rmk57
    Options
    Congratulations Rachy!! That's a great position to be in!! I don't have a dress yet...but I have plenty of time. We are getting married Dec. 2014.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    May 3, 2014 with 40+ to lose. . .I start dress shopping next week. . .but realistically, I have a lot of weight to lose before the wedding, so I don't really want to go this soon, but my sister will be in town so we kinda HAVE to go.
  • rmk57
    Options
    Good luck zippywood!!!
  • returnofwhiterabbit
    Options
    Hi!! I'm saving for my wedding so i'm trying to lose some weight so i can go dress shopping with out thinking erm does that come in my size!!

Added you :)
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Same boat as the rest of you ladies! I bought my dress a month ago and it fit like a glove. Currently I am just trying to tone and maybe lose a couple pounds (thank god I know how to sew if I need to tailor my dress :) )
    I can use all the help I can get.
    I am currently starting a planking program that I foung floating around on pintrest. And my arms are getting more muscle to the point where I can tell how hard my arms are by running my hands over them (yay!)
    The other program was the 100 pushups app. I am looking into doing that, too. Just thought I would share some tips I'm sure it's nothing new. Anyone is free to add me!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Aug 31st 2014...count me in! Lets do this!
  • Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I lost weight & toned up for my wedding, 9 years ago today - changed my profile pic today to me thin (size 14) in my frock! I Lost 2 & 1/2 stone in 6 months, I felt fantastic & now trying to get back to size 14. Good luck to you all & enjoy wedding planning.
  • serafin366
    serafin366 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My wedding is August 30, 2014 and I'd like to lose quite a bit of weight between now and then, I have been dress shopping a few times, but refuse to buy anything until Marchish... I am really worried about the changes that may happen to my body between buying the dress and the wedding.
  • heriwen
    heriwen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    October 2014. with 50 ish pounds to lose. I WILL DO IT. I'd love an add from any and all for motivation and helping each other out. Best of luck to everyone, though!!!!
  • lucinda601
    lucinda601 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes! I am getting married in Oct. I am also sweating it out as well!
  • ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow-brides-to-be! I am one as well. I am getting married in June 2014 and looking to lose about 60 lbs. I don't think I can realistically reach my goal by the wedding, but hopefully I'll be slimmer, firmer, healthier and happier! Feel free to add me and we can support each other. Congrats on your engagements by the way :)
  • Kghaines
    Kghaines Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Getting married Spring 2014!! :D And I agree with the first post__that the marriage is MUCH more important than the dress ,and the groom should love the bride an think she is beautiful no matter what! But I still do want to feel as healthy and confident as I can on that day!
  • lizzieloucaws
    Options
    Hello everyone I am getting married on spring next year and want to focus on feeling my absolute best in terms of health and energy and confidence. It is going to be a teensiest affair but I am excited as a date has now been set and i have something to aim for. Good luck everyone
  • changingmylife85
    Options
    Good morning and congratulations to you all!! I, myself am planning a wedding as well! Excited for everyone. Love is a wonderful thing. To put it on paper is another beautiful thing and to present it in front of those you love is the best. And we certainly want to look our best, right? I invite you all to add me and we can be in this together :) We're great women! I think so and so does the one you're about to marry! have a great day everyone!
  • Kwob936
    Kwob936 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am getting married next August. Feel free to add me! I always need some extra motivation!
This discussion has been closed.