Sweating for the wedding?

Options

Replies

• cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes! We booked our wedding 2 weeks ago for 30th may 2014. Need to plan it quickly, but am trying to hold off getting the dress as long as possible as i still have about 30pounds to loose!

Anyone feel free to add me, we can motivate each other :)
  • ah327
    ah327 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you on your upcoming weddings! I will be getting married 9/20/14 and though I've lost about 40 pounds in the last year, I have a long way to go! Exercise is my main issue....I never get it in. I'd love to keep in touch with all of you, help motivate and encourage as much as I can as well! Please feel free to send me a friend request!

I'm going to have to start shopping for that wedding dress soon....so much toning and exercise need to be done before that day! :)
  • mallorymcg
    mallorymcg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well! My date is October 4, 2014! I would like to lose about 40 pounds by then! I loved seeing this blog! I will need all of the motivation I can get!!! Feel free to add me!
  • amberxy
    amberxy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely people! Nov 2014 for me. I'm hoping to achieve my goal weight of 80kg/177lbs by this time. Slow but steady wins the race...so I'm getting a jump on my weight loss now to avoid feeling fat, stressed and anxious about my appearance on the big day. Good luck to you all and add me if you want! Elena
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    recently got engaged am looking to lose about 50lbs before the wedding havent set an official date but are thinking may 2014
  • Bonneylynne
    Options
    Awww that's my anniversary! We'll be married 18 yrs this October! :heart:
  • xopinkdiamonds3
    Options
    Hi there! I am getting married next year, October 18th and I am working on getting into the best shape of my life! Not only do I want to look my BEST on my big day, but I want to feel my best too! :) Feel free to add me brides and future brides! Let's all help each other :)

xopinkdiamonds3
  • NikkiG_87
    Options
    Hi everyone, congrats on all of your upcoming weddings!! I'm not a bride to be, but I'll be three weddings in the next year and a half or so, so I hope that counts. I'm looking to loose about 70 lbs. but I'll set a specific goal when I get closer (want to see how I feel and look before I pick a specific number). Everyone feel free to add me :)
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Omg, story of my life. I'm getting married next June and have a dress crisis. I bought my dream dress 3 years and 40ish pounds ago so now it barely fits! (Long story.) Thankfully it's a corset so I can suck into it and just have the underlay remade if need be but..... I don't want that to be necessary. Pretty sure if I can lose 30 lbs by then I'll be golden, so I'm on a mission!
  • smkyle1
    smkyle1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not alone on this. I have plenty of time! We are getting married late 2014! That's the good news. The bad news is I have over 50lbs to lose and have been unsuccessful for over a year. I decided that I'm not going to even go to a dress store until January or February...so that has been my main motivation!

Oh my gosh, I'm exactly the same! Getting married in September of 2014 and am trying to loose most of my weight before jan/feb so I can dress shop at a weight closer to my goal! hahaha.
    I can't wait.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am sweating for a wedding too. My daughter is getting married Sept 14 I have been divorced 37 years and my x always brings a women I am always there alone when he comes to functions and does nit have a woman he speaks to me if he has someone he doesn't even say hello. I don't care who he is with but he has been engaged 4 times and we keep meeting women.I was always fat when with him and he said as long as you keep your mouth shut and let me do what I want I don't care what you weigh. Well I have kept 80 lbs off for ten years and just lost 12 more. I hope to look nice and carry myself well at this wedding. I am always alone I would like prayers for me to meet a nice Godly man.. You will make a beautiful bride. You will look lovely in your dress. I have before and after pics. I guess 70 is old :indifferent: to pray for a mate

I have a friend who just turned 80 and has a SO whom she just met recently. It's never too late.
  • hannah_d1989
    hannah_d1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm a bride to be! Getting married this November. I really only have 5-6 pounds to go, but its hanging on alright! Have lost about 13 pounds over 5 months. Any brides to be feel free to add me to discuss weight loss ideas or anything wedding related!! :)
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm a bride to be! Getting married this November. I really only have 5-6 pounds to go, but its hanging on alright! Have lost about 13 pounds over 5 months. Any brides to be feel free to add me to discuss weight loss ideas or anything wedding related!! :)

Good luck with those 5-6lb - I've seen so much on this boards that lifting weights and so on helps your body lose the inches when the scale doesnt seem to be moving, maybe that will help :)

My goal is to be less wobbly rather than a weight...need to lose the inches round the waist a little but otherwise, it's lowering BF rather than lb as a first focus, and the lb will go at the same time!
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    What is with the obsession with losing weight just for the wedding? I hate it, its all you see in wedding magazines and forums.

I'm getting married in March, but it is not the reason i'm getting into shape. I want to be a healthier and fitter person fullstop. That will not suddenly end when the wedding is over.
  • changergirl
    Options
    I'm not getting married till June 2015 but I'm planning on starting dress shopping next July. I'm out of the country until then so that's the earliest I can start!

I don't have a huge lofty goal, about 5 kilos left as I've already lost 19. However, I'd really like to be in the best shape of my life for my wedding and married life. So exercise is my focus for the next two years and then hopefully forever after!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What is with the obsession with losing weight just for the wedding? I hate it, its all you see in wedding magazines and forums.

I'm getting married in March, but it is not the reason i'm getting into shape. I want to be a healthier and fitter person fullstop. That will not suddenly end when the wedding is over.

Think the obsession is due to suddenly having a fixed goal to aim for? Were you inspired to be healthier and fitter when you got engaged or has it been something for a while? I'm just wondering as I started trying to be healthier last year, got engaged 5 months later, and now I have a specific date for the wedding, that's my first goal. Being married wont change any of that healthier lifestyle though and I have goals that follow after the day I get married.

But it might be for some people that the engagement is a 'woah....I'm going to have loads of photos taken of me, and there are some things I'd like to be a little different' thought so that is used as a spur :)

I'm not a fan of the 'congratulations, you're engaged, how much weight do you want to lose' either!
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    We've been engaged for about 18 months now, i've only recently gotten motivated to get fit because I want to do things like Tough Mudder! But its such a stereotype, if I turn down cake I get comments like 'aw come on you've got ages til your wedding, don't bother dieting now' *scowl* so many assumptions.

Having a set date for goals does make sense. I think i only see negative examples though. There's someone on my facebook who recently got engaged and now its loads of 'welp, better sign up to a gym & get a personal trainer so I look hot on my wedding day' status updates. I'm sort of assuming after the wedding she will also follow the tradition of 'letting yourself go'
  • Jlynn0116
    Jlynn0116 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Sept 2014, I have one year to lose 30 lbs...
    I once lost 95lbs on weight watchers but gained 40 back with my pregnancy and have been fighting these last 30lbs for nearly two years! I get super motivated to work out and eat healthy for a few months and then something stressful sets me off and I quit. Cant keep doing this to myself!
    Back on the bandwagon today!
  • albhd4
    albhd4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in! May 2015 here and about 60lbs to loose to be the same size I was when FI and I met :noway: I have quite a bit of time, but have started and stopped my weight loss several times now and this gives me a concrete goal date to get it done by. Feel free to friend me!

*Off to friend people in this thread*:smile:
  • Roxanne082
    Roxanne082 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I do not have a set date, but we have been planning/saving for our wedding and we are on a mission to be healthy to start a family soon after :)
    Please add me- I need as much motivation as everyone else! It's tough, but reading these, I am not alone! I need to lose 50 pounds, and a total of 95 to be at my “ideal” weight.
This discussion has been closed.