Sweating for the wedding?

Options

Replies

• ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Getting married in December this year :) I have my dress, it was two sizes too small in Feb when I bought it (but it was the only one so I HAD to get it!). Now I can zip it up without breathing deeply, hehe, so hopefully by November when it's being altered in other ways, I'll be able to breath in it!

It's scary having an absolute-deadline isnt it? rather than, oh by the summer and if you dont quite get there it's not a massive deal. But you'll be 95% of the photos taken on this specific date and wanting to feel as fabulous as possible at the time :)
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Do renewals count??

I am having my 5 year wedding renewal and want to be the same size I was when I got married...128lbs and size 4....It is November....So lets Go! Feel free to add me..
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    July 5, 2014 is my date - count me in people!! Lost 14 so far - would like to loose another 15-20... already picked out the dress - fits well now but want it to fit better for my last 'fitting' in May... would be awesome to see her take in a couple of inches lol..

Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want.. I've been having some challenges with the scale not moving even though I'm following my TDEE - 20% and working out at least 30 min x 5 days a week....

Any help is very appreciated...!! Let's do this together so we can really SHOCK the men when we walk down that aisle!!
  • sabrina2884
    Options
    Count me in....wedding is 8/23/2014...but would like to start dress shopping in November/December...I am trying to loose 30lbs:)
  • changingmylife85
    Options
    Do renewals count??

I am having my 5 year wedding renewal and want to be the same size I was when I got married...128lbs and size 4....It is November....So lets Go! Feel free to add me..

Of course renewals count!! Congrats!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    YES! That's me right now!!

I just bought my dress on Sunday and the lady said I couldn't lose any more weight because it was laced up as tight as it would go. And fit like a glove (woohoo!). It's very figure hugging (eeek!). So now starts 'Operation try not to get fatter but simultaneously try not to get thinner.....just try and gain muscle and lose a bit of fat.' Phew. I have until April to keep this up so I'm going to be needing all the support I can get!

When is your wedding? Do you have your dress? What's it like?

So many questions......sorry for being nosey - I'm just excited!

Be careful with that. Losing fat and gaining muscle is bound to change your measurements, even if the scale stays the same.
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am sweating for a wedding too. My daughter is getting married Sept 14 I have been divorced 37 years and my x always brings a women I am always there alone when he comes to functions and does nit have a woman he speaks to me if he has someone he doesn't even say hello. I don't care who he is with but he has been engaged 4 times and we keep meeting women.I was always fat when with him and he said as long as you keep your mouth shut and let me do what I want I don't care what you weigh. Well I have kept 80 lbs off for ten years and just lost 12 more. I hope to look nice and carry myself well at this wedding. I am always alone I would like prayers for me to meet a nice Godly man.. You will make a beautiful bride. You will look lovely in your dress. I have before and after pics. I guess 70 is old :indifferent: to pray for a mate
  • thehealthy86
    thehealthy86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm getting married 06/15/2014 and have about 50-60 pounds to drop. I already ordered the dress but I want to be smaller by the first fitting. I find my motivation waxes and wanes. Hoping for another burst of motivation comes soon! Congrats and good luck to everyone!!!
  • estliza
    estliza Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm getting married next year hopefully may 24 2014. I already have my dress I got it made from eBay so if I loose weight ill have to get it put in and my partner said he will pay to get it put in. Feel free to add me I want to loose at least 20kg
  • emmy1212
    Options
    I'm getting married 6/7/14. Just bought my dress last week, and I am starting to log with myfitnesspal and Endomondo tomorrow!! Definitely will need some motivation to stay on track!!
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    YES! That's me right now!!

I just bought my dress on Sunday and the lady said I couldn't lose any more weight because it was laced up as tight as it would go. And fit like a glove (woohoo!). It's very figure hugging (eeek!). So now starts 'Operation try not to get fatter but simultaneously try not to get thinner.....just try and gain muscle and lose a bit of fat.' Phew. I have until April to keep this up so I'm going to be needing all the support I can get!

When is your wedding? Do you have your dress? What's it like?

So many questions......sorry for being nosey - I'm just excited!

Be careful with that. Losing fat and gaining muscle is bound to change your measurements, even if the scale stays the same.

I knooooow :o( But it's happening anyway! I have to have it altered already as I can't wear heels (my Fiancé isn't tall enough, lol, plus it's on the beach). Even though I'm, 5'8" it's still about 2" too long atm. If it needs taking in at the same time then there's that option I guess. I think Christmas might sort any 'too thin' problems out though ;o)
  • robynjoseph
    Options
    Hi, my wedding is only in - 2 years, so I don't want to be 5months away from the wedding to realise that I have not lost anything. Early start for me, time flies by so fast. I'm in South Africa so I'll give my weight in kgs.

Current Weight: 72.3 kgs

Summer is 3 months away so my first goal would be to lose 12kgs.

1kg per week = 4kgs per month.
    If I lose 5 per month it would be even better.

Goal weight: Undetermined, going according to the way I feel. But I would estimate between 60 - 57kgs.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Me! Except I'm the mother of the bride 12 th Jan 14 and I want to rock my frock! Count me in :)
  • Willbeskinnyminx
    Willbeskinnyminx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies... would like to be added to... not only to ensure I can stil fit into mydress on the 5th of October for maintenance afterwards. If there are any busy working and studying moms out there... please let me know how you het excerce fit into busy schedules...

Good luck to you all!!

S
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you all!

I myself am on a mission to never fit in my wedding dress again, my wedding was on the 13th of March 2012, and I was at nearly my highest weight. But my hubby offered a re-shoot of the wedding photo's when I reach goal, if I wanted. I'm not sure yet...
  • LovinDaNewLiz002
    LovinDaNewLiz002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Me I am marrying the love of my life in Feb of 2014
  • xskinnycowx
    Options
    Hi all,

Feel free to add me - I'm getting married on 2nd August and have around 20lbs to lose.

Good luck!!!! :)
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine is in September 2014 but I havent tried a single wedding gown yet. That would be too....dramatic. All the shops in here ( Italy) have only very small sample dresses so I want to avoid at any cost any embarrassment :(
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds before my wedding last summer in a span of two months through exercise (I did not track calories, though I ate vegetarian and fresh foods). I bought the dress a size smaller, because I know I'd lose some, but I ended up having to get it taken in so freakin' much. The seamstress said she'd never seen a bride lose like that before. Then I gained most of it back after the wedding, so just a word of caution: be aware, and don't let yourself gain it back.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    I am sweating for a wedding too. My daughter is getting married Sept 14 I have been divorced 37 years and my x always brings a women I am always there alone when he comes to functions and does nit have a woman he speaks to me if he has someone he doesn't even say hello. I don't care who he is with but he has been engaged 4 times and we keep meeting women.I was always fat when with him and he said as long as you keep your mouth shut and let me do what I want I don't care what you weigh. Well I have kept 80 lbs off for ten years and just lost 12 more. I hope to look nice and carry myself well at this wedding. I am always alone I would like prayers for me to meet a nice Godly man.. You will make a beautiful bride. You will look lovely in your dress. I have before and after pics. I guess 70 is old :indifferent: to pray for a mate

My grandfather met a lady when he was 84. You're never too old. :)
This discussion has been closed.