30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Options

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    @suegreg2 Thank you so much for your support and saying Hi! I'm hoping that you and your husband are doing well. Meal planning helps SO much! Having healthy and easy options planned and available makes all the difference. Even better if I can manage to pre-track my meals for the day and follow along :smiley:
  • raintgael
    raintgael Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are off to a good start. You know what they say "Rome wasn't built in a day" It was one stone at a time. Keep up the good work.
  • bl3ss3dmfp
    bl3ss3dmfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome! I have been on this weightloss journey a few times myself. I had my 5th little one last year and never got back down to prepregnancy weight. Then holidays came, kids bdays, quarantine and I ended up back at "pregnancy" weight! I started back over the end of April (230.4) and I yesterday I hit Onederland! 199.8 that said I still have at least 20 to go and I know at this point it will go slower and I will have to work harder. So here I am, if you are looking for a friend... I am here! I also homeschool, but I have been doing it for 3 years now. We are on our Summer Break until August. What ages are you homeschooling?
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 13

I actually got some really good sleep last night and I feel really motivated and positive today. My husband has a neck injury, so I'm taking care of the kids AND him today - thank goodness I have the extra energy :smiley: I'm going to make a run to the grocery store today to pick up some odds and ends. I just need to stay away from the snack isle :o It's soooo close to the next weigh-in day that I'm trying to be extra good with my calorie intake.

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water - Nope
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @bl3ss3dmfp I got up to my pregnancy weight as well! You lost 30 pounds already? Wow! That's amazing and incredibly inspiring!

I am just starting to homeschooling my 2 kids ages 7 and 8, so 2nd and 4th grade. We decided to do a year-round schedule because my son has severe ADHD and we really need to be able to get his daily lessons in within a short window during the morning. This way we can reduce his amount of medication during the day. We didn't plan to home school my daughter, but with the current safety issues - we'll just keep her at home with us. We're into our 4th week and it has had it's challenges, but I think we're finally settling into a good routine :smiley:

What are your top tips for home schooling?
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @raintgael Thank you so much! I'm trying so hard to be patient, but it feels like such a hard uphill hike :o
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 14

Okay, today I am determined to get in all my water requirements! I missed two days in a row :o I also weigh-in first thing tomorrow, so I'm going to try to be extra good and really lay off the sodium. I just can not wait until my wedding ring no longer squeezes my finger.

Initial Daily Goals:

Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅ - YES!
  • Holly1019
    Holly1019 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have over 30 to lose. I need lots of help. Started doing not so well before quarantine, and now doing even worse. I have to get back on track. You can friend me if you want. Thank you.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,109 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

If any of you would like to try the team approach to getting through this crazy time with a wonderful group of people, take a look at the Fat2Fit Challenge. This group has been running for many years, and the community spirit on the teams is both supportive and effective. There is accountability (weekly weigh-ins, team chats, getting in there to share and help your team), all kinds of fun challenges, and general helpful friendship. There is space on a couple of the teams for some new members, so come check it out!

General info page:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Registration for July:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801389/july-2020-f2f-registration-for-new-members#latest

Give it a try if you want some real encouragement and success! The pandemic is a challenge, and we are all in there working through this together.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz You made it to the two-week mark! :) How do you feel?
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @jugar Thank you so much! I have joined!
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @Holly1019 It feels really good to get back on track! Some days are harder than others, but overall I feel better when I'm taking charge and on the downward trend. I miss not being able to just whip something up for a meal without weighing everything, but it's worth it. I sent you a Friend request <3
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @thelastnightingale It feels so good!!!! That's two full weeks of self-control and a healthier lifestyle!
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Your consistency is paying off!
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @donidaily Thank you! Daily accountability posting makes a difference for sure!
  • suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    Weigh-In Day - Week 2!

Start: 196.2
    Last week: 193.3

TODAY: 191.6

Down 1.7 last week, and 4.6 total

Awesome! Don't you love it when that scale moves downward?
  • suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate to exercise. It doesn't energize me. I am a couch potato by nature. That being said, I do try to force myself to swim or ride my stationary bike several times a week. I was doing some Leslie Sansone walk-at-home videos for a while, but I get bored easily, I guess! This might be an indication of my age, but I adore Richard Simmons. Guess it's time to mix it up and get moving - however I do it - just do it!
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    @suegreg2 I love the Leslie Sansone videos! I have several of her DVDs. I also am not energized or enthusiastic about exercise. I used to be better at it before I had kids and got chronically tired :D Now, just wearing my Fitbit and getting 10000 steps a day is the best I can do.
  • MommaGemz
    Options
    Day 15

Wow - it was super stormy this morning (and I was woken by several loud claps of thunder last night), but it was really hard to get up and going today. I really wanted to stay in bed and sleep to the rain. But the kids had school and I had other projects to work on as well. It was an extra coffee day. I also had a larger lunch, so it limited any snacking for the day. I ended with a dinner of just a cheeseburger (made at home, not take-out), but without any sides. I feel pretty good about today even though the sleepiness made me want to snack all day long :o

Initial Daily Goals:

Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅