Advice on Progress so Far

JackFrost213
JackFrost213 Posts: 3 Member
So I've been working out for a little over 2 months now and based on these photos I can say that I've gained a bit of weight, which is good, and my arms have definitely bulked up. But based on these photos, can any fitness experts let me know if I am working all the muscles properly based on the changes? I have been working out this whole time every other day for about 40 minutes and I've been definitely eating more too. Please let me know if you have advice or suggestions. Thanks!

8ie4rzmqg066.jpg
ygjw3npscxcj.jpg
0dcvgepxfdsi.jpg

Replies

• JackFrost213
    edited June 2020
    Edit: I could edit the previous thing. Sorry I'm new
  • Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 393 Member
    Well done you have definitely got bigger. Keep going!
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    No one can tell you that based on pictures. What programme are you following?
  • JackFrost213
    edited June 2020
    I'm currently using dumbells and doing different exercises with them. I usually stretch for about 7 minutes and then do 3 sets of curls and i try to increase the amount i do per set over time. I do squats with the dumbells and then I do some wrist and forearm exercises. Pretty much 3 sets of everything. I do some sit ups and push ups. I try to balance my core while walking with the weights for a bit on one side. I also do some shoulder exercises by lying on my back and raising the dumbells. Im pretty new to it but I've been doing this for 45 minutes every other day for the past 2 and a half months. Oh and I lift the weights behind my head to work my triceps.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    I'm currently using dumbells and doing different exercises with them. I usually stretch for about 7 minutes and then do 3 sets of curls and i try to increase the amount i do per set over time. I do squats with the dumbells and then I do some wrist and forearm exercises. Pretty much 3 sets of everything. I do some sit ups and push ups. I try to balance my core while walking with the weights for a bit on one side. I also do some shoulder exercises by lying on my back and raising the dumbells. Im pretty new to it but I've been doing this for 45 minutes every other day for the past 2 and a half months. Oh and I lift the weights behind my head to work my triceps.

It’s best to follow an established programme as you are a novice.

Please can someone link the thread on lifting programmes.
  • mickstar_2003
    mickstar_2003 Posts: 7 Member
    Well done mate on your progress. Get yourself a proper programme and work your whole body. Id advice doing a fullbody workout every other day, consisting of compound movements such as squat , chest press, pull up, shoulder press, rows etc and do a bit of arms at the end. To make better progress you need to prioritise these movements over curls and tricep extentions.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    I like the articles written by Mike Matthews at Legion Athletics.
    Warning: Legion Athletics is a supplement company. I have never purchased their supplements and do not advocate supplement use.
    Legion Athletics also has some great articles. If you don’t want to search for and read the various articles, then you could buy Mike’s book- bigger leaner stronger. I have the woman’s version. In a nutshell, it is all the articles organized into a book.

These are the first articles I suggest fir you:

https://legionathletics.com/skinny-fat/ - Why People Are Skinny Fat (and How to Fix It)

https://legionathletics.com/strength-training-plan/ — The 12 Best Science-Based Strength Training Programs for Gaining Muscle and Strength

On the legion athletics site select menu, then resources and then either tool, blog, guides.
    I’ve tried his app, but didn’t like it.

You will need to look at what and when you are eating to build muscle.

Good luck!