Favorite brand of running shoes?

Options
I have a pair of Nikes, New Balance and Asics running shoes. I find that I absolutely LOVE my Asics. So much more comfort and support on my feet. What is your favorite brand of running shoe?

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Saucony.
    I'd love some Brooks, but they are a bit pricey for me.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Asics DS Trainer 18! I have tried every brand and I am an Asics girl till the day I die!
  • bobbystrongarm
    Options
    I usually end up with a pair of Nikes, but I have no brand loyalty.

I have very high arches, of the off the shelf shoes they typically have high arch support. I always make sure to check the current offerings with my hand to feel for high arch support, then narrow it down from there by trying them on.

It's all about the fit and support. Brand loyalty is useless.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Nike, all the way. always.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I used to buy Asics and loved them but always had knee issues. I bought a pair of Rebook Zlig light and my knee issues went away.

Getting ready to try the latest Zig light and see how does work out.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried running in those toes shoes??
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ravenna's!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    asics :smile:
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Brooks Ravenna's!

:drinker: THIS. I love these shoes so much. I don't even need my usual SuperFeet insoles with them!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Road: Vibram Fivefingers
    Trail: New Balance Minimus
  • aspalmer3
    aspalmer3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    New Balance Minimus! :love:
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My last 2 pairs have been Mizuno and they were quite good. This time around I decided to buy 2 different shoes at once; one is Saucony and one is Newton. They're both great!

My boyfriend is in love with his new Brooks; he used to wear Saucony.

Both of us went to specialty running stores to have our gait analyzed and our feet measured; then we tried out and "test drove" a handful of options suited to our feet, gait, and running habits. This is absolutely the best way to select a new pair of shoes.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I do. I love them.
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    Brooks are worth the money! They are the only shoes that don't give me "runner's knee", and they literally saved me from $1700 worth of physical therapy. (If you're a moderate to severe overpronator, I recommend the Adrenaline series)

I LOVE Brooks, I love them so, so hard.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Merrell or New Balance with Altra coming in at a close third.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nikes, New Balance and Asics running shoes. I find that I absolutely LOVE my Asics. So much more comfort and support on my feet. What is your favorite brand of running shoe?

Vibram Five Fingers. :)
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    My last 2 pairs have been Mizuno and they were quite good. This time around I decided to buy 2 different shoes at once; one is Saucony and one is Newton. They're both great!

My boyfriend is in love with his new Brooks; he used to wear Saucony.

Both of us went to specialty running stores to have our gait analyzed and our feet measured; then we tried out and "test drove" a handful of options suited to our feet, gait, and running habits. This is absolutely the best way to select a new pair of shoes.

^^^ THIS!
    Go to a running store and get fitted. This is the best way to determine what shoe will work best for you.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Love Brooks. I am running in the Pure Cadence series ATM.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I'll be running a half marathon in them in 10 days. :)
  • xtrasmall
    Options
    hmm also reebok or nike i guess but my itb has made running impossible this year so ya