Favorite brand of running shoes?

Options

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I used to buy Asics and loved them but always had knee issues. I bought a pair of Rebook Zlig light and my knee issues went away.

Getting ready to try the latest Zig light and see how does work out.

Same here, love my Reebok ZigLites :) Great running shoe!
  • hintzam
    hintzam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Asics are my favorite running shoe, I am now alternating between two pair a Saucony pair and a Nike pair as my pair of Asics are now worn out.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    London Park,Nike & Adidas
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Brooks are worth the money! They are the only shoes that don't give me "runner's knee", and they literally saved me from $1700 worth of physical therapy. (If you're a moderate to severe overpronator, I recommend the Adrenaline series)

I LOVE Brooks, I love them so, so hard.

^^ I agree with this and I am a moderate overpronator. These shoes helped me heal up tendonitis in my shin. I have Brooks Trance 12. Love them.
  • Spikethered
    Options
    I used to wear Nikes but they only lasted 500 miles , so now it's Mizuno Nexus 7s :)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    New Balance - they fit my 2 main criteria:

- I can get them in a 4E Width
    - I can get them for under $50
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    I'm in my first pair of Brooks and I :heart: them!
  • swede160
    swede160 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have really wide feet, so I find that the Nike toe box is too narrow. I like Saucony or Asics 'cuz they don't crush my toes.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I used to buy Asics and loved them but always had knee issues. I bought a pair of Rebook Zlig light and my knee issues went away.

Glad I am not the only runner not using the other favorite brands :) I was shocked of how good they turned out to be. Do you have the latest pair?
  • littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Creation -- expensive, but so worth it!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

Glad I am not the only runner not using the other favorite brands :) I was shocked of how good they turned out to be. Do you have the latest pair?

I don't think they are the latest...ZigLite Electrify
  • Ajaxrunner
    Options
    my favourite brand is whatever brand I am running in at the moment. Usually have 3 or 4 different pairs going. Depends on terrain, length of run and whether it is a race or training.

Go to a dedicated running store and go through the process. It is all trial and error, no one company is "better" they just all fit a little better.

Scientific evidence now suggest that barefoot running (Or even minimalist shoes) offers no direct benefit and tends to injure a higher percentage of runners. If you do go that route, start very very slow and very very low mileage and very very slowly build from there. You will be placing significant stress on your achilleas tendent.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    K-SWISS TUBES are the BEST!!!:heart::heart:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Hoka, It's not even close.

Rigger
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Merrell Pace Glove. Looking forward to buying the Pace Glove 2 once I save up a bit!
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    Saucony! :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I own 3 pairs of Brooks, so I'd say them
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Asics Keano
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Nike, but they do come from my home town. :smile:
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Vibram Five Fingers (even though you have to work up to being comfortable running in them) otherwise I love Merrall Bare Access 2
    http://www.zappos.com/merrell-bare-access-2-sulphur-springs?zfcTest=fcl:0