Favorite brand of running shoes?

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Hands down Saucony for me.

I've tried a few other brands - absolutely detest Asics (which from what I understand is not uncommon for people who prefer Asics to hate Saucony and vice versa). My last pair were Mizunos. I liked them but still prefer Saucony.

As for the minimalist shoes, I would really love to use them but I just can't. I need a corrective shoe.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    New Balance 880 v3 , they are wide, well cushioned and so comfy. Best shoes ever.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've always loves my Sketchers, my feet are a bit wide and they seem to fit the best
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Saucony Virratta's. And for a truly minimal feel, Merrell vapors
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics Gel Cumulus
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I have really wide feet, so I find that the Nike toe box is too narrow. I like Saucony or Asics 'cuz they don't crush my toes.

Same reason I don't do Nike but love Saucony.
  • Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    Asics all the way xD. I got a pair of cheapy ones from a friend as a sort of "Oh I heard you're a runner, have a gift!" thing, and I liked them enough to seek out properly fitted ones in the correct size. I use the Kayano 19s in wide width and they are roomy and comfy and I love them!

I am totally willing to try out Brooks and Mizuno, but until I need a new pair of shoes and they no longer make the Kayanos the way I like them, I'll stick to these.
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Love my Newton's!!! Was a bit skeptical at first but after getting fitted at the running store that's what they recommended. Now I can't imagine running in anything else.
  • Kimbee1974
    Options
    Asics all the way! Gel kinetic or Gel Kayano! I've had nike and addias and they were no comparison!!
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The brand doesn't matter, the fit does. Go to a podiatrist and get your shoe fitted to match your gait.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Vibram FiveFingers :drinker:
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Love my Ascis Nimbus for long runs. Have a pair of Ascis NEO 33 that I use for short runs and hill work.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I thought I loved New Balance until 6 months ago when I realized the pair I was wearing hurt my feet as I have feet "issues." I found Saucony and love them! So comfortable to run in. I'm definitely hooked. I didn't know what comfortable shoes were until I found Saucony. I like Saucony because they are plenty wide and I order a wide on top of that to accomodate my bunions. I remember wearing my New Balance last January when I would walk for a few miles. Every step caused me to say "Ow." Now, I only experience pain after several miles and its light.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I ran in Asics for a long time, but the last time I went to get fitted I ended up with the Brooks Ghost. I REALLY like them, and plan on getting another pair when these wear out. I do have a pair of Asics trail shoes with only a few miles on them and will probably go back to them this winter (I prefer trail shoes for snow covered roads).
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE New Balance!!! I just bought a new pair of 890v3!!!
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I always try lots of shoes and end up with Asics.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ravenna's!

These!!! I LOVE my Ravenna 4s!
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of New Balance 890v2 and Saucony Kinvara 3. I love them both.
    I wouldn't say that all shoes of the same brand are created equal though. i donated a pair of New Balances because they just didn't feel right on my foot.
    I open to trying all shoes as long as they fit in my budget.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Love my vibram five fingers have four pairs...I also run completely barefoot when I can. (had the chance to at the beach on holiday recently, it was lush!)
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Brooks, Brooks, Brooks.

I have the Adrenaline GTS 13s and they are so so so awesome. I love them so much.