Coconut oil

Options
13»

Replies

• sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    did adding coconut oil to your natural bug repellent work? i just made one with witch hazel and a bunch of essential oils - hadn't seen anything with coconut oil. please let me know - heading to asia in a couple weeks and don't want to be eaten alive!

I make one with witch hazel to keep in a spray bottle, but I make a balm out of coconut oil and beeswax because you can pour it in a small container and have a waxy balm repellent to carry with you places.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I messaged you the recipe. It makes a solid waxey bug repellent rub-on, so you can take it places with you.
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use it and grapeseed oil for baking, frying, etc. I am finding I react to many foods and I started reacting to vegetable and canola oil. When I researched paleo, gluten free, etc. for my health concerns all the recipes called for coconut or grapeseed. I have not had any reactions to them and feel much better once I finish my meals,
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I feed it to my dog.

Me, too. It's also great for frying especially fish and shrimp! I love it. But olive oil is my staple.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump