Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coconut oil

13»

Replies

• sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    did adding coconut oil to your natural bug repellent work? i just made one with witch hazel and a bunch of essential oils - hadn't seen anything with coconut oil. please let me know - heading to asia in a couple weeks and don't want to be eaten alive!

I make one with witch hazel to keep in a spray bottle, but I make a balm out of coconut oil and beeswax because you can pour it in a small container and have a waxy balm repellent to carry with you places.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    I messaged you the recipe. It makes a solid waxey bug repellent rub-on, so you can take it places with you.
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    I use it and grapeseed oil for baking, frying, etc. I am finding I react to many foods and I started reacting to vegetable and canola oil. When I researched paleo, gluten free, etc. for my health concerns all the recipes called for coconut or grapeseed. I have not had any reactions to them and feel much better once I finish my meals,
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    I feed it to my dog.

Me, too. It's also great for frying especially fish and shrimp! I love it. But olive oil is my staple.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    bump