down 200 lbs in less than a year!

dishiznice
dishiznice Posts: 22 Member
so i started my journey july 5, 2019 - i was at 400lbs and could barely walk to the bathroom or up the stairs without being out of breath, now i'm running 30-40 miles per week! was happy to do it without weight loss surgery. i stayed off of bread, fried food, soda and alcohol, sweets, and pizza since that day with no cheating in between, not once. it could have been considered extreme, but i found other foods in fruits and vegetables that became my new normal. i logged everything i ate and i think MFP was a huge reason for helping propel be to my weight loss goal. my exercise was mainly walking for the first 8 months or so, and then i started to cycle in some elliptical training/weight lifting/and running. I'm about 6'2'', so i'd like to get down to about 190 and fluctuate there rather than around 200, but i know it doesn't matter as much at this point anymore with my activity level. all the sacrifices were worth it - i know that i'm never going back to who i was! i went from a waist size 52 to 36, and a 3xl shirt to L and could maybe even fit into a Medium! always remember that if you want it, it's out there for you...i weighed in at 196 this morning with about an average of 4lbs weight loss per week over the last 50-51 weeks and felt pretty good along the whole journey. god bless!
xoh591y60ovf.jpg
zl6r4d23nnd3.jpg

Replies

• bloominglilli
    bloominglilli Posts: 9 Member
    Congratulations! You are amazing! <3 You look vibrant, happy!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    That's a great record and a nice loss average. I'm happy for you!
  • liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    What a huge transformation! Congratulations on your dedication and hard work, it really paid off!
  • Ciara108
    Ciara108 Posts: 45 Member
    Wow, that's really amazing, well done!! :o
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Well done
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    AH-MA-ZING!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Very impressive and inspirational!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Fantastic: well done!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    OH MY GOODNESS! You are incredible! Congratulations!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Wow what an incredible transformation! Congratulations all your dedication paid off, good for you! Amazing!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Amazing! What an accomplishment. How many calories were you eating every day? How much protein, fats and carbs?
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    You’re so brave and strong because you cut off the bread and sweets, congratulations !
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    That’s incredible! Congratulations.
  • cleopold4
    cleopold4 Posts: 16 Member
    And now pushups :-)

Well done.

You have mastered the sprint. Remember what you have learned, and wish you a great life.
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Wow, that's quite the transformation. Good for you!!
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    What an inspiration you are. Success story for sure.
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    What an inspiration! Good Job!
  • janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    WOW !!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Just wonderful! Happy for you!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    An excellent adventure! Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!