Keto meal preppers, what are some of your favorite meals to prep?

Panys_mom
Panys_mom Posts: 96 Member
How much time do you guys put into your meal preps? I try to spend a hour once a week prepping for the week but usually end up with boring, albeit simple keto meals for me and meals for my family. My typical meals are loaded chicken salads, bacon and Brussels sprouts, or BLTs with deviled eggs. What are some things you make and about how long to you take to prep?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274397/what-does-your-low-carb-meals-look-like#latest

This is a food place. Its in the low carb group.

I do a combo of meal prep and cooking daily. When i cook pulled pork and Carnitas, I gene cook 3-4 lbs depending on the Boston Butt.
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    When I click the link it tells me I don't have permission to do that
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2020
    seamatt wrote: »
    When I click the link it tells me I don't have permission to do that

You have to join the low carb group. Once you join, than you can see the thread.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • LukesGreenMilk
    LukesGreenMilk Posts: 56 Member
    I'm not keto but this is my favorite keto recipe:
    Ingredients:
    2 lb chicken, diced
    1 lb chopped broccoli florets, frozen
    8 slices bacon crumbled
    8 oz colby-jack cheese shredded
    1 Cup heavy cream
    4 oz cream cheese softened
    4 oz low carb salsa verde
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    Salt/pepper to taste
    Instructions:
    -Cook bacon, crumble into smaller pieces. Pat grease off.
    -Combine with frozen broccoli, diced chicken, cheese, and seasonings into a large baking dish.
    -Microwave cream cheese until softened (1min) , then stir in the salsa verde and heavy cream.
    -Pour cream cheese mixture into the casserole dish, mix it all up.
    -Bake at 360F for 60 minutes or until browned/bubbly with chicken cooked through
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Panys_mom wrote: »
    How much time do you guys put into your meal preps? I try to spend a hour once a week prepping for the week but usually end up with boring, albeit simple keto meals for me and meals for my family. My typical meals are loaded chicken salads, bacon and Brussels sprouts, or BLTs with deviled eggs. What are some things you make and about how long to you take to prep?

I no longer feel the need for variety. After a few 24-48 fast my body stopped craving food. I made some keto fudge the other day. They are still sitting in the refrigerator. They taste great. Sweetned with swerve but I ate 1 out of 20 pieces so far.

I am OMAD, so I eat staples like eggs and sausage. Used to be bacon but too expensive right not. I did do a chaffle cheeseburger today, it took longer than eggs and sausage but it was ok.

I now that i only cook once I dont spend any time preping other than shopping.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    I meal prep on Sundays.... I cook a bunch of chicken with different seasons ... I made crockpot carnitas this week and I eat it with a salad and homemade keto dressing ....I do a keto pickle brine cod and fry it up ...

if you haven't use pinterest I suggest you do they have some awesome keto recipes like egg roll in a bowl