Anyone Else “Vet” Friend Requests?

I’ve had to decline a few friend requests and had to delete some friends who made me uncomfortable.

So now I search the user name of the potential friend to make sure they are active - even if only a little bit - on the forums, and what type of posts they make, type of photos, negativity, etc

Anyone else doing this?

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Yes!!
  • holly8312
    holly8312 Posts: 38 Member
    I didn't at first, but have started doing so recently. It would be nice if you could curate your feed a little more to avoid seeing similar posts many times over
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    No, if they get weird or don't say much I end up deleting them.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Have a list of fr.. some just random request.. I just leave it there. Have only handfull of friends .

If interact with them on forum.. I might add...
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    whoami67 wrote: »
    I just decline them all. I'm not even sure of the purpose of friends on a message board.

I like to see how others are doing - it helps keep me motivated, though I'm not sure why.

I don't vet, really. But I don't accept friend requests unless they are accompanied by a message (and I tend to delete inactive friends). I think I have less than 30 'friends' here, and most of them I've had for quite a while.
  • holly8312
    holly8312 Posts: 38 Member
    whoami67 wrote: »
    I just decline them all. I'm not even sure of the purpose of friends on a message board.

I like having a group of people to chat back and forth and compare notes with. I've actually found it more motivating than anything else so far!