Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Getting fit at 50 and beyond...200+ pound club

14647495152

Replies

  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    I you are doing such a great job, Patricia!
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    Happy Saturday friends!

    xib4a9tsurd2.jpeg

  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    Hard to believe it’s Friday already!
    Deciding between a 10 minute cat nap or vacuuming…

    Nap first then vacuum… then cut the grass… then vacuum the pool… then dog to groomers.

    Time for a quick shut eye…zzz…😴

    Jill
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 199 Member Member Posts: 199 Member
    Had family visit and a hectic few weeks so didn't get on the site but to top things off nicely I got a bout of this Covid lark just for some added fun and frolics.
    My weight was at 333lbs or so I believe, having gained back a substantial amount of what I had lost. Now I am not into "Diets" as such and I will definitely NOT recommend the "Covid 19 Diet" that I went on but I am happy to take any silver lining I can find.
    Weighed myself on Sunday and, due to a complete lack of appetite, my weight is currently 302.2 lbs. Only 4 lbs from my lowest point from a few months back.
    I was aiming to hit the "300 lbs" mark by New Year but the "Covid 19 Plan Diet" has given me a huge head start in the weightloss campaign.
    I was very, very poorly but silver linings and all that.
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Had family visit and a hectic few weeks so didn't get on the site but to top things off nicely I got a bout of this Covid lark just for some added fun and frolics.
    My weight was at 333lbs or so I believe, having gained back a substantial amount of what I had lost. Now I am not into "Diets" as such and I will definitely NOT recommend the "Covid 19 Diet" that I went on but I am happy to take any silver lining I can find.
    Weighed myself on Sunday and, due to a complete lack of appetite, my weight is currently 302.2 lbs. Only 4 lbs from my lowest point from a few months back.
    I was aiming to hit the "300 lbs" mark by New Year but the "Covid 19 Plan Diet" has given me a huge head start in the weightloss campaign.
    I was very, very poorly but silver linings and all that.

    Oh my goodness! I’m so glad that you’re recovering ❤️‍🩹. I had Covid last summer and it was not fun.

    Love your silver lining though. Take good care of yourself Tone. Glad to see you back here.

    Jill 👍
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 199 Member Member Posts: 199 Member
    aqua14lisa wrote: »
    Guess I'm going to be ousted from this group - broken through 200, now in Onderland! DH thinks the new size 14(!) jeans (down from size 20W) will only fit until the new year as he is hoping/encouraging another 15 of me will be gone for a total loss of 55 in one year.
    @cpnknight - that's an awful way to lose, glad you are recovering.

    Lisa, well done on breaking the 200 lbs mark. Excellent work! It's not a thing that I will ever do due to being 6'4" tall and being quite a broad build...I would be way too thin!
    I don't think anyone would want you ousted for success, that is not what we're about.
    Enjoy those 14 Jeans and look forward to the size 12s your other half will be buying you for Yuletide.
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    aqua14lisa wrote: »
    Guess I'm going to be ousted from this group - broken through 200, now in Onderland! DH thinks the new size 14(!) jeans (down from size 20W) will only fit until the new year as he is hoping/encouraging another 15 of me will be gone for a total loss of 55 in one year.
    @cpnknight - that's an awful way to lose, glad you are recovering.

    I agree with Tone! You will never be ousted… you will be our inspiration. I graduated from high school wearing a size 10…I’d love to be a size 12 again… currently in curvy 16’s. Enjoy your 14’s❤️
  • CovidPoundsCovidPounds Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    Hello all! I'm definitely a 'serial starter', but I'm hoping that connecting with similarly motivated folks here will keep me a bit more focused! I tend to stop tracking after a few days, just falling out of the habit. But.... when I do, it works! I turned 50 this year, and it's definitely harder now than it used to be! I'm 211 now, my goal is 150, so I have a lot of work to do!
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    Hello all! I'm definitely a 'serial starter', but I'm hoping that connecting with similarly motivated folks here will keep me a bit more focused! I tend to stop tracking after a few days, just falling out of the habit. But.... when I do, it works! I turned 50 this year, and it's definitely harder now than it used to be! I'm 211 now, my goal is 150, so I have a lot of work to do!

    Welcome! You’re in the right place with the right people. Post as often as you’d like.

    Jill😁
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
  • azalea4175azalea4175 Member, Premium Posts: 288 Member Member, Premium Posts: 288 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Had family visit and a hectic few weeks so didn't get on the site but to top things off nicely I got a bout of this Covid lark just for some added fun and frolics.
    My weight was at 333lbs or so I believe, having gained back a substantial amount of what I had lost. Now I am not into "Diets" as such and I will definitely NOT recommend the "Covid 19 Diet" that I went on but I am happy to take any silver lining I can find.
    Weighed myself on Sunday and, due to a complete lack of appetite, my weight is currently 302.2 lbs. Only 4 lbs from my lowest point from a few months back.
    I was aiming to hit the "300 lbs" mark by New Year but the "Covid 19 Plan Diet" has given me a huge head start in the weightloss campaign.
    I was very, very poorly but silver linings and all that.

    Glad you are recovering, sending healing vibes to continue on your mending trend. And good job looking at the silver lining. take care of yourself.
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    Happy Friday!
    xl9a8m4ffeik.jpeg
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    Happy Saturday!
    Today I weighed in at 213.4… feeling good and getting back on track.
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 199 Member Member Posts: 199 Member
    According to my estimates I have 700+ calories left to play with.....
    I can feel an ale or two coming my way tonight....
    edited September 11
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    According to my estimates I have 700+ calories left to play with.....
    I can feel an ale or two coming my way tonight....

    Cheers!
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 199 Member Member Posts: 199 Member
    It appears that I have put on 2.4 lbs....
    Well that equates to about 8500 extra calories which I am pretty darn sure have not been consumed!
    I think a lot of that gain is probably water retention...at least I hope so!
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    It appears that I have put on 2.4 lbs....
    Well that equates to about 8500 extra calories which I am pretty darn sure have not been consumed!
    I think a lot of that gain is probably water retention...at least I hope so!

    The scaley beast can be a fickle friend… or is it fiend? 🐉
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,686 Member Member Posts: 1,686 Member
    Got my 14,000 steps in today. So on target this week.
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,408 Member Member Posts: 2,408 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Got my 14,000 steps in today. So on target this week.
    Nice job!
Sign In or Register to comment.