Why do girls like jerks? Why do they put up with them?

Options

Replies

• Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I don't like jerks and I do not put up with jerks - never have. A-holes are the biggest turn-offs to me. I like a confident guy who stands up for himself and knows how to treat himself and others with respect. I always feel sorry for girls who pick jerk guys, the same way I feel sorry for guys who pick jerk girls. It's really sad, actually.

^She said it well. No jerks, jerk faces are mean! Throw rocks at them! >:)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    why do men like b****s
    Cause they can bang without hangups or insecurity and can just let go where it counts.:wink::drinker:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's rebellion, but I think a lot of the time it's because they've never felt worthy of anything better or don't believe anything better is out there (the 'all men are the same' thought process). I work with women on preparing for or strengthening their marriage and hear both of these things all the time. I know women who have met nice, good men and have sabotaged the relationship because they're just trying to get past what they think is a facade and uncover the 'real' guy underneath that will eventually treat them like crap. It takes a truly patient and loving man to get a woman past that kind of thinking.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't like jerks and I do not put up with jerks - never have. A-holes are the biggest turn-offs to me. I like a confident guy who stands up for himself and knows how to treat himself and others with respect. I always feel sorry for girls who pick jerk guys, the same way I feel sorry for guys who pick jerk girls. It's really sad, actually.

Well said!!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    The better question is, why do guys go after the girls who want jerks when they know they themselves are not a jerk?

I mean...girls who go after this kind of guy are in it for 1.) the drama (which often ensues) and 2.) the danger.

If you have neither of those to offer, don't waste your time-go after a girl who wants the nice guy that will be there for her.

I have many friends who go after the jerks. I don't understand them and I'm not one of them. I bagged a nice guy and I'm holding onto him.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    The better question is, why do guys go after the girls who want jerks when they know they themselves are not a jerk?

I mean...girls who go after this kind of guy are in it for 1.) the drama (which often ensues) and 2.) the danger.

If you have neither of those to offer, don't waste your time-go after a girl who wants the nice guy that will be there for her.

I have many friends who go after the jerks. I don't understand them and I'm not one of them. I bagged a nice guy and I'm holding onto him.

Hahaha! Really? You forgot sex. (which is before drama and danger) You are a 10/10 but now would not bang :(
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think many confuse being a jerk as being sincere and confused being nice/polite as being untrustworthy. :sick:
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

I wish it was that easy but it is just not that simple. Many will try to date a nice guy and say they dont like jerks but later you find out that is not true and they are just trying to get away from that type. Many do eventually stop dating them but it is not easy for anyone.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Exactly my thoughts. I've learnt that often the girls that are inscure or can't/don't want to speak for themselves are into "bad" boys.
    Real men know how to treat a woman. There's no way I would settle with someone who doesn't respect me or treated me badly.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Honest truth? Guys who are labeled "jerks" are usually good looking, exciting, dangerous and good in bed.

This. And there's something empowering about taming a bad boy. The former bad boys, who finally fall in love, are the best!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    why do men like b****s
    Geez I'm really not sure.

You seem like a real peach.
    Men just adore women who call other women B*tches!
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Question is, why do guys only go after the tiny, blonde headed girls? Why do guys go for the girls that don't respect themselves?

What's wrong with me? I definitely don't like jerks but then again I don't even get looked at. When is the last time I was asked out on a date? About 7 years........ I am not skinny, but definitely not fat. I am not blonde by any means and I respect myself.

Answer me that!!!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I like to think of Tristan, from Legends of the Fall. We :heart: those bad boyz! :glasses:

Because I'm a jerk, too. Actually, I'm probably a bigger jerk than my man. He puts up with me! Plus, it's a front. He has to appear to be macho, but he'll do ANYTHING for me.

He once threw a dog at me at a party. Obviously he liked me. Didn't hook up that time.

When he got out of jail looking all diesel... well, I just had to get with him, ya know.

Now he's my husband.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    So we have slut shaming, and women calling other womem B*tches.... nice.

Bitter, party of a few?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

Hahaha! Really? You forgot sex. (which is before drama and danger) You are a 10/10 but now would not bang :(

A little confused about what you're trying to say...

Only bad boys know how to have sex? Only bad boys know how to have good sex?

Are you saying guys go after girls that want bad boys even though they themselves are not bad boys because they want sex?

So confused. Plus in my personal (and perhaps old-fashioned opinion) sex is better with someone that respects you. I understand what you are saying...but...this is how I feel.
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This door totally swings both ways. there is a girl in my office, who is the most snotty, conceited, self absorbed, *****y human being I've ever met. Her ex boyfriend sent her flowers yesterday, and her response? "I don't like these flowers. Ew these are so ugly." But yet EVERY guy in our office is obsessed with her.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    Question is, why do guys only go after the tiny, blonde headed girls? Why do guys go for the girls that don't respect themselves?

What's wrong with me? I definitely don't like jerks but then again I don't even get looked at. When is the last time I was asked out on a date? About 7 years........ I am not skinny, but definitely not fat. I am not blonde by any means and I respect myself.

Answer me that!!!!

Try dressing more feminine and smiling for no reason. I don't think, they think you're "available". Just another girls opinion based on your pics.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    This door totally swings both ways. there is a girl in my office, who is the most snotty, conceited, self absorbed, *****y human being I've ever met. Her ex boyfriend sent her flowers yesterday, and her response? "I don't like these flowers. Ew these are so ugly." But yet EVERY guy in our office is obsessed with her.

because she's unattainable. lol
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    why do men like b****s

:laugh: :drinker:
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I don't think girls like jerks, I think they like a guy who is confident and not a push over. The biggest problem is the guys who get friend zoned only hear the bad about the bfs after a fight or something like that so they assume the girl they want is dating a jerk because all they hear is the bad. Plus sometimes the so called nice guy is just as big of a jerk but just behind closed doors