Why men never get compliments?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I think maybe women do not want a compliment they give to a man to be interpreted as a sexual advance. That's most likely why.

When women compliment other women, its usually just something you say to give off the "friendly" signal that you most likely do not mean. Its really weird but true. I'm not sure how else to explain it but its just something we do....So the fact that women get more compliments is pretty meaningless.

^^^This.

WHAT?! People give compliments they don't mean?

If I say I think you look nice, it is because I think you look nice.
    My compliments are meaningful.

And to help clear up the difference between compliments and sexual advances....
    If I say "nice pants", that's a compliment.
    If I put my hand in your pants, that's a sexual advance.
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The whiteknights! That made me laugh! Some people don't feel comfortable giving compliments in the same way that some people don't know how to receive them. I compliment people on their progress and appearance all the time.If you look good and making an honest effort towards living healthy, I'm going to let you know that I notice and you deserve recognition! :)
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Hi

I noticed that women get a lot more compliments than men. Why is this?

Hey man, nice shot.
    2q1vxqv.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I think maybe women do not want a compliment they give to a man to be interpreted as a sexual advance. That's most likely why.

When women compliment other women, its usually just something you say to give off the "friendly" signal that you most likely do not mean. Its really weird but true. I'm not sure how else to explain it but its just something we do....So the fact that women get more compliments is pretty meaningless.

^^^This.

Sometimes.. I give a compliment because I actually MEAN what I'm saying.
    And really, I don't need one back. It's not a boomerang I'm trying to throw out.
    Really, it's ok if you just say thank you!
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options

^^^This.

Thanks for clearing that up Jones. :wink:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Hi

I noticed that women get a lot more compliments than men. Why is this?
    White Knights gonna white knight