Women 200lb+, Let's Be Extra Awesome This August!!!

Options

Replies

• chupacabragumbo
    chupacabragumbo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, hope your weekend is going well. I know I'm pretty ready for August to be over- this heat and humidity is killing me. Seems like I can't go outside for more than 5 minutes without melting into a puddle of sweat. Not that September is much better down here, but I'll be traveling up north for the majority of the month, which means I'll get some of that cooler fall weather! Can't wait.

Start weight 4/23 - 252 lbs
    5/28 - 236 lbs (down 16)
    6/25 - 227.9 lbs (down 8)
    7/31 - 220.8 (down 7.1)
    8/6 - 218.2 (-2.6 from last week)
    8/16 - 215.5 (-2.7)
    Total amount lost - 36.5
    End of August goal weight - 212 lbs
    End of 2020 goal weight - 190 lbs
    ultimate goal weight - 160ish

Non-scale August goals:
    ~I've decided I want to go pescatarian for the rest of the month, and it's been working really well so far. I ate meat 3 days out of the first 5 days in the month, decided to go fishy, and haven't had a meat-eating day since! I am eating a whole bunch of salmon though. Not mad about it- I made some baked salmon the other day that was in-freaking-credible. I honestly think I'll keep this up for a while, as long as I can still get in enough protein.
    ~still working on increasing my running distance. Longest run so far has been 4.5 miles, with an average pace of 12.5 minutes per mile. I've done a couple 4+ mile runs so far, but haven't broken that 5 mile barrier yet.
    ~I've only eaten out once this month- I did eat fast food twice, although in fairness I didn't buy it, it was ordered in at work for someone's birthday. kinda cheating, I know.
    ~Finished 6 books, so far! Hope to finish a couple more before the month ends.

So, some more goals for the rest of the month.
    - no more meat. fish/seafood/dairy are all ok.
    - 2 servings of veggies a day
    - run or bike 5x a week
    - eat at least 75g of protein a day
    - keep up with everything else!

<3
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Today's the day I set up for the week; printing out a menu, making sure the ingredients for said menu are in the kitchen not the pantry, and doing laundry so the clothes are all clean for the week ahead.

Here's what we're eating next week:

The next quichecake is combination pizza flavor! Sausage, onion, green pepper, diced tomato, Italian seasoning, and mozzarella cheese. It smelled REALLY good when I took it out of the oven, so I have high hopes for it. One piece is 406 calories but we have found that it keeps you full for five hours, which is a plus. I can't eat much food in the morning so I tend to just have a toasted English muffin and hot tea. (That's left over from pregnancy.)

Monday: Lunch is chicken and jalapeno quesadillas.
    Dinner is beef marsala, with orichette pasta and pan-seared zucchini.
    Tuesday Lunch is hamburgers with chips.
    Dinner is pepper steak with rice.
    Wednesday: Lunch is black bean stew with a corn muffin.
    Dinner is crab cakes, wild rice pilaf, and asparagus.
    Thursday: Lunch is pulled pork in buns or wraps, with chips.
    Dinner is spaghetti with meatballs and red sauce, with garlic toast.
    Friday is our leftover cleanup day for lunch, and if we don't have any there are chicken fingers with dipping sauce.
    Dinner is beef burritoes, rice and beans.
    Saturday lunch is Hot Italian Beef sandwiches.
    Dinner is curried lamb meatballs with cashews, mushrooms, and spinach in korma sauce, over rice.
    Sunday lunch is burritoes al pastor with toppings as desired.
    Dinner is eggs and turkey sausages with fried potatoes and toast with jam.

As always, if you want a recipe or are curious on the calorie count, message me.
  • grandrory
    grandrory Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Here's my Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 202
    CW: 198.2
    Yea I've met my first mini goal of getting out of the 200's! Next mini goal is to be under 195.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Age 51
    Highest weight 105.5kg (aug 2018)
    Lowest weight 94.7kg (Mar 2020)
    Goal: 97.9kg
    Starting Weight: 98.9kg

6 july: 98.9kg
    13 July: 98.9kg
    20 july: 100.2kg
    27 July: 100.2kg
    3 Aug: 99.7kg
    10 Aug: 98.1kg
    17 Aug:100.0kg
    24 Aug:
    31 Aug:
    goals
    πŸ’› To plan my meals in advance for the week wk 1 - yes, wk 2 - yes
    πŸ’› To keep snacks under 25% of cals wk 1 - 22%, wk 2 - 24%
    πŸ’› To keep average for the week under 2000 cals gross wk 1 - 2066, wk 2 - 2145
    methods
    🌻 16:8 - intermittent fasting wk 1 - yes, wk 2 no,
    🌻 mediterranean eating wk 1 - a bit more, wk 2 not really
    🌻 using non food ways to manage my emotions wk 1 - a bit more, wk 2 not really

Disappointing gain this week after a nice loss last week! Need to try harder.
  • mphollins
    mphollins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did anyone experience that taller people lose weight faster than people under 5ft 5inches? I am 5'2'' and I've always had very slow weight loss and it usually requires either IF or less than 1,000 calories per day to see changes on the scale.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @mphollins- taller people do burn more calories just being alive. So, in a sense, yes, they get more calories in their budget which might make it "easier" in some sense to lose weight, if having more calories in your daily allotment makes adherence easier. But a calorie deficit is a calorie deficit, short or tall.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! I have fallen off a bit on logging in this month. Life has been a challenge. I was losing well and then had an injury that I thought was a pulled muscle but it looks like it could be a hamstring tear or a hip injury. I will find out tomorrow. One of my kids has been suffering with debilitating depression. This has brought me down as well, as I am struggling to help her.

I am still trying to move as best I can -- on good days a lot and on not so good days as much as I feel I can, while making good food decisions. I gained a few pounds but am back on track as of today and am not going to let this setback define my goals. I will find a way through it.

SW: 265
    CW: 244.6
    First GW: 225
    GW: 199

Immediate plans: Drinking water, water, water. Visualizing my goals. Setting aside time for me to accomplish small things that make me happy. Knowing that I am worth it. Believing that this is the best time of my life and that the universe has my back. Knowing that there is only so much that I can do for others and that it has to be enough, while helping them to help themselves. <3

Welcome back! Sending the best to you and your daughter during what I'm sure is a tremendously difficult time. I love your immediate plans <3
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @micwrites Sending love your way, someone told me once in life you are either entering a storm, in the middle of a storm or leaving a storm. This year seems to have highlighted that analogy more than ever. As a mother it must be so hard to see your daughter battle with depression, I'm glad you are back with us x
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @orangequilt Goodluck with your week ahead!
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @grandrory Awesome you are under 200! Love setting mini-goals, they are so achievable!
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @pamiede Thanks for the workout, will try it later x
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @chupacabragumbo Great loss for the week! I think your body breaks down fish quicker, I ate fish on Saturday and Sunday and had a much better loss today! Sadly fish is really expensive here, crazy because I live on the coast.