Women 200lb+, Let's Be Extra Awesome This August!!!

Replies

• orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,155 Member
    @micwrites sending good vibes to you and your daughter, hope things look up soon xx
  • orangequilt
    @changeforeverlj nice whoosh!!
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    CW: 210.9 (7/27)
    August GW: 199 (I know that's ambitious, and I won't be too sad if I miss it. But too hard to resist reaching ONEderland when it's so close!)

8/3: 207.7 (-3.2)
    8/10: 205.9 (-1.8)
    8/17: 205.2 (-0.7)
    8/24:
    8/31:

Boo...but a loss is a loss! I finally got my Peloton bike this weekend so I have been using that, and I am definitely sore. Ouch...I'm so out of shape lol. I also had too much sodium yesterday and not enough water, so I'm sure my body is hanging on to some water. Gonna try to up the water, but also not gonna freak out that I didn't lose as much as I'd like. I'm gonna try to focus on just getting on the bike this week, and make some gains there.

I'm also trying to make sure I don't beat myself up that I won't get at least 14k steps anymore. I'm riding in the morning instead of walking, so without that morning walk there's just no way I'll be able to reach that consistently anymore. I'm gonna try to aim for 10k on the steps, because I sit down at work most of the day that will still force me to make a conscious effort to get up and move during the day.

Sounds like you will be getting some great exercise either way and yes to not beating yourself up. Be kind to your wonderful body for carrying you around so well all these years. You are doing a great job! And you are so close to a great goal! 👍
  • micwrites
    @micwrites sending good vibes to you and your daughter, hope things look up soon xx

Thank you, @orangequilt ... I appreciate that so much. I am determined to turn things around. 🤸‍♀️🙏
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Thanks! @micwrites
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @micwrites Sounds and looks idyllic <3 Great pledge, enjoy the rest of your break, and goodluck with your hamstring!
  • We got the screen doors to the sun room back and I put in all but one (there's a bush grown up there that needs vicious trimming back...well, actually we don't want to keep it...) and then we loaded the truck up with stuff and went to the landfill. I am tired and sore from lifting things. I ate extra breakfast because I knew I'd work it off, and yeah, I was not ready to chew my arm off at lunch but that's about it; I was still pretty hungry anyway. As it is now it's three and I'm seriously considering a snack. I prefer not to, but I also don't like to come to dinner ravenous or I tend to eat too much. We'll see.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    micwrites wrote: »
    I was so grateful to receive news that I can heal my hamstring without surgery yesterday that I grabbed my daughter and went to walk beautiful Long Beach in Plymouth, MA. We both pledged to put ourselves first, take care of our bodies, minds, spirits and souls and do the things we love to do that we put aside for other people, or when life got too complicated. We walked more than two miles and the sea air was the best medicine possible. Now we just have to find a way to keep it up. Today we hope to pack up extra large water bottles for a walk along the Cape Cod Canal if the weather (and my leg) holds out. I’m back to work on Thursday so I’m making the most of my staycation now.

3it1ot3j16le.png

OMG! I'm from Plymouth!! Grew up on Bayshore Drive. Went to Sacred Heart. Worked at Cumberland Farms. Spent lots of time at Star Market (Stah Mahket). Used to hang out at Bert's on the beach. I miss it!!

P.S. That water looks as cold as ever. I still can't believe my mom made me take swimming lessons in the Atlantic in June at **7:30 in the damn morning** when I was a little kid. I get a headache just thinking about it. :)
  • orangequilt
    Wow, you live in a beautiful place @micwrites ! Sounds like a meaningful and productive walk with your daughter. May the sun shine on you both!
  • micwrites
    micwrites wrote: »
    I was so grateful to receive news that I can heal my hamstring without surgery yesterday that I grabbed my daughter and went to walk beautiful Long Beach in Plymouth, MA. We both pledged to put ourselves first, take care of our bodies, minds, spirits and souls and do the things we love to do that we put aside for other people, or when life got too complicated. We walked more than two miles and the sea air was the best medicine possible. Now we just have to find a way to keep it up. Today we hope to pack up extra large water bottles for a walk along the Cape Cod Canal if the weather (and my leg) holds out. I’m back to work on Thursday so I’m making the most of my staycation now.

3it1ot3j16le.png

OMG! I'm from Plymouth!! Grew up on Bayshore Drive. Went to Sacred Heart. Worked at Cumberland Farms. Spent lots of time at Star Market (Stah Mahket). Used to hang out at Bert's on the beach. I miss it!!

P.S. That water looks as cold as ever. I still can't believe my mom made me take swimming lessons in the Atlantic in June at **7:30 in the damn morning** when I was a little kid. I get a headache just thinking about it. :)

You are kidding!! We live in Middleborough and go to Plymouth all the time. The water was freezing and the waves were huge and throwing rocks at our feet.
  • micwrites
    Wow, you live in a beautiful place @micwrites ! Sounds like a meaningful and productive walk with your daughter. May the sun shine on you both!

Thank you @orangequilt .. it is beautiful. We are really turning things around. 💜
  • micwrites
    @micwrites Sounds and looks idyllic <3 Great pledge, enjoy the rest of your break, and goodluck with your hamstring!

Thank you @changeforeverlj ... I appreciate that!!!!