Being in Iceland helps a lot. My problem is usually staying warm
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Hot temps maintenance protocols for me in Southern California:
    • When indoors: Air condition is set at 55 degrees Fahrenheit/12.8 degrees Celsius because our temps can easily be in the 80s by mid-morning and around sunset, depending on location.
    • When outdoors at the height of the sun: Sun protection ensembles and accessories are my preference.
    • At all times: Staying well-hydrated is paramount.

55??? Really? I'm in a hot area and if I set it below 70 I'm wearing sweats indoors its so chilly...and it could be 99 outside.

Just curious maybe I just run cold

68 - 70 F (around 20 C) is a good setting. A setting of 55 F will not work. It's unlikely the unit can do it, and you'll just waste electricity.

Likely doesn't work for your unit. Are you still in the Caribbean to care about electricity usage? Recooling system plus insulation is ALWAYS questionable technology in the islands, no matter the bed of water ( Caribbean or Pacific). Thank G-d for American upgrades.

I'm in America and my bill would be ridiculously high if I set thermostat at 55 degrees ... if i kept it at 70 itd be around $200. But I guess if you're willing to pay🤷‍♀️

Aww I'm so sorry that you're having to closely watch your use of electricity. Am cutting in on behalf of my sister since she's been crazy-busy since 9 ish our am. In our parts of Southern California, most of our new builds have installed alternative green power technology, so it is common to be owed money by the power company. The water companies however, be they private or public are price-gougers. Friends who haven't turned to green technology do have high electricity bills for heating their pools and hot spas. They can pay from anything around $600 to $1000 plus monthly.

👍👍👍
  • Thearchybunker78
    Thearchybunker78 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Im too cool for this heat to even touch me.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I am walking around barefoot in winter. Generally does the trick