fit is the new skinny

Options
About 5-6 years ago, I was dangerously skinny - anorexic. I am 5'5" and was under 100 pounds.

It took me a few years to gain the weight in a healthy manner. At that point, I was "skinny fat". It's not terrible, but I wanted more for myself.

These days, I can tell when something a trigger will hit and put a stop to it, whereas before I had no idea. Education is key. Learn how to spot and stop triggers before they get out of control and you spiral back into the place you worked so hard to come out of.

I will never go back to the old days and my old ways. I'm a 35 year old mom of 2 who aspires to inspire others. Fit is the new skinny.

qoolPP1.jpg

Eat. Move. Lift. :heart: Bry

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You are awesomely amazing!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Can't see your picture. Which is good, because just being in your post-presence is enough. You are awesomely amazing.

lol, you are too kind. Thank you. I fixed the link. :)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post! You are such an inspiration to me and SO many others, Bry!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
    Options
    LOVE this post! You are such an inspiration to me and SO many others, Bry!! :heart: :flowerforyou:

thanks love!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Your hard work shows. Amazing!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Bry Bry! Yeah 95 lbs was anorexic on you. But you look amazing now!
    Options
    Your hard work shows. Amazing!

thank you!
    Options
    Awesome job Bry Bry! Yeah 95 lbs was anorexic on you. But you look amazing now!

Yea. I can admit that. It wasn't a cute look and while I got mad at my ex for saying I resembled Skeletor, he was right. I am much happier and healthier in my skin these days. Thank you for your kind words!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You look great. :)
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm currently at the point where you were in pic 2. I look skinny, but my BF% is so high (26%). What did you do to get to that point?
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Another saying is fit is the new sexy and muscles are the new skinny
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think you are beautiful in all three pictures, but your now' the fit girl' is the winner and you look fabulous!
    Options
    That's amazing. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm currently at the point where you were in pic 2. I look skinny, but my BF% is so high (26%). What did you do to get to that point?

Thank you! I prepped to compete, so I greatly cleaned up my diet and went from 25% shown to about 18% give or take for my competition 4 months later. (Below). My diet was pretty strict for the last 6 weeks before my competition and I did some cardio and lifted weights.

ahkGKrw.jpg
    Options
    I think you are beautiful in all three pictures, but your now' the fit girl' is the winner and you look fabulous!

thank you!
    Options
    You look great. :)

thank you! For the record, my profile pic was taken last night.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    inspiration. Motivation
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - very inspirational! :)
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Just incredible.
    Options
    thanks y'all!