fit is the new skinny

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Awesome transition! Your habits are definitely set now, and will last you long-term.

But it's not just women. I had a similar thing happen. I was undereating and not working out enough. Lost a lot of strength and body mass. No I'm in the process of reversing it.

It's great to see others who have done similar.

you are definitely right. Its not just women. Glad you made the change, too!

Just curious, did you bulk and cut from 2011 to 2013, or was it more a body recomp thing?

I did a bulk and cut in 2011 and again in 2012 - both for competitions. I have not since last September. I am in maintenance mode now and may do another for a photo shoot I am wanting to do at the end of the year. I am undecided at this point.

So, what would you recommend for a woman starting out where you were initially in 2008? Do you feel getting up to 120 lbs or so prior to initiation of bulking/cutting helped make it easier (versus if you had attempted a bulk from the 95 lb point instead)?

Thanks!

I don't know. I was already up to 120 when I started my bulk/cut and got up to 130 and back down to 125 for my first competition. I think someone could do a bulk/cut at a lower weight, so long as they are careful not to cut too much back down. That was where I had to watch it, personally. I didn't want to fall back below 120.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations on not only beating anorexia but becoming an amazingly healthy person :)
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations on not only beating anorexia but becoming an amazingly healthy person :)

thanks cutie!!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You probably don't need me to tell you (but I'm going to tell you anyways):

You look awesome! You've done a great job putting your health first and getting where you needed to be.
    Options
    You probably don't need me to tell you (but I'm going to tell you anyways):

You look awesome! You've done a great job putting your health first and getting where you needed to be.

:bigsmile: thank you!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You inspire me <3
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    So, what would you recommend for a woman starting out where you were initially in 2008? Do you feel getting up to 120 lbs or so prior to initiation of bulking/cutting helped make it easier (versus if you had attempted a bulk from the 95 lb point instead)?

Thanks!

I don't know. I was already up to 120 when I started my bulk/cut and got up to 130 and back down to 125 for my first competition. I think someone could do a bulk/cut at a lower weight, so long as they are careful not to cut too much back down. That was where I had to watch it, personally. I didn't want to fall back below 120.

Sounds reasonable. Was just wondering so I can advise others who are in a similar situation on this forum. Maybe I'll just refer them to you!

Seeing that the title of this thread involves fitness, I was also hoping you'd discuss your progress with strength gains, etc.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing and beautiful.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job. And I know you are one of the people here that truly inspire me to be fit. :flowerforyou:
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: For being you ~ an inspiration ~ Mahalo nui loa Bry.

I could not possibly continue with my logging, without entering into this thread, with the hopes that via catching my activity here on the Feed, your sharing will positively motivate girls who will relate to your beginning.
    About 5-6 years ago, I was dangerously skinny - anorexic. I am 5'5" and was under 100 pounds.

It took me a few years to gain the weight in a healthy manner. At that point, I was "skinny fat". It's not terrible, but I wanted more for myself.

These days, I can tell when something a trigger will hit and put a stop to it, whereas before I had no idea. Education is key. Learn how to spot and stop triggers before they get out of control and you spiral back into the place you worked so hard to come out of.

I will never go back to the old days and my old ways. I'm a 35 year old mom of 2 who aspires to inspire others. Fit is the new skinny.

qoolPP1.jpg

Eat. Move. Lift. :heart: Bry
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You look incredible. Definitely the inspiration and boost I needed after a few weeks/months of letting it all fall by the way side. Just beautiful! :)
    Options

Thanks!

Sounds reasonable. Was just wondering so I can advise others who are in a similar situation on this forum. Maybe I'll just refer them to you!

Seeing that the title of this thread involves fitness, I was also hoping you'd discuss your progress with strength gains, etc.

I was a student of trial and error, myself, but am glad to answer any questions I can, when asked.
    Options
    You inspire me <3

that means so much more than you could know - thank you!
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job. And I know you are one of the people here that truly inspire me to be fit. :flowerforyou:

very kind of you - thank you!!
    Options
    :flowerforyou: For being you ~ an inspiration ~ Mahalo nui loa Bry.

I could not possibly continue with my logging, without entering into this thread, with the hopes that via catching my activity here on the Feed, your sharing will positively motivate girls who will relate to your beginning.
    About 5-6 years ago, I was dangerously skinny - anorexic. I am 5'5" and was under 100 pounds.

It took me a few years to gain the weight in a healthy manner. At that point, I was "skinny fat". It's not terrible, but I wanted more for myself.

These days, I can tell when something a trigger will hit and put a stop to it, whereas before I had no idea. Education is key. Learn how to spot and stop triggers before they get out of control and you spiral back into the place you worked so hard to come out of.

I will never go back to the old days and my old ways. I'm a 35 year old mom of 2 who aspires to inspire others. Fit is the new skinny.

qoolPP1.jpg

Eat. Move. Lift. :heart: Bry

thank you for that. :bigsmile:
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    A link to this thread should become the standard response to all of the ED girls posting about why they can't lose weight, and completely ignore the written response they receive. Well done OP, you figured it out!!!
    Options
    A link to this thread should become the standard response to all of the ED girls posting about why they can't lose weight, and completely ignore the written response they receive. Well done OP, you figured it out!!!

thank you!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I always like reading your posts and comments. You have a great way of sharing your knowledge and experience . I hope other women and men struggling with their body images read and take on what you say. We are all differen't, I have different end goals , and a different body/lifestyle to you, but that doesn't mean I can't look at you and think ' this chick is out there, working hard and being healthy' . :drinker:
    Options
    I always like reading your posts and comments. You have a great way of sharing your knowledge and experience . I hope other women and men struggling with their body images read and take on what you say. We are all differen't, I have different end goals , and a different body/lifestyle to you, but that doesn't mean I can't look at you and think ' this chick is out there, working hard and being healthy' . :drinker:

That was very kind of you - thank you! I'm actually really happy where I'm at right now (profile picture was taken last night), but will gain some more weight (2-7 more pounds) and drop some body fat for my next photo shoot. When I'm not doing a shoot, I will come back to this current place, because I'm a firm believer in moderation on occasion and not restricting too much for too long.
  • Arnpobgyn
    Options
    Unless the tattoo moved, the 3rd girl is a different one.