Ladies, what is the worst compliment you have ever received?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    You're a nice guy, you're just.... Weird 🤔....

I'm like, thanks.... There's worse things you could be
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    “youre intimidating”

I'm trying to get on this level

i just feel misunderstood as hell when people say that tbh
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I thought you were a *kitten* but you're really nice
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I'll let the guys defend their gender but the "intimidating" and "unapproachable" remarks is most often doled out to women who are competant in their career and leisure pursuits, reserved/introspective, contented in their own company and who are also afflicted with RBF 🙄

So unless you're an extrovert, consider taking all the above and being "intimidating" as an actual compliment....just with poor word selection 😉
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    ive given out a lot of awful compliments in the past i think. but i always say "that's a compliment im complimenting you" right after so its all okay in the end
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I'll let the guys defend their gender but the "intimidating" and "unapproachable" remarks is most often doled out to women who are competant in their career and leisure pursuits, reserved/introspective, contented in their own company and who are also afflicted with RBF 🙄

So unless you're an extrovert, consider taking all the above and being "intimidating" as an actual compliment....just with poor word selection 😉

"You're intimidating," he says. She thumbs the hammer back; for a moment, that click is the loudest sound in the room.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

You forgot 🔥 af... 😏
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

actually i hear that from women
  • MaltedTea
    Options

actually i hear that from women

...even more laudable 😍 lol
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    There was a horrific show on a few years ago i think it was called the pick up artist. It was a show geared to show men how to pick up women. One technique was to give backhanded compliments to a woman to get her to engage and let her know you are interested but not gonna get all swoony.

I remember one of them was, your hair looks really good greasy......it was a god awful show lol

Ah yes, a show built around psychologically abusing and gaslighting women in an attempt to get in their pants. This show wouldn't have also happened to have a male co-host that dressed like he had murdered a bunch of black muppets, would it?

mystery.jpg
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    ^^ If one must tat a hickey in the making on one's neck, one cannot be taken seriously.