What makes you bond with someone?

CacoEther
CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
There are some people with whom you click immediately and others with whom you have a warming up period. Still others that you never grow close with at all. What are the little things that make you feel closer to someone, or make it more likely that you’ll bond with them?

Replies

• CacoEther
    An example for me here is when someone expands on a joke you tell by taking it across threads

@kindalikevelma is a pro at this
  • CacoEther
    Did i mention these things would be little? 😅
  • CacoEther
    trauma bonding is usually what does it for me.

Like if you’re in a car accident together?
  • CacoEther
    maybe bond is a strong word. I mean more like what endears you to people?
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I was typing some things and I realized that I'm *kitten* up. So nvm I don't know how in the first place and it's just me and the animals. We bond because they're soft and cute and when they judge me it's also cute.
  • toriann319
    toriann319 Posts: 994 Member
    Banter. If you come at me with some witty/sarcastic remark, it's game on.
  • CacoEther
    I love a well-played insult. I’m way more drawn in by people who read me well enough to know that giving me a hard time about something will make me laugh
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    People who are real. Tell me about your flaws and failures as well as your victories, no matter how small; and appreciate mine
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    hrichts wrote: »
    maybe bond is a strong word. I mean more like what endears you to people?

still the cult thing
  • toriann319
    toriann319 Posts: 994 Member
    I love a well-played insult. I’m way more drawn in by people who read me well enough to know that giving me a hard time about something will make me laugh

Yesss! I have thick skin and a hellacious sense of humor. Can be dark sometimes. It happens. My day isn't complete without a well-played insult or even a complete roasting session.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Consistency and effort is what builds a bond with me and someone else.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Music.
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    I know how this sounds but I bond immediately with folks who are cynical, a touch grouchy and who can make me laugh about how stupid it all is.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    trauma bonding is usually what does it for me.

Like if you’re in a car accident together?

giphy.gif
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    i generally get along with most folks

don't care for overt political talk, don't care for gossip, don't care for judgemental behavior when it comes to how others live their lives.

long as they can avoid that and can make me laugh when im in the sunken place then odds are we'll be cool together

All I retained was "sunken place..." ARE YOU GOOD?!

There's a whole movie about this so I feel compelled to assist immediately 😩