*real beef?

Options

Replies

• janecarol61
    janecarol61 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    All meat of every kind is processed. If it wasn't, the animals would kick you as you gnaw on them.

This is hilarious!!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    spVrM.gif

Literally LOL.... Thank you
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    OP....I hope you are finding humor in this thread. It's funny. I hope you see why you got the reaction you got. not sure your intention but you came of as pretentious. You could of worded your question so many ways and you chose to call the beef you got from a friend *real as if grocery store beef is fake, and somehow bad for you. not to mention calling food from the store crap. I hope you continue your journey toward health.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OP....I hope you are finding humor in this thread. It's funny. I hope you see why you got the reaction you got. not sure your intention but you came of as pretentious. You could of worded your question so many ways and you chose to call the beef you got from a friend *real as if grocery store beef is fake, and somehow bad for you. not to mention calling food from the store crap. I hope you continue your journey toward health.

While I agree the wording could be better on the OP, I didn't find it pretentious. It was pretty obvious what was meant and she's as entitled to her opinion as all the "funny" people. But then I happen to also think a lot of beef in supermarkets is crap. Added steroids, hormones, antibotics, poor feed. That all is pretty crappy IMO.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    While I agree the wording could be better on the OP, I didn't find it pretentious. It was pretty obvious what was meant and she's as entitled to her opinion as all the "funny" people. But then I happen to also think a lot of beef in supermarkets is crap. Added steroids, hormones, antibotics, poor feed. That all is pretty crappy IMO.

tumblr_mn4lipJA2l1qlrxcho1_400.gif
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    But then I happen to also think a lot of beef in supermarkets is crap. Added steroids, hormones, antibotics, poor feed. That all is pretty crappy IMO.

Um.......no.

It's no different than the 1/2 beef I get every year from the farm.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm just really stoked they're bringing back those, "Where's the beef?" t-shirts.

In for t-shirts!!
  • bcattoes
    Options
    But then I happen to also think a lot of beef in supermarkets is crap. Added steroids, hormones, antibotics, poor feed. That all is pretty crappy IMO.

Um.......no.

I didn't say it was the ONLY crappy beef.
  • RGv2
    Options

Um.......no.

So it's all crappy? Cuz it's all the same.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Um.......no.

Not all ground beef is the same. As others posted, it depends on the cut that is ground up. Also, I noticed a huge difference when I had to buy "tube meat" compared to the ground beef I normally get from the butcher shop. Now maybe if you make a really good meatloaf with lots of seasoning, you *might* not notice the difference, but for spaghetti or burgers or tacos....I notice.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Um.......no.

No, it's not.
  • RGv2
    Options

Um.......no.

No, it's not.

LOL, OK.
  • RGv2
    Options

Um.......no.

Not all ground beef is the same. As others posted, it depends on the cut that is ground up. Also, I noticed a huge difference when I had to buy "tube meat" compared to the ground beef I normally get from the butcher shop. Now maybe if you make a really good meatloaf with lots of seasoning, you *might* not notice the difference, but for spaghetti or burgers or tacos....I notice.

We're not debating the cut.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?

why? you have a serious beef with this thread?

Yea. I know. Bad. :blushing:
  • bcattoes
    Options

Um.......no.

No, it's not.

LOL, OK.

With antibiotics and w/o is not the same. With steroids and w/o is not the same. Different diets = not the same. Same = same.
  • RGv2
    Options

Um.......no.

No, it's not.

LOL, OK.

With antibiotics and w/o is not the same. With steroids and w/o is not the same. Different diets = not the same. Same = same.

So, when I get a beef from the herd at the farm, it's different than the same beef that goes to the supermarket...cuz that's what I said. They're not loaded up with steroids, sorry.

I know you must be in farming too though, I mean to have such an extensive and working knowledge.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

So basically you claim that just because one is sold in the shop it is full of hormones and steroids but just because the other came direct from the farm it's not?

Where does the meat that is in the shop come from? Does it magically fall out of the sky?
  • bcattoes
    Options

Um.......no.

No, it's not.

LOL, OK.

So, when I get a beef from the herd at the farm, it's different than the same beef that goes to the supermarket...cuz that's what I said. They're not loaded up with steroids, sorry.

I know you must be in farming too though, I mean to have such an extensive and working knowledge.

And what I said is I think a lot of beef sold in supermarkets is crap. It has nothing to do with what you get from the farm. All beef is not the same.
  • bcattoes
    Options

So basically you claim that just because one is sold in the shop it is full of hormones and steroids but just because the other came direct from the farm it's not?

Where does the meat that is in the shop come from? Does it magically fall out of the sky?

*sigh* No, that's not even close to what I said or "claim".