WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Just caught up after not checking in yesterday.

Good news is son's GF is negative for Covid! However, sore throat and cough are still bothersome. I suggested she might want to get checked out to make sure not strep throat but don't know if they will. It would be nice if Covid had unique symptoms.

DIL and son face timed this afternoon. She looked good post surgery. Says it is going well, very tired still of course. Granddaughter was excited because Dad is taking her to store and she gets to buy something (out of her own funds!). She had to model her shoulder strap purse for (one of the Disney princesses). She is in second grade and is reading the Nancy Drew books. Glad she is a reader. GS was at preschool so will catch up with him this weekend. I guess his latest (at age 3) is he has discovered the word poop-so it is Mommy poop, daddy poop, etc. And laughing he says it.

First of my new doors installed today. He took three bedroom doors, bathroom and basement door to his house to bore out handle holes and chisel out for hinges. Says he prefers working in his own garage. He has key so he can come to house tomorrow for installation (he and family are friends from church).

I have to go do an introduction with local judge for a virtual training with area partners first thing in the morning then quickly leave to go to OSU for appointment with my thyroid cancer doctor. Hopefully he only does the usual neck ultrasound, but I have been known to show up and they send me for a bunch of other tests while I am there.

Lazy day after Terry left. I worked for three hours this morning, took off while he was working on door. Discovered something I had eaten was making my digestive system work too well (think perhaps sprout raisin bread for breakfast three days in a row!). Anyway, that got me sidetracked and not feeling comfortable leaving the house, so I sorted out medical papers and got things ready for tomorrow.

Off to bed. Got up very early this morning.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is the Autumnal Equinox (or Mabon)!

"The Autumnal Equinox in September ushers in a change of season. It is observed annually when the sun can be seen directly overhead along the equator. The day marks the end of summer and beginning of fall in the Northern Hemisphere. The autumn equinox is one of two days when all points on Earth except the polar regions see the sunrise and set at due east and due west. With few exceptions, all latitudes see almost precisely 12 hours of daylight and 12 of darkness. The name Mabon was coined by Aidan Kelly around 1970 as a reference to Mabon ap Modron, a character from Welsh mythology. Among the sabbats, it is the second of the three Pagan harvest festivals, preceded by Lammas / Lughnasadh and followed by Samhain."

Rita - Hurray for flu shots! It's not like we need anything else to worry about... I'm holding off until October to make sure it carries us through the season. We'll probably go in around October 1 to get that done unless we start seeing a lot of flu cases before then.

Allie - I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.

Michele - Every day is a good day for Elevenses!

Evie - You and me both, sister. For me it's meal planning that's really gone by the wayside although I'm having a hard time getting off my duff to exercise too. I was doing great last year but I haven't adapted well to the new reality. But we have to remember to be gentle with ourselves because times are hard for everybody right now.

Machka - Forget the $100K. If I didn't have bills to pay I'd stay there a month for free!

Whoops, I almost let the day get away from me! We'll be taking a late walk with Luna today, as soon as I post this. Can't wait to get out into this lovely, lovely weather, even in the dark. If this keeps up it'll be soup season, which is great when I'm challenged for meal planning. All I have to do is come up with one recipe and it'll feed us for several days.

Wishing you cozy nights.

-Yvonne in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip,
    I love your Meerkat! I will wait with anticipation for her name.

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did Dressed Up Drills DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 30 Minutes to Fitness Body Shop DVD.

Tracey – I feel that I probably took my father for granted and may not have treated him right. But today now that he’s gone (and has been for almost 15 years) I think of him every day. So many times I think to myself “what would dad do?”. That may very well be the same way with Denise. We don’t know what we have until it’s gone. Yes, PJ probably would be getting to where he’s too big for a Johnny Jump Up. I was just thinking that it might be someplace Denise can put him while she’s putting laundry in and making the bed. She doesn’t have a gate at the top of the steps, only one at the bottom. Well, not such a hot idea I guess

Gotchaiq – I’m so sorry you had such a bad day

Carol GA – oh no! I am sure they’d cancel the charge

Allie
    – so sorry for Trudy. She’ll probably need a good friend now so it’s a good thing you’re there

I have the brownest thumb on the face of the earth. I swear, I look at a plant and it dies. You can be sure there aren’t any in our house!

Lynn – wahoo!!!!

Ginny OH
    – how wonderful for your son (and you)

Worked today then went to WalMart for Vince’s prescriptions and got my flu shot while I was there. Then to Aldi where they had spaghetti and butternut squash on sale. I was really looking forward to the spaghetti squash in the IP and it is great. I saw that you can make butternut squash in the IP but found out that I really prefer if I roast it. That’s just me. In the IP it just came out too mushy for me.

Gotta go take a shower. Work tomorrow

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Michele Can you install a gate at the top of the stairs for Denise to keep PJ safe?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Lllll
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I hope you feel better soon

Machka - I always wonder where those places are too.

Carol - I have gotten into the habit of checking bank balances every morning too. What a hassle these “people” make it.

Margaret - catalytic converters are being stolen here regularly too.
    Do you remember when they told us how computers would make our lives easier? It seems to make it a lot easier for the scammers and hackers but for us honest people trying to do business it’s even more frustrating.

Linda - very responsible grandchildren. How did he get involved in whittling at his age? I have not seen anyone do it since my Grandfather when I was very young.

Lanette - our health authority tested Vitamin D levels here in routine bloodwork for 10 years. According to my doctor It was found that all residents were deficient in Vitamin D and that even if we were out all day every Sunny day in a year there wasn’t enough in our northern climate to make up for the deficiency. My doctor told me I need to take 3000 units daily. I can’t afford that so haven’t done it.
    It’s been a long time since we had to draw “flush water” I hadn’t thought of that in years.

Allie - I put my summer clothes away and got out cooler temp clothes on the weekend. I realized I am low on clothes but I don’t want to buy any at this size. I got rid of my bigger clothes so I would have incentive to lose if my smaller ones got tight so I need to get at it!

Terri - I thought it was interesting that she shared it as well because it describes her so well. I’m trying to understand her but she always throws me for a loop.

Katie - you made me laugh out loud literally about decluttering your decluttering groups.

Michele - that’s so true, there are so many I wish I could still call to talk to. I think most gates aren’t recommended for the top of stairs are they? I never used a gate at the top of stairs, if I was putting clothes away or doing something I would just shut the door to whatever room so they couldn’t wander off.

Had our eldest daughter and Grands here for supper. We are borrowing her car for tomorrow while ours is in the shop getting a fortune spend on it. As they were leaving Rodg says to Michaela: “love you Micki” she says “I love you too, you can call me princess Micki”. She had her little tiara on tonight.

Jonah is coming for a sleepover Friday night, we’ll maybe get caught up on some of our Young Sheldon episodes. We are far behind.

I came home from driving them home and noticed a friend had posted the Hallmark Christmas movie schedule. I realized that my youngest daughter and I wouldn’t be able to “watch” them together this year. We have been watching them at our own homes and texting through them to visit for about 5 years now. She doesn’t have cable or satellite at her new house. I texted her and she told me she had been worried about that too so we have looked at the schedule and made a couple of dates for sleepovers. I love that she still wants to hang out with her Mama.

I am going to her house the weekend of November 14th to help her decorate for Christmas and she will come here December 5th. We just need the restrictions to stay as they are and not get worse again.

Well I should probably get ready for bed, it’s late and I’m tired. I was wanting to see who won America’s Got Talent but I’ll have to finish watching tomorrow. There is a young Canadian Girl in the finales this year.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: yesterday: Library, Post Office, Grocery Outlet, Freddies, part of recycling, dogs to powerline. Today: Post office, Farmers’ market, BiMart, balance of recycling, dogs to powerline again, pulled a little salal.
    Bonus: yesterday: notes to goddaughter and niece, listened to cousin but could have done better, today pruned the mystery citrus we brought from Idaho. Thought I’d killed it by forgetting to water it this summer, but moving it to a sheltered corner and drenching it has produced miraculous little green leaves on perhaps a fourth of the branches. How live persists!
    Get to do: inventory donation then call for appointment, bad girls Bible study, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    23: let go of others expectations of yourself. Huh. Maybe of Mama’s expectation/requirement of responsive reply to every pause in her speech? Not easy to break lifelong pattern, maybe I can nudge it a little.

Carol, Oh NO! So glad you caught the unauthorized charge and quickly cancelled the debit card.
    Margaret everything you said about following up with bank accounts, trusts etc is doubly true for medical things, prescriptions, appointments. Don’t know if economic pressures aren’t allowing for proper training, or adequate time to handle transactions, but all the front desk medical staff I’ve dealt with so far this year are scattered, distracted and ill-informed.
    Lanette Southern Oregon PBS provides Passport as a perk of membership. I’d rather pay them the $60/year than Amazon every month ;) Closet shopping score!
    Tracey that was an interesting clip, but ended too soon. I wanted to learn more about how to help myself and my near and dear to shift to the curious, humor filled, open position. Don’t feel that telling each other the truth about our location is going to help. Just my humble opinion ;) Do you feel your boss was trying to send you a message?

Trying REAL hard not to comment on absolutely every post, not because I don’t care about you all, but because it’s just too much. We’ll see how it goes.

Rain has arrived and is coming down hard. Sounds so very good! Will sleep peacefully with no fire fears.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: better than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh: 23, steps>5491=5578 vits=22.5 log=23 CI<CO=18 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble & Shadow 5=24 mfp=23 outside=21 up hill=23
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=9.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=14 play= sew=2
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I buy Vitamin D3 at 5000 IU, and take a capsule every day. It is especially helpful in my view. Walmart carries it, and so do several other stores nearby. I think of D3 as the sunshine vitamin. I think it is worth the money and improves my thinking and happiness levels, especially as days get shorter. In the long ago past I tried sunlight temperature lights but prefer the vitamins. I don’t sunburn myself taking vitamins but I turn beet read under a sunlamp.🥵
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    beet red, not read 😳
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello all i'm here to brag I was high loser at tops tonight with a loss of 3.6. So it's on to another good week.

Congrats! I used to be in TOPS in Warrenton OR.👍. Did you win a basket of fruit and vegetables?💖. Our group everyone brought in a piece of something healthy and it went into a basket and whomever was the lowest won that! Great fun. Basket was kept by group, and you just put your item in when you paid your weekly dues and such.👍We had a bunch of plastic bags in the basket for the items to go in.
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Ooooooo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Cake making day today! :D I boiled the orange for an hour yesterday.
    Weather awful here, wind, rain, so I hope it improves for Edie's outside bday tea party tomorrow. :o
    They are coming in anoraks. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Pip - LOVE the trailer!

I'm a Ladybug. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Some wildfire smoke rolled in last evening, then a wonderful gentle rain all night and this morning the air is fresh. My patio workout is complete. Breakfast #1 down. I think I will go sit on my patio and drink my coffee before music practice.

Faye - over the hill and up the river
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up showered and having my tea
    Trace- I had to buy new clothes because I have gained so much weight I got comfortable clothes at Walmart and will deal with the outcome... my own fault
    the trees were just starting to turn when I was up at the lake house it is just stunning up there when the leaves change...
    Pip- cute trailer ,would love to see the pictures inside also..
    will be up with Faith until Sunday so wont be much help for Trudy but she can contact me if needed..
    love the new washer..dont have time to use it until i get back home Sunday afternoon