WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! On my phone, so this will be short.
    Rebecca- lol. I thought your avocado was a mouse butt at first glance! Need more coffee!
    Pip- Love the trailer!
    Congrats on weight losses and NSVs! Hugs.to all who need them! Ttfn xoxo. KJ(Kelly)
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Lanette I understand the long-waisted problems in the right top length. Tops, especially jackets that are shaped to sit nicely on the hips are away above my hips and flare out all tacky looking. 12" rise super high waisted mom jeans don't quite make it to my navel. I am 5' 9" with a 29" inseam for pants down to my feet and upper body of one 6' 2". I have always shopped in the petite section for bottoms and the tall section for tops. I could never wear dresses except custom made and my best look and comfort were always two-piece. Wearing a one-piece swimsuit was impossible. After seeing Jamie Lee Curtis on a movie wearing one of those early 1980's super highcut minimal crotch coverage one-pieces, I bought one thinking it was the answer to all my problems and would make my body look normal and would lead to the perfect romance. The guys would be lined up not realizing my stunning body was an illusion. After 10 minutes of abuse, I tossed that torture tool in my sewing modification bin. It became a crop top.

Faye near the river still wearing two pieces and single
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Pip
    Thank you feels good to see the scale going the right way.
    Love the trailer would love to get a little one to travel with. We have a 27 foot one for camping around her. And I bring it to my blueberry patch

Ginny
    So glad it wasn't covid in your family

Tracy
    My grandkids are well raised wow the job they did. In this time where no one cares.
    The little guy always loved to wittle since he was very young. He makes handles to put on knives and axes and anything that would need a handle. He made me a nice bowl and spoon. Cute nothing fancy mind you. But to me it's something special.

Rebecca
    We used to do the fruit and whatever basket. Now we give 2 dollars. And at the end of month best loser for the month gets a fruit and whatever basket. I got 4 dollars last night because i won attendance as well

Well for me all is good feel great and have a good attitude towards bringing the weight down and blood sugars at a good count. So on to a good day start of the good week for me.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • Faetta
    Options
    Clutterbug quiz It says I am a bee. I had issues with many of the questions because they were only half right. My drawers are neatly arranged. My bra and panty drawer is arranged for color and season. It is a work of art. Same with my socks drawer. My closets are organized with special racks for sandals, booties, and walking shoes. It is also by season and color and also fit. I can reach into my closet or drawers and find what I want blindfolded.

My studio/shop is arranged to be artistic as well as functional. OK, I confess! I am a nut job with OCD that redefines OCD. I used to drive Zek crazy. I would have him over for early morning coffee and he would pour himself a cup and I would have to adjust the pot when he was done because, damn it, he could not get it back at the right angle. Even in his own home when we were watching bull riding (his favorite thing) he would kick off his slippers and just let them fall. I had to get up and adjust them neatly side by side at the right angle. I even trained his little dog, Jaks to align them so I didn't have to get up. That aggravated him to no end. Any questions about why I am single?

Faye still avoiding flight 101 over the Cuckoos Nest.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lanette: Love the photo of you when you had beautiful red hair. Your hair still looks so soft and wavy! <3

Pip: Wow! Y'all have made so many life changes in such a short time. Your new apartment is beautifully decorated, you have a neat new car, and now you have that nifty new pull along. ENJOY! :)

Waists Lines and Lengths: I am very short waisted and have never had a waist line. When I was young it was more like straight up and down. Now it is apple. :'(

I could not decide what I was in the clutter bug quiz. I do like for things to look neatly placed in my home. I avoid going into the upstairs bonus room and into the basement because those places are just full of junk that I would get rid of in no time at all. Alas, DH is a hoarder and it will stay the way it is until one of us is no longer around. On the other side, I have a tendency to just shove things into drawers just to get them out of sight.

Carol in GA

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :D Forgot it was raining and took the dogs out before breakfast without jackets and me without a hat. We'll do better after breakfast.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Carol - Sounds like you are a Ladybug, like me.

Faye - I am the same about alignment and placing of things. It amuses and sometimes annoys DH. Mostly he just thinks I'm weird. My worst thing is coasters. Hate them out of line. :# But once things are out of sight, I'm OK. Organised chaos is fine with me. Thankfully, I am getting better at throwing things away. My wardrobe is pretty minimalist. But I must get to my sock box. :o Plus poor DH's study. :'(<3 Plus the utility room. :o

My Whole Orange Cake is in the oven. I will ice it tomorrow with lemon drizzles. It's very simple, but Edie loves it. It's better made a day or two before you eat it. DH is washing up the mountain of dirty dishes I have produced. <3 What a hero!

Raining and chilly here. Autumn has arrived at last.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Debbiebert
    Debbiebert Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new at this, just came across this thread and was surprised to see how many pages it has lol! I have been a member, I think since 2012 but can never keep myself motivated to stay healthy and keep off the pounds. UGH! So I am here trying again. This is my first time looking into a group chat, hoping it helps. Most of my friends I have accepted are a lot like me and have a hard time staying focused on the task at hand. Years ago I lost all the weight using MFP but gained it back. So on a better note, I look forward to the challenge of disciplining my butt and hoping that I meet new friends! Thank you Barbie for not deleting me as a friend when I disappeared for a long time ...aaaahhh hahha :s
    Blessings all
    Deb
  • Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Pip I love those Meercat trailers. They have a 1950 look and the idea of matching them to your car color is awesome.

Rebecca & Katla The trees are changing here really fast this year and I noticed flies already gathering around my doors.

Tracey Gorgeous photos! The only places in Canada I have been are Alberta and BC. One great grandfather was from south of Montreal and spoke French and his distant ancestor was some famous French explorer that came to Canada 1688. I always wanted to go visit there but never made it. Try to find a way to afford D3. It is so important to the immune system. I now take 2000 units twice daily in the oil capsule.

Barbara I too would love to comment on every post but it is not just the time but also saying something interesting. Also, the lack of a DH, kids, and grands, gives me less material to talk about or comment on. I could get a dog, but I can't tolerate dog or cat fur. Since my neighbor Zek moved last fall, I no longer have a FDH (fake dear husband) to tell stories about.

Machka I lived in a place more primitive than that and off the grid for 15 years that cost me money and hard work. Could I live in that lavish house without the internet or phones for 30 days for $100K? Would I pick $100 bills off my endless bearing money tree in public view wearing only a bikini? I don't know, I will have to ponder these troubling questions before making a rash decision. Hahaha!

Does anyone else notice that you can type out a post with comments after reviewing all the previous posts and then later discover that several more posts were posted while you were typing or somehow several posts were missed by your discriminating eye? A girl's work is never done SIGH!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    The trailers are made to order, it won’t b ready til January. Grandmallie if u google their site, u can c the inside
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Faye: The air here has been washed, too. It is delightful to breathe smoke free air. I hope there is enough rain to put out all of the fires. Our current AQI is 17, and is good. :bigsmile: Regarding posts, I open the thread on the left side of my computer screen and pull up my word document on the right side. I can see both at the same time. I love the flexibility. :star:

Heather: It is 57.4 Fahrenheit here, and the ground is wet, but it isn’t actually raining at the moment. My Convert app says that equals 14.11111 Celsius. The forecast is for light rain showers. I hope the smoke gets washed out of the air all over the state. :star:

Debbiebert: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I need to get pain pills for the dog today. I’ve already called the order into the vet’s office & will go there at about 10 am to pick them up. His surgery for the cancer lesion is coming up a week from tomorrow. I hope it all goes very well. We hope to enjoy his company for several more years.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Options
    Deb Hang with us girl, we will keep you motivated.

Heather Damn straights girl! Leave my freaking coasters alone! The time I have invested in getting them right is artistic time and undoing my genius is just not acceptable. Orange cake in the oven and DH washing dishes, now I am just envious! The problem is no one else could ever wash dishes or even get them into the dishwasher in accordance with my specs. I would just die if I looked into a drawer or even a toolbox and saw disarray.

Barbie As my mom said, girls don't melt.

KJ Good one on the avocado! Good eye lady! Hahaha!

Lanette Your old photo looks almost like the sexy redhead that stole my boyfriend back in the day. Were you ever in Southwest Colorado?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Carol - I'm like you, counters and tabletops can be clean and tidy but don't open a drawer, lol. Thank you for the hair comments - I miss it being thick. :( And since it was naturally curly, I was envious that it didn't seem to have any "shine". I tried every kind of conditioner but it either glomped it to my head or didn't do diddly and humidity = frizz bomb, lol.

Faye -I normally go with a 30" inseam on pants, agree 100% about the rise in pants! I was 5'9, now shrank down 1/2 inch when last measured.

Both of my grandmothers were apple shaped in their later years, and my mom was on her way with a tubby tummy. So I might get there yet, lol.

RE - waistlines. Seems like all of the medical and fitness "authorities" these days say when you measure your waistline, measure it at your belly button. Huh? My belly button lays at the top of my hip so no matter what, it's maybe only 2" less than my hip measurement.

I always thought a person's waist was where there was a normal indent between the ribs and hips, like what the clothing makers figured out. :#

My walking partner returned from vacation yesterday so we're heading out at 8 and will likely dodge a few showers.

Make it a super day, ladies!

Lanette B)
    Cool SW WA State where we received 2" of rain in the past 24 hours.

• Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    MJ You are more than welcome here. I need young ladies like you to keep me motivated. What is your name and location (in general)? Sad to hear about a car accident, but glad you joined this fun thread full of support and motivation by a diverse group of women. Barbie is our leader and keeps this going every month.

Lanette Our waist is just below the rib cage. My belly button is now 2" higher after cancer surgery. LOL! Most women's clothes custom makers now require a hip, upper hip, and waist measure. This has always been crucial to me. Dang, we are the same height and torso leg length, but our build differs with my inverted triangle shape. I wish I could get some more size on my hips, but alas they are shrinking.

Faye - Pacific Northwest USA
  • Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Lanette
    Here are my measures required by the girls that are custom making my crop top turtleneck/mask. They were very insistent that I measure exactly where they indicated. Many modern clothes makers are confusing the upper hip with the waist. I think the low rise jeans brought this about. They are actually jeans without a waist. Hipster is a good name for them.

Besides the below measures they take into account your height and weight.

2u144ma3kpgk.jpg

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B) Headed to the Vet with Levi, I think an ear infection.... darn! He always has to have some anesthesia to let the Doctor look in his ears.... that adds mightly to the price.

DebbieBert, is your dog a springer spaniel? the picture looks a bit like Levi...

Kim
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I always thought waist measurement was taken over the belly button as well. My husband argues with me about this.

I like the idea of it being just below the rib cage, but that means I have a very high waist.

Tracey
  • Faetta
    Options
    AHEM AHEM!!!
    Fall is here in the Pacific Northwest. Early morning walk foot attire.
    mtvq8rf19o8z.jpg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    882724bk6psgnrkm.jpg