WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Did a Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout DVD then went for my Bone Density Scan and mammogram. They did the 3D this time. Evidently Medicare covers 3D. So that’s good. Our previous plan didn’t cover 3D. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga For Belly Butt and Thigh DVD

Made chocolate bran muffins before I went. Soup kitchen today! Did a load of laundry before I left.

Kim – glad Levi is all taken care of. Let us know what the vet says. Happy you enjoyed those smores

Vince isn’t feeling up to par. I swear, you would think the world was coming to an end! He’s walking around the house moaning and groaning. I’m sorry, I just have little sympathy. I swear, I don’t have time to be sick! He’s sleeping right now and I’m betting that once he gets up it’ll be “what did I eat”. Whenever he’s not feeling well it’s ALWAYS something he ate (or so he feels).

Just drizzling outside. I was surprised, when I went for the BDT and mammo I had to call them from the car (that I expected) but I was able to go right in. I was expecting to have to wait in the car. Guess they want to limit the number of people in the waiting room

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Happy baking! I hope the dog treats come out just right. :star: Thank you for your participation in the MS ride. :heart:

Kim: I hope the vet comes up with a good solution for Levi’s ear problems. I had spaniels a child and they have fabulous personalities, but those long, floppy ears can cause problems. Keeping my fingers crossed for Levi. :star:

Heather: Edie is a beauty. Her eyes are stunning. :flowerforyou:

Linda in Northern Ontario: “Well another day to do whatever we want—lets make it a good positive day.” Great idea! :bigsmile:

This is definitely a fall morning. It is misty and the sidewalks are wet. I woke up with a bit of a headache and took some Tylenol. It hasn’t done much good so far. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) It was raining so hard this morning that even Sasha and I cut our walk short. We came home after just an hour. I was soaked to the skin and stripped out of all my clothes and put some in the washer and some in the dryer. It won't rain this hard all day so we'll get to walk more later.

:) Our big adventure today will be going to the library to return two books and pickup two more at curbside pickup. Then we'll go to our favorite Chinese restaurant for take out using the last money on the gift certificate I got from my line dance class for my birthday.

:) This is my morning to dance beginner dances for an hour. I dance only my favorites.

:) The zucchini, tomato, and cucumber plants are all history and now we're talking about preparing the ground for next year and deciding what to plant.

:)Heather, Happy Birthday to Edie. Hope the party is great.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,852 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Vince isn’t feeling up to par. I swear, you would think the world was coming to an end! He’s walking around the house moaning and groaning. I’m sorry, I just have little sympathy. I swear, I don’t have time to be sick! He’s sleeping right now and I’m betting that once he gets up it’ll be “what did I eat”. Whenever he’s not feeling well it’s ALWAYS something he ate (or so he feels).

Michele NC

Sore throat
    Running nose
    Aching
    Fever
    Diarhea
    ??

https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_3

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/what-you-need-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19#symptoms
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, measured potential greenhouse (28”) space (32”) and distance to outlet (7’), BGBS
    Bonus: pulled a little salal, pruned a little more of the fetterbush lyonia,
    Get to do: inventory donation then call for appointment, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    24: Ask a trusted friend to tell you what they like about you. Hmm.
    25: Release yourself from inner demands and self-criticism, just breathe and let it go?

Welcome back @debbiebert Deb! Would you let us know your general locale to help us keep you straight in our minds from our other Debbies and Debbys and…
    Faye missing others posts after posting, yup, just happened to me again with Tracey’s post. I knew mfp “returns” me to the page after my last post, but now when I start reading, had to add “scan up a bit” to my “page back a page.”
    Welcome @Mjkerik2010 and @helloquilts! Would you let us know what to call you and your general locale?
    Allie (((hugs))) :cry: for losing so many friends so close together.
    Kate (((hugs))) disabled and hit with anxiety/panic attack, you must feel so powerless. I’d be kicking and screaming!
    Michele could the pipe with bricks in it be some kind of drainage tile? Would capping it cause excess water to back up and damage the house’s foundation? I’m also annoyed when Joe moans and groans, but it seems to help him deal with the pain so I’ll cope or move to another room ;)
    Kim I look forward to hearing your vet’s ideas to prevent Levi’s future ear infections. We’re struggling with Shadow’s lick granuloma and next available appointment not til Oct 20. Cortisone solution, taping haven’t stopped. She’s as adept at wriggling out of the cone ‘o’ shame as she is at chewing off the tape. Vitamin e seems to help it heal, but doesn’t stop the licking. Gonna try taping green tea bag next. That s’mores bar sounds as decadent and disastrous as my chocolate fondue with banana slices, walnut halves, maraschino cherries and cubes of cream cheese. Yum.
    Machka what horrible torture! Why didn’t the DDS go right to the nitrous when the first 3 shots didn’t freeze the nerve? If it were me, I’d find an oral surgeon who could put me out for future dental work.
    Tracey “… hard spot to narrow down.” :laugh: Ain’t it the truth! I agree with Katla, Faye and Lanette about the importance of Vit D. Are prescriptions included in Canada’s free health care? Would your Dr. write you such a script?

Last night CI went 166 over CO due third glass of wine and the last of the Wheat Thins. Damage was only .2 lb. This morning had the house to myself for an hour while Joe went in to town. No laundry to do, had spot vacuumed yesterday so I indulged in catching up with you accompanied by instant vanilla caramel latte and hoarded/frozen pastry fourths (walnut scone, cinnamon snail, chocolate croissant and cro-nut). Savored every bite and sip. Now time to get up and work off the caffeine and sugar shakes.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: better than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh: 24, steps>5491=2820 yesterday vits=23.5 log=24 CI<CO=18 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble & Shadow 5=25 mfp=23 outside=22 up hill=24
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=9.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=14 play= sew=2
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: We’re also thinking of next year’s garden. Next year I want to build cages for my beans. I envision white plastic plumbing pipe boxes with netting attached. The whole “box” would be lifted for me to pick beans and deer to get none. I hope to make it a reality, not just a fantasy. The other morning, we had six deer here eating the remains of the garden. :grumble:

Machka: Thanks for the link to information on the corona virus. The symptom checker is a useful tool. :star:

Michele: I hope that Vince is not seriously ill. Machka’s symptom checker is a good tool to help figure out whether Vince needs to see the doctor. I would nag my husband until he made an appointment with the doctor and I’d see to it that he kept the appointment if he had worrisome flu like symptoms, pain or discomfort. Good luck to you and Vince. I hope things turnout well. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Aftetnoon ladies
    Faith had lunch and napping again..
    Alfie has been staring down a chipmunk that is out on the patio where i put some birdseed.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Well reaction from flu shot all gone, so go a lot done this morning. Cleaned camper rugs and floors, hand washed 2 batches of clothes, took care of some watering for park, and cleaned off catch-all kitchen table and washed table cloth. Taking a break to catch up here and now to cook bacon before it goes bad and prep for our mid-afternoon lunner (lunch/dinner or is it linnet?).

Supposed to break heat records today through the weekend 99-101 each day then back to cool down on Monday.

Laters ladies!

RvRita
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    M – nope, none of those symptoms.

Barbara
    – we’re thinking that the builders put those bricks in the pipe to slow down the flow of the water so that it wouldn’t ruin the (what they thought would happen) new lawn. The year this house was built there was a bad drought but, of course, they didn’t know that when they installed the pipe. It is used for drainage. It’s at the end of the driveway, so it wouldn’t affect the foundation of the house. When Vince is moaning and groaning, I just continue doing what I was doing.

Tracey
    – Vince has had an obstructed bowel so we know the symptoms, he’s also had diverticulitis. LOL the nose

Katla
    – no flu-like symptoms. Just feeling “blah” and a bit run down. But that’s all. He’s sleeping now. This has happened before and when he gets up, he’s fine.

Heather
    – glad you had such a fun time with Edie. She sure is adorable.

Sanitizing my masks in the IP right now. Then I think I’ll make some soup in it since I have it out.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,535 Member
    Options
    My homemade ice dog treats for yogi are a hit, especially after a long walk
    b47uecdlaig6.jpeg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Lost power for a time last night. Woke up to a huge tree branch in our back yard. Husband could move it, it was only as thick as his wrist. It is in a pile next to the backyard path.

The only plant I seem to be caring for is a avocado plant growing from a pit I started a couple of weeks ago. I am going to hunt for a cheap pot and soil for it the first of the month.
    cyo86lj9xkqw.jpg
    Hugs to all that need one!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Rebecca, what are you using to hold the avocado above water on that jar? I tried it with toothpicks this summer and never got mine to root. I did one in the past and had a two foot tree growing, but then moved so had to give it up.

RV Rita

27lxw2j8e9i9.jpg
    I buy Chobani yogurt and they come in containers like this. You can take the labels off. I just cut a circle bigger than the mason jar top, then cut another circle for the seed to meet in. Happy growing! Keep water so the pits butt is in the water always.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    I just use the lid part now.💖
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Machka ... I had a similar experience in August with a tooth that needed crowned and would not numb in one particular spot after many, many shots of novocaine (I too lost count). I'm sorry you had to experience that. It makes for a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." Since I've always had a problem with getting teeth numb, I've begun to wonder what is different about my teeth than the average persons. After a root canal, the endodontist believes that my teeth not only have the main nerves/roots, but also have off-shoots or canals. I think it might be a contributing factor the problem you and I are having and plan to discuss it with my dentist the next time I see him.

Heather ... Edie's personality really shines through in the birthday photo!

Today is my older son's 34th birthday. We had milkshakes for lunch ... his request. But will have fish fry for dinner. The younger son is dealing with blinding migraine so we're all staying low key in the house at the moment.

Saw my friend yesterday who was so very ill a couple of weeks ago. She has come through a lot, but still has a very long road ahead of her. We visited outside. I was at least 15-20 feet from her and wore a mask. She is on oxygen and had purchased one of those plastic face masks that should help people read lips. It was a fail. Her oxygen made the thing fog up. I suspected that might be the case with masks of that type.

It's been a long week for me and I'm looking forward to a weekend to rest. Even though I have things to do and get caught up on, there's no rush. And, it's another beautiful Fall day here ... so I'm content.

Beth near Buffalo

• Debbiebert
    Debbiebert Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Godmomkim I have no idea where I am suppose to respond to comments or questions lol this is a bit confusing my dog was my childhood dog. My profile pic is of me maybe 30+ years ago my fur angel was 15 when we had to so graciously put him our of his misery ... :( My vet at the time said he was collie and German shepherd I think he was an Australian shepherd he was the love of my life! Such an amazing dog, UGH I miss him so very much! So I was wondering if this is where I am to post when using this thread can someone tell me LOL!!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Debbiebert ... yep, you did it right. Some people bold names, others use the @name. Sometimes we'll quote and then respond. It's whatever is easiest for you.

• Debbiebert
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Debbiebert ... yep, you did it right. Some people bold names, others use the @name. Sometimes we'll quote and then respond. It's whatever is easiest for you.

bwcetc thank you very much!! B) it must be a bit hard to keep up this way, having to look for your name days later, no notifications like fb?
  • Debbiebert
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, measured potential greenhouse (28”) space (32”) and distance to outlet (7’), BGBS
    Bonus: pulled a little salal, pruned a little more of the fetterbush lyonia,
    Get to do: inventory donation then call for appointment, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    24: Ask a trusted friend to tell you what they like about you. Hmm.
    25: Release yourself from inner demands and self-criticism, just breathe and let it go?

Welcome back @debbiebert Deb! Would you let us know your general locale to help us keep you straight in our minds from our other Debbies and Debbys and…
    Faye missing others posts after posting, yup, just happened to me again with Tracey’s post. I knew mfp “returns” me to the page after my last post, but now when I start reading, had to add “scan up a bit” to my “page back a page.”
    Welcome @Mjkerik2010 and @helloquilts! Would you let us know what to call you and your general locale?
    Allie (((hugs))) :cry: for losing so many friends so close together.
    Kate (((hugs))) disabled and hit with anxiety/panic attack, you must feel so powerless. I’d be kicking and screaming!
    Michele could the pipe with bricks in it be some kind of drainage tile? Would capping it cause excess water to back up and damage the house’s foundation? I’m also annoyed when Joe moans and groans, but it seems to help him deal with the pain so I’ll cope or move to another room ;)
    Kim I look forward to hearing your vet’s ideas to prevent Levi’s future ear infections. We’re struggling with Shadow’s lick granuloma and next available appointment not til Oct 20. Cortisone solution, taping haven’t stopped. She’s as adept at wriggling out of the cone ‘o’ shame as she is at chewing off the tape. Vitamin e seems to help it heal, but doesn’t stop the licking. Gonna try taping green tea bag next. That s’mores bar sounds as decadent and disastrous as my chocolate fondue with banana slices, walnut halves, maraschino cherries and cubes of cream cheese. Yum.
    Machka what horrible torture! Why didn’t the DDS go right to the nitrous when the first 3 shots didn’t freeze the nerve? If it were me, I’d find an oral surgeon who could put me out for future dental work.
    Tracey “… hard spot to narrow down.” :laugh: Ain’t it the truth! I agree with Katla, Faye and Lanette about the importance of Vit D. Are prescriptions included in Canada’s free health care? Would your Dr. write you such a script?

Last night CI went 166 over CO due third glass of wine and the last of the Wheat Thins. Damage was only .2 lb. This morning had the house to myself for an hour while Joe went in to town. No laundry to do, had spot vacuumed yesterday so I indulged in catching up with you accompanied by instant vanilla caramel latte and hoarded/frozen pastry fourths (walnut scone, cinnamon snail, chocolate croissant and cro-nut). Savored every bite and sip. Now time to get up and work off the caffeine and sugar shakes.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: better than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh: 24, steps>5491=2820 yesterday vits=23.5 log=24 CI<CO=18 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble & Shadow 5=25 mfp=23 outside=22 up hill=24
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=9.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=14 play= sew=2

auntiebk it's going to take me awhile to figure this out if I hadn't been scrolling up rereading I would not have seen this question.... am I missing something lol I am from massachusetts this is Debbiebert I like to be called Deb is there a setting for notifications?