Tttt
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3<3Edie <3<3

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    It has been a pretty good week- weather is perfect and most of the smoke is gone. We are still getting a little ash but no where near what we were getting- Cleaned the solar panels off last night.
    I will be heading up to spend the weekend at my parents place. This is the first time in 7 months since I have spent the night(usually go once a month or more). I am really looking forward to really getting to visit with them. I will go in early tomorrow morning with them to help with the food program/food bank that they do every Sat. at their church, then go see my best friend(bff's for about 50yrs!)-she is doing an estate sale after her mom passed away. She will be busy so won't stay too long but at least we get to see each other.
    I will stay up, help at my parents in the garden or what ever they need(acre of garden so always something to pick), pick extra for me to bring home, then come home on Sunday. I will stop on my way home at the stores we usually go to to check bargains.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Heather- Edie and Johnny look elated and so glad everyone had a blast...
    Faith again slept all day only waking to use the commode and eat and right back to sleep..
    So not alot of work.. but will get her in the shower tomorrow...
    Was watching the Waltons ,the incredible Dr Pol...and lakefront bargain hunt..and watching the birds... and the chipmunk that is sending Alfie into fits lol
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is National BRAVE Day!

"National BRAVE Day is about empowering women. It 'honors women who lift each other up, rescue each other and make each other BRAVE,' and exists 'to encourage women to keep moving forward and to be BRAVE.' On the day, women with varied life experiences and from different generations come together to support each other with simple gestures. These are sisters, family members, friends, and strangers who have dealt with struggles and tragedy. National BRAVE Day was founded by Sweetlife Women, a women's ministry, in honor of their founder, Kaci Stewart. In creating the day, Sweetlife Women hoped it would be a spark of encouragement to women, and a reminder to them to strengthen each other."

Pip - The MeerKat is adorable! Looking forward to hearing about your camping adventures.

Tracey - The fall photos are lovely. We don't have much of a fall here, although there are a few spots where you can go to see fall color.

Kim - Glad Levi is on the mend. It's too bad he won't let you mess with his ears... I have a recipe for a great homemade earwash for dogs, but they do have to stand still long enough for you to pour it in.

Today Philip and I drove across town to a park and started our walk with Luna from there. It was nice to see some different scenery.

This is going to be a baking weekend. My mother-in-law's birthday is Tuesday, so we're going to take a gift and a cake over there for a little outdoor, socially-distanced birthday party with them. I think I'm going to make a carrot cardamom cake, because I'm not sure what she likes but I love both carrot cake and cardamom.

Hope we can all take a minute today to celebrate how BRAVE each and every one of us is.

-Yvonne in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    Debbiebert wrote: »
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Debbiebert ... yep, you did it right. Some people bold names, others use the @name. Sometimes we'll quote and then respond. It's whatever is easiest for you.

bwcetc thank you very much!! B) it must be a bit hard to keep up this way, having to look for your name days later, no notifications like fb?

:) I read this thread every day. I am interested in what everyone says to everyone else, not just what they say to me

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Heather- Edie and Johnny look elated and so glad everyone had a blast...
    Faith again slept all day only waking to use the commode and eat and right back to sleep..
    So not alot of work.. but will get her in the shower tomorrow...
    Was watching the Waltons ,the incredible Dr Pol...and lakefront bargain hunt..and watching the birds... and the chipmunk that is sending Alfie into fits lol

I enjoy watching all those shows too. Fun to watch the Beachfront Bargain Hunters when they do areas near where I used to live with hubby #1- Mobile, AL. Would love to go back there

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    Got another donation!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Debbiebert ... yep, you did it right. Some people bold names, others use the @name. Sometimes we'll quote and then respond. It's whatever is easiest for you.

bwcetc thank you very much!! B) it must be a bit hard to keep up this way, having to look for your name days later, no notifications like fb?

If you use the @username The person gets a notification.

Notifications can be found by clicking on the bell beside the star and cogwheel ot the top,of the page. Clicking on the notification will take younto the relevant post.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day -

Walk home 2 Audubon st- 28.27min, 88ahr, 103mhr, 3.9ap, 24elev, 1.62mi= 145c
    Strava app= 197c
    Walk Audubon st 2 gazebo- 55min, 106ahr, 122mhr, 3.9ap, 60elev, 3.59mi= 327c
    Strava app= 435c
    Walk, skip, sidestep, reverse walk, gazebo 2 home- 55.58min, 116ahr, 147mhr, 3.8ap, 61elev, 3.52mi= 343c
    Strava app= 427c

Total 8.72mi

Total cal 815c
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Made soup for me, catfish for us to have during the week and chicken.

My starter from King Arthur came!!!! I think I was too anxious the last time and the second it rose and passed the float test, I just HAD to make bread. This time I’m not going to be as anxious and I’ll make a double batch. Update: Just did the first feeding.

Vince is feeling much better. Maybe it really was just that he was tired and his body was saying “rest”, because he slept this afternoon and now he’s much better.

Pip – I’ve never seen ice dog treats. Is that maybe frozen beef broth?

Debbie – you posted in the absolute perfect spot! I’m so sorry about your dog, what a heartbreak

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Barbie: I went to the library today to update my library card and afterward tried to find a book to read on library to go. No luck on finding the right book, but at least I’m set to check out books again. We can’t actually go into the library now. I can check out electronic books online. This is managed through amazon. :star:

Heather: I am happy along with you for your successful party. :flowerforyou:

Michele: Good news that Vince is resting well and has no flu like symptoms. I hope he feels better soon. :smiley: Three cheers for getting your sourdough starter!!!!! Be sure to double it a few times so that you have some to make your food, and more left to double for the next time. :bigsmile:

Pip: I love the dog treats! They look great. :star:

Debbiebert: Welcome! I read all the posts, too. I comment when I have something positive to say, or if I have a question and want to understand a bit better. :wink:

I renewed my library card today. Yay! Next step is to see if I can find something that I want to read.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    Machka ... I had a similar experience in August with a tooth that needed crowned and would not numb in one particular spot after many, many shots of novocaine (I too lost count). I'm sorry you had to experience that. It makes for a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." Since I've always had a problem with getting teeth numb, I've begun to wonder what is different about my teeth than the average persons. After a root canal, the endodontist believes that my teeth not only have the main nerves/roots, but also have off-shoots or canals. I think it might be a contributing factor the problem you and I are having and plan to discuss it with my dentist the next time I see him.

Beth near Buffalo

You and me both!

I have very long roots on my teeth and my dentist thinks that I've got nerve offshoots which are very difficult to get at.

Dentists have always had trouble getting me numb.

During my root canal a year or so ago, she had to aim the needle right down the canal and get a nerve that way. And she has had to use the nitrous oxide before.

I'm hoping that once she gets this crown on, I'll be able to go a whole year without dental work.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited September 2020
    Options

It's a forum thread, a different concept than FB. We just scroll through. :)

If you want a notification, use the @ symbol.

@Debbiebert

Or if you just want to identify who you're talking to, bold a person's name to highlight it, quote a person's comment.

Sometimes we make general comments on a topic as well.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Happy Birthday to the children and grandchildren!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💚💙
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH & the dog are both quietly snoring. I’m planning to read a bit before sleeping.

Katla
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Deb, it must be a bit hard to keep up this way, having to look for your name days later, no notifications like fb? lol, we try really hard to not have to catch up for "days"! We are a very chatty bunch, and it's not unusual to have to read 3 or 4 pages each day. MFP will sort of take you back to the spot you left at, but I find I still need to backtrack frequently. Hang in there! And don't feel you need to respond to everyone, you'd never get anything else done!
    Heather so glad the birthday party went off well, she looks so lovely in the photo, seeing her cake! (which also looks darn lovely, btw!)
    Kim, it is a shame that Levi won't let you do anything with his ears, I'm sure it would be much easier to deal with if you could clean them out once a week or so. Good luck!
    Michele, glad Vince is feeling better!
    Lisa, hoping that you are feeling better too!
    Machka and Beth, I'm so glad my dentists have not had those kind of problems freezing me! I did have one who didn't put in enough and when he retired and I saw a new one, I started to cringe when SHE started drilling. She immediately stopped and asked if I could feel it. When I nodded yes, she said "well, there's no need for that!" She put in an extra shot and I didn't feel a thing. Unfortunately she had some health issues and was forced to retire, but when I found a replacement I mentioned that I needed and extra shot if he was going to do any freezing, he complied and I have had pain free dental work since. It takes a few hours before I can feel anything, mind you, but with the first one for this story, the freezing would be out by the time I got back to the car. I don't mind soup for supper if I don't have to feel the drill!
    Pip, the meerkat looks lovely! Happy that you got your money back as well!
    I did not sleep well last night, woke up after a few hours having to pee so badly I was actually in pain! (Sorry if that's TMI !) Anyway, that seemed to be the start of it and I just never really fell back into a nice deep sleep. Maybe tonight..... On the bright side, the scale was very kind this morning! Down 2 lbs since yesterday morning! If only that could be the trend.... lol I have tried to do more meal planning these past few days and cook real food from scratch and it appears to be paying off. I did do a stupid thing on Monday tho, I saw a bag of Carnaby Street Caramels (think Kraft, only a little softer...) I had to buy it. Which was fine, but then I kind of pigged out and my digestive system let me know that it was not amused... I haven't had any for the last two days, and hubby finished the last of them today. Better him than me! I can't believe that I still do things like that, end up making myself sick because I can't stop eating the junk! You'd think someone my age would know better by now! :s Apparently not tho. Oh well, they are gone now, and I will not be buying any more! And that's it for me for tonight, need some sleep!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on wonderfully rainy Vancouver Island! We did see the sun today, but we got some good rain too, it really was wonderful!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    :)