WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    I got another donation , guess it was while I was riding. I’m up to 785!
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Monday is weigh-in day so I am more aware of what I eat and do today in preparation for Monday. I know I should be conscious of weighing-in all during the week and not just when it's getting close to my weigh-in day. It's Saturday and I'm ending a 16-hour fast in about an hour. I have a really hard time getting up off the couch and exercising because I've never liked to exercise. Exercise is the one thing I procrastinate about. I put it off and tell myself I will exercise later. I reap the results of my actions.

Last night I listened to a weight-loss subliminal tape all during the night to help motivate me to exercise. This is the third night out of the last four nights I've listened to this. The recording helps me get to sleep and sleep deeply which I have needed, then it wakes me up totally after 8 hours and I am completely awake so it is working well for me so far.

I want to change my way of thinking to that I look forward to exercise and how much better it makes me feel. If anyone has any tips for this please let me know! Please add me as a friend if you wish!

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • charsuzy
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi all wish I knew how to put a picture in here. I have a cottage nothing fancy but to me it's heaven. We have 63 acres and 1/2 mile of lake front. And it's not a long distance from home. It's only about 7 miles from home. I spend a lot of time there. But hubby don't care for it. His bad because I don't stay home and bend to all his beck and calls. I go there to relax and knit.
    Right now i'm busy getting rid of the garden maybe tomorrow. And come back for tops on wed.

Good luck and see you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario

Hi lcharpentier2,

You can attach a picture when you post. Look at the top of the text box where you type into and you will see the menu along the top of the text-box. Toward the right you will see a little icon for photos. Click on that and it will open into a place to upload your photos. I cut and pasted the following snippets below for you to see what to look for when uploading a photo. Hope it works for you!

3ra8d1mrmb47.png
    ag3oj3bfvmyu.png
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    Heather, great party pics! She is turning into such a polite little lady! Charming!

All the baking us ladies are doing!
    Carrot and Cardamom cake!
    Chocolate zucchini muffins!
    Orange cake with lemon drizzle!
    Lemon pole cake with blueberry filling and cream cheese!
    When we all get together for a reunion, we might never wanna go home. Rent a big house and take turns wowing each other with our masterpieces! MFP would fund all this of course. 😁

Today making some sort of cookies with walnuts, almonds, coconut, carmel pieces, and oatmeal. Thinking honey with be involved. Should be interesting!
    Need to make homemade biscuits too. My dear husband has been having biscuits and gravy every Sunday for months now. Him and his schedules! He buys the frozen gravy you just boil water and plop the bag of gravy in. He normally gets his biscuits from the kiosk where I get my precooked chickens at the commissary. But this Fri they didn't have any. I am all for making him biscuits and gravy every now and then, but every darn Sunday? You're on your own buddy!😁. I cook most every night, so his breakfasts and lunches are his own.
    The other morning I had to exit the kitchen while he was making everything! He has no patience, the bacon is on too high, the oatmeal boiling away. I am laughing, you are just a rushed chef!!! Bacon doesn't need to be fried that fast! He just puts them in the pan, turns it on high and puts a lid on it! I guess when he was a cook at the U.S. Banks cafeteria at USBANCORP Plaza (its a tall pink bldg on the Portland Oregons skyline, you can't miss it), he had to cook things fast and its stuck! He did it his Jun/Sen year of high school before he went in the Navy.👍,
    Have a good weekend ladies!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    "When we all get together for a reunion, we might never wanna go home. Rent a big house and take turns wowing each other with our masterpieces! MFP would fund all this of course. 😁"

And, of course, they'd fly Heather over too

Is that Athena????? Beautiful

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Lisa - what happened to that group (or whatever you call it) that was private where we could discuss political/religious things?

Also, I can't remember who started a "group" for DIY/crafting/home hints, but where is it?

Michele NC
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I didn't bring no leftover cake home it wouldn't be safe here.
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- Apple Watch only- MS Virtual Bike Ride for Deception Pass Classic 2020- 3hrs 26min 26sec, 17.5amph, 1293elev, 131ahr, 157mhr, 60.04mi= 1609c
    Strava app- 1297c
    Walk to hair cut n bk- 15.44min, 2.9ap, 95ahr, 127mhr, .76mi= 77c
    Strava app- 92c

Total call 1686
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kayla I was thinking of you and your husband as I was riding today
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Lookee here, I just ran across a reason why my eating has gone sideways the past few months...

6ppg0vb2h3d9.jpg

Charsuzy
    - I'm back on the 16:8 fast schedule, once I get my sea-legs it's fairly easy to go 18:6. It's just doing it and kicking the kuchisabishii to the curb. What I really like about IF is that when the eating window opens, I'm REALLY hungry and food tastes good. Unlike when I graze all day from boredom and never really feel hungry. Can anyone relate? :D

Pip - I know you live farther away from me now, but are you able to still apply the boot? I'm bracing myself, lol.

Thanks everyone for good thoughts/comments about my elderly neighbor John's dog situation.

Margaret - when he told me his little pal died, I immediately thought of you and Drew!

John and his little dog both saw their health deteriorate a lot this past decade. John's wife died of cancer 7 years ago or so, then he ended up with a couple heart surgeries, kidney surgery. He survived a plane crash during the Korean war so has a lot of constant back pain. He walks with a cane, has COPD, tells his kids to mind their own beeswax when they urge him to sell his house and property.

Anyhow, his dog was a Havanese, and one of their kids got it for them when their mom became ill. I think they are probably looking for the same breed for John, knowing that the dog will likely outlive him and they'll end up with it. But you never know... that little dog was a lot of work for him with the grooming and all, but she was small enough and had such a good personality that he could handle her just fine.

So I think he's giving it to the universe and letting God work out the details (he's a devout Catholic). I know at some point it might just be me and Rosie rambling about this big house, and I'm not sure she'll be content to be left home alone like Sophie was. Not worried about it, just wondering.

Missed my morning walk since I joined the Walmartians at the crack of dawn... looks like a break in the clouds so think I'll pull my shoes and raincoat on and get in some quick steps. Walking neighbor has grand daughter for a week so don't think she's available during the day, but we plan to get our walk in early tomorrow morning.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I’m always up for a good butt kicking session, :::::strapping on the boots::::::: I am here to serve
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    The new cars look great-you even have me thinking about one and I have 2017 CRV with less than 20,000 miles on it that I bought new!

Michelle NC – same experience here with bloodwork mammo, dentist. I have never liked how packed some waiting rooms have been in the past (and there is always that one person coughing and sneezing the whole time). I hope some of the limitations stay in place!

Rebecca -Athena is so cute!

Heather- glad party went well. It is fun spoiling grandchildren!

Julie-sorry you are still a bit down. Glad you got to teach in-person-hopefully the interaction will be good for you.

Machka-hope your next dental appointment goes better. I think your idea of new laptop for you and let husband inherit the old is very sensible.

Well, this week I had in office meetings each day. First time since late March I have worn actual work clothes and work shoes! Thursday and Friday I wore no socks with my dress shoes and got a blister on one toe. Discovered that makes walking shoes awkward. Found a pair that didn’t put too much pressure on it to wear to church for some yard work. Opted out of neighborhood walk so blister can heal. Got in some bike time in the basement.

Doctor’s appoint at OSU went fairly well. While tumor marker is up a bit, neck ultrasound looked good. Will see how levels are in January, if still trending up will have a pet and ct scan. Most disturbing thing was my blood pressure was 163/93. I don’t tend to run high. Stayed high yesterday. Looked back at food diary and realized my sodium intake the last few weeks has been horrible. Also missed a couple of workouts. Seriously backed off sodium yesterday and today and it is getting back to normal range. Also discovered my potassium intake has not been good. So-have to work on less sodium, more potassium and keep moving.

New interior doors are going in-they look pretty good. I will paint them and the closet doors. However, with just the primer they are an improvement. Two doors to go in basement and a new counter and sink in downstairs bathroom. Pictures of doors (since I have learned that some of you like seeing projects!)
    icpjjle1vqq1.jpg[img][/img]1lbbw8s87t25.jpeg

Need to get a couple of more chores done tonight. I did the clutter test and guess I am a cricket-but I could take it at another time and get a different answer.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    "When we all get together for a reunion, we might never wanna go home. Rent a big house and take turns wowing each other with our masterpieces! MFP would fund all this of course. 😁"

And, of course, they'd fly Heather over too

Is that Athena????? Beautiful

Michele NC

Yep, its her!💖
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    I couldn’t edit my previous post. I meant to say that the house and buildings in the photo belong to my brother.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Michele ... the rant women 50+ is still there ...try looking under groups.
  • charsuzy
    Options
    5506 steps today, so far. It's 5:00 pm.
    I walked mostly inside a mall because it was raining today, then I walked on a park after the rain stopped.

This is good progress for me because I burned more calories today than in a day during the last few months.

I hope I can keep up with my progress!