Awesome ride.

<3

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, typed hymns, emailed credit union and bank about loans.
    Bonus: one load of laundry, pulled a little more salal and blackberry vines, weeded and mulched another 12’ of flowerbed.
    Get to do: livestream church, make tuna salad, inventory donation then call for appointment, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    26: Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents: hmm making it a habit to take the dogs down the drive every day, happy about that.

Heather would you share the indoor fountain candles link? Couldn’t find on Amazon.us
    Lanette thank you very much for the Benadryl (1 mg/lb), Omega 3 and CBD chew suggestions. Can’t get her in to vet ‘til Oct 20, so will try those. When this started she got Apoquel, not prednisone, for the week she was in the cone’o’shame. I’m not a big fan, I blame Apoquel for Dixie’s final illness. Both Shadow and Tumble get NexGuard for flea prevention and Interceptor for heartworm prevention, as Ivermectin can be life threatening for Skyes and GSDs. Are you anywhere near Cashmere WA? Kuchisabishii :lol:
    Carol [shudder] I am so with you about having teeth pulled. After a horrible experience at 17 where the DDS had to put his hand on my forehead while he twisted and pulled with pliers the impacted upper tooth, I swore “never again!” Insisted on an oral surgeon who could put me out for the wisdom tooth removal and would do the same for any extractions.
    Michele bubbles on your sourdough starter, hooray!
    Pip your virtual ride map makes it look like you biked on water!
    Charsuzy I try to flip my mental switch and not “exercise” but do fun activities, like dance, walk dogs, garden. Things I like to do AND make my body feel better. Before the pandemic I took “social” activity classes, like T’ai Chi and Line Dancing. The Better Bones and Balance class turned out to be social too, even though it was a real workout. Now I’m struggling to do these activities at home. I do much better with a scheduled, structured class with compatible people. Good luck!
    Rebecca your chief and my Joe cook the same way, everything on HIGH. So grateful he does his own cooking most of the time.
    Tracey not sure you can get an old fashioned thermometer any more, due to the mercury they contained. Seems like the hazardous materials regulations have made some old standbys hard to find, like the ammonia I want.

Hearing gunshots? shotgun blasts? from the next ridge. Kinda late for target practice. Maybe they're trying to scare the bear onto a different garbage route... ;)

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: better than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh: 26, steps>5491=3936 vits=25.5 log=26 CI<CO=20 CI<250<CO=13 Tumble & Shadow 5=27 mfp=26 outside=24 up hill=26
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=10
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=14 play= sew=2

You go into tunnels that are under water. When I ride today I’ll take pics so u can see the route and what it looks like on my computer screen
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, typed hymns, emailed credit union and bank about loans.
    Bonus: one load of laundry, pulled a little more salal and blackberry vines, weeded and mulched another 12’ of flowerbed.
    Get to do: livestream church, make tuna salad, inventory donation then call for appointment, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    26: Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents: hmm making it a habit to take the dogs down the drive every day, happy about that.

Heather would you share the indoor fountain candles link? Couldn’t find on Amazon.us
    Lanette thank you very much for the Benadryl (1 mg/lb), Omega 3 and CBD chew suggestions. Can’t get her in to vet ‘til Oct 20, so will try those. When this started she got Apoquel, not prednisone, for the week she was in the cone’o’shame. I’m not a big fan, I blame Apoquel for Dixie’s final illness. Both Shadow and Tumble get NexGuard for flea prevention and Interceptor for heartworm prevention, as Ivermectin can be life threatening for Skyes and GSDs. Are you anywhere near Cashmere WA? Kuchisabishii :lol:
    Carol [shudder] I am so with you about having teeth pulled. After a horrible experience at 17 where the DDS had to put his hand on my forehead while he twisted and pulled with pliers the impacted upper tooth, I swore “never again!” Insisted on an oral surgeon who could put me out for the wisdom tooth removal and would do the same for any extractions.
    Michele bubbles on your sourdough starter, hooray!
    Pip your virtual ride map makes it look like you biked on water!
    Charsuzy I try to flip my mental switch and not “exercise” but do fun activities, like dance, walk dogs, garden. Things I like to do AND make my body feel better. Before the pandemic I took “social” activity classes, like T’ai Chi and Line Dancing. The Better Bones and Balance class turned out to be social too, even though it was a real workout. Now I’m struggling to do these activities at home. I do much better with a scheduled, structured class with compatible people. Good luck!
    Rebecca your chief and my Joe cook the same way, everything on HIGH. So grateful he does his own cooking most of the time.
    Tracey not sure you can get an old fashioned thermometer any more, due to the mercury they contained. Seems like the hazardous materials regulations have made some old standbys hard to find, like the ammonia I want.

Hearing gunshots? shotgun blasts? from the next ridge. Kinda late for target practice. Maybe they're trying to scare the bear onto a different garbage route... ;)

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: better than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh: 26, steps>5491=3936 vits=25.5 log=26 CI<CO=20 CI<250<CO=13 Tumble & Shadow 5=27 mfp=26 outside=24 up hill=26
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=10
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=14 play= sew=2

You go into tunnels that are under water. When I ride today I’ll take pics so u can see the route and what it looks like on my computer screen

And sting rays and dolphins float past. :)

We have reasonably sized screens set up ... not huge but about twice the size of a laptop screen so it's quite effective. :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    SuzieQ What size do you mean by cottage? My dream is a 600 sq ft custom design house with a garage.
    I have downsized about half over the last 3 years, but have loads of all kinds of things that were selling until the pandemic hit. It brought my downsizing to a standstill. I can't sell anything even for a fourth value.

Faye
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oooo
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning again ladies
    Have a load of laundry in of towels and Faiths stuff finally got her in the shower.. i had to have her sign a note saying after 2 nap she needs to get her wash up..
    Well that was a fun time,but she us clean and is back napping.. and will get her lunch in a bit...
    I set up bird feeding station out the back here and am enjoying immensely..so at least when im up here i can feed the birds...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Heather: What a beautiful rainbow!!!!!! Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou: Horrible achy legs at night make me think of a shortage of calcium. When I have night time leg cramps I take tums. They’re a great source of calcium. I like the fruit flavored ones and DH prefers the peppermint version. :star:

Rebecca: I haven’t baked a cookie in years. I occasionally buy a cookie at the grocery store and enjoy every bite. Having cookies at home would be a disaster. I can’t eat just one. :embarassed:

Barbie: My baseline exercise during Covid worries is riding my bike in the garage. It is weatherproof. I can ride in any weather and be dry and comfortable. In dry weather I love to take long walks with DH and the dog. :smiley:

Barbara: Maybe the shotgun blasts you hear are neighbors hunting the bears. According to Oregon hunting regs, there is a spring bear season and also a fall season, 8/1-12/31. I have relatives who hunt bear in northern CA. I’ve been told that the bear meat is similar to pork. What are the regulations near you? Could you and the neighbors hunt the nuisance bear and divvy up or donate the meat? :huh:

M in OZ: We have a digital thermometer like the picture you posted, and another that uses forehead temps. Both thermometers need new batteries. We’ll be stopping by the battery section at the store later today. :smiley:

Lanette: We use CBD oil for our dog. It helps reduce pain. He is scheduled for surgery to remove a cancerous lesion on his backside next Friday. I hope all goes well. :star:

SuziQ: Great to see your post! :heart:

Our city is decorating for Halloween. They’ve blocked off the road in Old Town and are busily decorating for the annual Halloween Town celebration. The original Disney Movie was filmed here. Most of the businesses and restaurants do very well during October. Our hair salon has a bigger challenge. Since the street will be blocked, their elderly customers will have to walk several blocks to get to the shop. Some of them aren’t able to walk that far. I hope the hair salon figures out a useful strategy.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    ALLIE: I was just thinking about how difficult it must be for you to get Faith in the shower. Is she a large or small sized woman? How old is she? I remember when my mom was in the nursing home, just getting to the bathroom was a struggle. You are surely to be admired.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I've at last decided on the phone for DH to get me for my birthday. I'm switching from Sony to Samsung, so will take it into the Vodafone shop so they can do all the necessary fiddling for £25. I'm getting it from Amazon Prime and have ordered screen protectors, which they can also fit for me. I get very panicky around new technology, so it's best if they do it.
    It's not an expensive, or fancy phone, but has many more GB, which is what I wanted. It also has a micro sd slot, like my Sony, so that can just be transferred. I have a sim only, dirt cheap contract.
    Phew!

Another joy is that recently Samsung updated my tablet and the typing became really sticky and difficult. It was driving me crazy! Words all stuck together and spelt wrong. This morning it announced a new update to iron out bugs and, lo and behold, the screen typing is back to normal. Not perfect, but not continually annoying. :D Hip, hip hooray!

Having our favourite chicken with preserved lemon and olives for dinner. Broccoli.

Thanks for aching leg suggestions. I'm still pondering. I've ordered cbd oil to see if that will help with sleeping in general as well as pain relief. It does seem a tiny bit better anyway this afternoon. Fingers crossed for improvement. I've had it since last Tuesday.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Heather, one problem that affects sleeping and legs is restless leg syndrome. One thing that helps is taking iron. It has something to do with iron in your blood not crossing the blood brain barrier, so even though blood levels of iron are fine, there's not enough iron in the brain. So I take an iron pill and I sleep better and my legs aren't so sore. You might want to look into it. The formal diagnosis takes a sleep study. So if you have had that done, you might reread the results. Hope you feel better.

Meanwhile, I had a lovely time with Steven. Things are going very well. We are both sunburned though.

Annie in Delaware
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)charsuzy, I listen to audio books and podcasts while I walk. They motivate me to keep walking because I want to keep listening. I put on my walking clothes as soon as I get up in the morning (I lay them out before I go to bed) so I am ready to walk right away. I read this thread while I eat breakfast so I am more motivated to get moving.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

@barbiecat
    You want to keep walking because you want to keep listening is a pretty great statement! That's one way to get more walking in!
    I am not quite ready to go out walking as soon as I get up, but I wish I were there. Being more of a night person I need coffee to get going and to listen to a tape to wake up! ha ha! But it sounds like good practice to get up and go walking right away. That's a great discipline to do that! Thanks!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Carol- she isnt large by any means i would say she is probably 140-150 lbs she uses a 4 wheeled walker and there is a shower chair in the bathtub that i have her sit on and a hand held shower wand to get her clean...i get her dried off and into new jammies and knee high socks with grips on the bottom and get her back to bed.. i got her coloring stuff back out so here is hoping she will do some of that..
    Jean will stop here to pick up a collage and then go to memorial and hopefully be home by 4..
    I am invited to my friend Carolyns house for dinner at 5...
    I am watching Americas National parks its so wonderful.
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks Annie. I have read about the iron. They are actually feeling a bit better tonight, so I'm going to give it a day or so. It has been horribly uncomfortable and keeps me from sleeping properly. Happy things are going well with Steven. :D

Dinner was fabulous. <3

Lisa - Worrying about you, dear heart. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    just a quick hellol
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Uuuu
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Celebrated DGD's 16th birthday yesterday. Ate 1/2 my take out manicotti and a small salad. Also had a small birthday brownie. It was just close family and we spread out at kitchen table and bar. We ordered take out from Cat House Pizza and Pasta. We had planned on eating outside on the gazebo but the rain stopped that.

I have been participating in a FitBit challenge but have decided to skip that this week as my DM and I will be flying to IA. Mom is 96 and wants to visit with her favorite niece and DSIL one last time. My cousin is a CNP and they have all been keeping safe as possible so I feel OK about the visit. The only worrying part is the airports but when I flew her up here from CA they were very clean and particular.

Hope Lisa is doing OK.

Hello to the newbies.

Heather - My cardiologist put me on potassium for leg cramps.

Lanette - Is Cashmere up by Leavenworth? I am probably about 1/2 way there along hwy 2.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA