Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Besides keeping track of calories, what else are you doing to maintain your overall health?

Copper_BoomCopper_Boom Member Posts: 81 Member Member Posts: 81 Member
I have gotten better about eating vegetables, taking walks, and cutting out toxic relationships. I also save watching/reading the news for right before a workout- I find it so aggravating.

Replies

• mylittlerainbowmylittlerainbow Member Posts: 485 Member Member Posts: 485 Member
    Trying to substitute pleasure reading (I study a lot) or music or needlework for stressful things like the news for at least an hour a day. Working out at least 60 minutes a day. Trying to stay in touch with friends and family the best that I can under these circumstances. When there are temperate days such as the last few have been, eating outside on my deck instead of at my kitchen table - how different it feels just to do that!
  • 4Phoenix4Phoenix Member Posts: 82 Member Member Posts: 82 Member
    This is a lifestyle.... address spiritual, mental, and physical components. First thing in the am, weigh (use Withings for BMI, muscle/fat) and take blood pressure, Taichi, spiritual exercises.....then, heart rate monitor on (also track micros/macros daily) and out the door for am exercise. Returning home get in the sauna and meditate. IF throughout the am, but make nutrient dense daily lunch salad for later. The mornings are sacred and start early so this can be accomplished before the day starts. Work on transformation....reflect to see what is working and what isn't. Stay strong and consistent, even when the challenges appear.
    Wishing you the best!
    edited September 14
  • ChieflrgChieflrg Member Posts: 8,579 Member Member Posts: 8,579 Member
    Resistance train. Probably the one most important thing a person can do to improve and extend their life.
  • ericigo2015ericigo2015 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Biking to work, in addition to my regular cardio and strength training, has been very helpful. The Seattle hills allow me to vary the intensity depending on how I'm feeling. I could really do without all of this wildfire smoke, though.
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,800 Member Member Posts: 3,800 Member
    I started out switching diet and exercise and tweaking as I went. I challenge myself to live each day and face my fears. I've been injured the last 6 months and have been eating anti-inflammatory, incorporated yoga and meditation and seated workouts, and am working on spirituality and expressing myself. I was decluttering until COVID, I have too much stuff in the garage to donate at this point!
  • tushitatravelloguetushitatravellogue Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member
    Due to my health scenarios am not allowed to exercise, and this used to be my stress buster.. so now I have introduced daily meditation to cope with stress levels ...
    Ofcourse am eating healthy meals and no junk food..
    edited September 16
  • briscogunbriscogun Member Posts: 930 Member Member Posts: 930 Member
    Running 3x a week, light resistance training (dumbbells, kettle bells, body weight exercises), and throw in some yoga a few times a week if I can. The yoga has been amazing for my flexibility and keeping my back lose and in good shape! I'm literally one of the least flexible guys with the worst balance on the planet so I'm pretty awkward at it but its really helped...
  • ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 43,154 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 43,154 Member
    Physical training. Keeping the body fit and strong goes hand in hand with health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BahstenB10BahstenB10 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Reducing alcohol. Non M-F, a couple on the weekend.

Ditto for me.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 38,077 Member Member Posts: 38,077 Member
    I don't track calories, but I have a pretty healthful and well balanced diet overall and exercise regularly. I'm working on cutting back on alcohol which I was doing pretty well with pre-pandemic, but it has been the hardest part of being at home, especially with summer and a pool. I have tended to park my *kitten* in a pool floaty with several beers as soon as it's quitting time.
  • JthanmyfitnesspalJthanmyfitnesspal Member, Premium Posts: 2,448 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,448 Member
    Keeping a lid on sweets and other carbs as well as alcohol. Doing something active every day, even if it isn't "exercise."
  • MadisonMolly2017MadisonMolly2017 Member Posts: 6,414 Member Member Posts: 6,414 Member
    Managing my macros
    Walking -10k/day
    Yoga
    Upper body strength training
    Mindfulness
    Sleep
    Fun times
  • cppeacecppeace Member Posts: 718 Member Member Posts: 718 Member
    Exercising everday, making it a streak. Making sure never get less than 30g protein a day.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Member Posts: 782 Member Member Posts: 782 Member
    Prioritising sleep. I’ve also stopped drinking alcohol.
    Resistance training.
    Trying to address some unhelpful behaviours around food and eating in therapy.
  • ExpressoLove11ExpressoLove11 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I drink lots of water and try to get good quality sleep (not too good at this part but the idea is there). I lift 4 times a week and make sure to do at least 40 minutes of light cardio a day. Sometimes I do actual cardio but I gotta be in the mood. I make sure to eat 80g of protein a day and incorporate as many fruits and veggies as I can.
  • jacqQ2017jacqQ2017 Member Posts: 229 Member Member Posts: 229 Member
    Project me: Daily HIIT. Daily meditation. A 'bed time alarm'. I've stopped watching tv and bought a PS3 for those times I'm too knackered to do anything except vegetate in front of a screen. Read a book before sleep (stops me looking at my phone, stops me thinking about crap). Find new places to walk at the weekend even if it's a drive to get there. Keep drinking water. Get up earlier - trying to do this at the weekends now too. Care less about what other people might think! Listen to more music. Stay off bloody twitter -it's full of loons and makes me want to divorce from half the human race (how am I even related to these people, the mind boggles.)