Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 8,749 Member Member Posts: 8,749 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The trick with the strip lashes (I think) is to cut them properly to your eye. Each eye is different too.

If it pulls up in the corner then you can try to exert precision hand eye coordination to apply glue to the corner only, wait for it to get tacky/sticky...then press down.

If it still doesn't work after that, I rip 'em both off, put on another layer of mascara then call it a 🤬 day.

Girl....maybe. Maybe I’ll attempt it again. 😂 I’ve watched so many tutorials. I’m starting to think it’s a lost cause.

@Yoshiboobs omg “rage quit” is a perfect description to the end of that scenario 😂
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 8,749 Member Member Posts: 8,749 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/makeup/g30625811/best-magnetic-eyelashes/

i've never tried them but i like the idea of them. i've bought regular sticky pairs in the past and they end up looking like spiders surrounding my eye lids. the only time i ever worn them IN PUBLIC was when i had individual lashes done by a pro for a wedding. this is the result. *keep in mind i have about 5 lashes on each eye and they stick out straight. so this was huge for me* i know you can BARELY see them, right? :D

74x93d381vab.jpg

Beautiful pic! Always such a beautiful smile!!😍
  • PaperDoll_PaperDoll_ Member Posts: 25,068 Member Member Posts: 25,068 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/makeup/g30625811/best-magnetic-eyelashes/

i've never tried them but i like the idea of them. i've bought regular sticky pairs in the past and they end up looking like spiders surrounding my eye lids. the only time i ever worn them IN PUBLIC was when i had individual lashes done by a pro for a wedding. this is the result. *keep in mind i have about 5 lashes on each eye and they stick out straight. so this was huge for me* i know you can BARELY see them, right? :D

74x93d381vab.jpg

Beautiful pic! Always such a beautiful smile!!😍

What she said! 😍
  • MiNinaLisaMiNinaLisa Member Posts: 648 Member Member Posts: 648 Member
    Now with 70% more forehead, here's my attempt at blue eyeshadow. Today's need for makeup? A dentist visit where I needed to present as maternal but, like, not too much 🤣

Trenchcoat: Mom = Eyeshadow: Sketchy 60s pseudo-vixen

Balance achieved.

NOTE: Tried to show the strip lash execution but between my Android camera and the subtle intricacies of lighting mahogany skin, we're just gonna get what we get.

dryep220swuy.jpg

i love your eyelashstyle and everything goes with your mask with the shadow color! but we can talk about your skin too! :)
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 3,414 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,414 Member
    So sweet, @MiNinaLisa; thank you!
  • s131951s131951 Member Posts: 3,722 Member Member Posts: 3,722 Member
    Now with 70% more forehead, here's my attempt at blue eyeshadow. Today's need for makeup? A dentist visit where I needed to present as maternal but, like, not too much 🤣

Balance achieved.

NOTE: Tried to show the strip lash execution but between my Android camera and the subtle intricacies of lighting mahogany skin, we're just gonna get what we get.

dryep220swuy.jpg

My favorite.
  • GymGoddessGoalsGymGoddessGoals Member Posts: 1,483 Member Member Posts: 1,483 Member

Balance achieved.

dryep220swuy.jpg

I like it. And can we talk about your skin for a moment because you have fabulous skin!
  • GymGoddessGoalsGymGoddessGoals Member Posts: 1,483 Member Member Posts: 1,483 Member
    @rickifaidley you should be in here.
  • rickifaidleyrickifaidley Member, Premium Posts: 103 Member Member, Premium Posts: 103 Member
    @rickifaidley you should be in here.

She has arrived 🥳
    edited September 30
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 3,414 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,414 Member
    😍😭😍 You're like a pretty anime-inspired dolly! Those eyes are killer!
    Ya'll I think Ricki has the lash application figured out.
  • rickifaidleyrickifaidley Member, Premium Posts: 103 Member Member, Premium Posts: 103 Member
    Ya'll I think Ricki has the lash application figured out.

LOL I literally just put how I put on eyelashes before I even seen this! Great minds think alike!

If this was meant for me, thank you so much that’s such a sweet compliment 🥺😭😍

💯 meant for you!

💯 meant for you!

You’re so sweet! You’re a goddess yourself 😍
    (... Reviews thread, increasingly confused...)

When do we get to give you your flowers @CacoEther?
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 1,838 Member Member Posts: 1,838 Member
    (... Reviews thread, increasingly confused...)

When do we get to give you your flowers @CacoEther?

Give me my flowers? I’m not following 😬
    9ewm5ya9p5h7.jpg

@CacoEther: Unsure whether she's the first to have used this term. And frankly, it's even more morbid this way. In the current context/vernacular it just means showing appreciation to someone.