100lb down in a year. Now the challenge is to keep it off.

LesField
LesField Posts: 25 Member
edited October 2020 in Success Stories
Hi everyone,
I tried to use MyFitnessPal without success years ago when gave up smoking and I gained lots of weight.

Last October I had an operation and my doctor told my that I would not be alive to walk my daughters down the aisle unless I lost some weight. My blood pressure was through the roof. This had a big impact on me and I've lost 100lb in weight in one year (blood pressure is now normal and I'm not on any meds at all).

Now I've hit my goal weight, I'm worried about slipping into old grazing habits and putting it all back on again, so I've re-activated my account today and will be checking the calories for now on.

If you want to know how I lost the weight, I followed these simple steps.

1. Cut down on your portion sizes. - I use a side plate.
2. Use a small fork or teaspoon and slow down. Lay your cutlery down between mouthfuls. It should take 20min to eat you dinner.
3. Stop drinking anything fizzy. - fizzy drinks expand you stomach and then you eat more to fill the extra space.
4. Don’t drink whilst eating. If you feel like you need a drink, its because your belly is full and needs to be flushed by fluid to fit more in - don’t do it. When you finish eating wait 5min before having a drink.
5. Keep to food thats less than 3% fat and 5% sugar.
6. Exercise. I try to do a 30min mountain bike ride up and down some steep hills where I live 3 times a week.

8je8exwoamsh.jpg

Replies

• driheataz
    driheataz Posts: 15 Member
    Congratulations on your amazing transformation! It is inspiring and your suggestions are right on!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Awesome transformation! You're right, maintenance is where you need to be careful. Best wishes.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Super Job! That's an amazing transformation.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    @lesfield
    Wow congrats! Amazing job and very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Massive success! congratulations - You look at least ten years younger and I bet you feel it too. Very inspiring!
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    very impressive - good for you!
  • 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    Respect.
    Tracking and reflection will keep you mindful of your goals. You have worked hard; be vigilant to maintain your success. Best wishes for continued health!
  • WannaBeAnon
    WannaBeAnon Posts: 18 Member
    Interestingly, you look like you're supposed to be thin. Just suits you, good job! 110lbs down myself, and I agree with most of your tips
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    Congratulations!
  • tradercourt1
    tradercourt1 Posts: 19 Member
    Very interesting stuff about the liquids! Congrats - and thanks for sharing.
  • LesField
    LesField Posts: 25 Member
    Awesome job! I just shared with my husband...who generally isn't interested in losing weight, but sometimes I think he just needs guys who resemble him more to motivate him/make him think it might be worth it...and he was impressed.

Tell him to make a start, he will feel so good about himself.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Smart decisions, Les. Your skin is amazing! Bright eyed and so much younger.
  • violetvillainy
    violetvillainy Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2020
    it's cool that you lost weight dude but wow is all of your advice a crock of horse dung
  • sweetsusie73
    sweetsusie73 Posts: 1 Member
    Pretty amazing transformation! Nice job.
    What part of the fitness pal app helped you the most? Logging food, logging exercise, tracking weight or inches?
  • LouHonner
    LouHonner Posts: 1 Member
    Amazing job!
  • ndgerace
    ndgerace Posts: 2 Member
    That is amazing! Great job. And your tips are also wonderful!
  • Lostboy1957
    Lostboy1957 Posts: 2 Member
    thanks for posting , your journey has kept my motivation going.
  • hyattbobe
    hyattbobe Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats - Great Job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!