100lb down in a year. Now the challenge is to keep it off.

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited October 2020
    what a difference, never heard of the drinking at the end of meal, will try that. No, dont gain it back, I weigh every day so I notice if I start slipping.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Les, 100 lbs in a year's time. How did you maintain your skin's elasticity along the way and the water at the end of the meal....tell all.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Way to go!
  • LesField
    LesField Posts: 25 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Les, 100 lbs in a year's time. How did you maintain your skin's elasticity along the way and the water at the end of the meal....tell all.

When you're eating and you feel the need to drink, it's because your stomach is full and wants you to flush it out (you still digest food in your intestine).

I never put a drink on my table when I'm eating. I'll eat until I either feel full or I need a drink. Then I take my plate out, wait a couple of minutes then get a drink.

I've uploaded a video that someone sent me when I started my journey.

https://youtu.be/BYIdgiu-uVc
  • LesField
    LesField Posts: 25 Member

I think it's because the loss was slow and steady.
  • Diatonic12
    Les, slow and steady as my jaw falls to the floor. Must be good genetics, that's all I can say. So how do you feel in comparsion to a year ago.
  • urban287
    urban287 Posts: 50 Member
    Great job!
  • Diatonic12
    It shows. Don't you wish someone would've told us about all of this a long time ago. Your energy is contagious. Stay fierce and unstoppable. B)
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,592 Member
    Congratulations on your successful loss! It seems to me that for maintenance you just keep doing what you've been doing - you've learned a new way to eat that works for you. No reason to change, is there? If you think you're continuing to lose and it's too much then just up your calories slightly.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    congrats on losing the weight! maintenance is harder, but worth it. If rules 3 and 4 work for you, that's great! Though, the evidence does not support them.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7083695/
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28757533/
  • dansk67
    dansk67 Posts: 3 Member
    Well done! That's an impressive transformation.
  • Veronica676
    Veronica676 Posts: 41 Member
    What a transformation. Well done. Good luck with the maintenance.
  • mcbeef29
    mcbeef29 Posts: 74 Member
    Well done sir!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    lesfield wrote: »
    Les, slow and steady as my jaw falls to the floor. Must be good genetics, that's all I can say. So how do you feel in comparsion to a year ago.

I feel amazing and at least 10 years younger. I've had to buy a whole new wardrobe and that adds to the excitement. It's great to go in a shop knowing that they will have your size and I won't have to do a 'special order' online. I'm also happy to look in a mirror now, and my confidence is off the scale.

You LOOK 10 years younger and 100 pounds better!
    Happy shopping!
    And many, many happy years with your daughters.
  • Camomilejane
    Camomilejane Posts: 55 Member
    Amazing result! Well done you. So proud of you! You look younger too! An inspiration to anyone who is over weight! 👍💯⭐️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!