Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Immediate Gratification

13»

Replies

• LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 1,455 Member Member Posts: 1,455 Member
    @socajam Makes me laugh a little to know I'm not alone. You're a better woman than I am. I'll nag mine until he puts it away. You have a valid point, though, it does raise my stress levels too to see it out but so does the thought of him thinking I'm his maid or his mommy.
    edited November 12
  • LaneaJLaneaJ Member Posts: 89 Member Member Posts: 89 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    That emotional hit of happiness that hits you when eat without delay. What tools have you used to slow things down and keep your head engaged?

I was JUST thinking about this while washing dishes. A few years ago the light bulb finally came on that so much of what I ate was feeling driven. I consumed certain things not because I was hungry, but to get the "feel good". I mostly did it without realizing that was what was happening. Yeah you have moments when you think "Oh that (food) would be yummy" and you indulge just because you know it'll feel good. But most of the "hits" you take unless you're paying attention are so ingrained in your diet you don't recognize that's what you're doing. For me, it wasn't until I started focusing on what and how much I consumed that it really dawned on me how many of my daily choices were not for the nutrition. Now I ask the questions, Will this (food) help me reach my goals? What is this (food) doing for me? How does this (food) make me feel? These simple questions help me identify the true nature of what I'm consuming. For some this may not be an issue, but it sure has helped me to stop taking the unnecessary hits. However, the Mini York Peppermint Patti I had today (thanks to my boss's candy jar) was a necessary hit...I needed to get the sensation. 😁 Only a few will get that last part.
  • elisa123galelisa123gal Member Posts: 3,872 Member Member Posts: 3,872 Member
    I don't make this a big problem, or focus on having what I want when I want it. I think more in terms of what do fit people do? I copy what I think would be their behaviors. So. yeah.. fit hot people don't eat a whole pizza or cake and they are not reactionary; having to have fast food now or else. so I don't either.