Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I need help transforming my fat to muscle

just_magdjust_magd Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
Any suggestions about meal plans and workout plans would be great. I’ve been trying to consume about 2,000 calories and as much protein and not too much carbs.

Iam 5’7
Go to the gym almost everyday

Replies

• sal10851sal10851 Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    You need to lift weights to build muscle, cardio to burn fat, a good diet high in protein. Since you have fat reserves they can be a good source of energy to fuel your work outs.
  • sal10851sal10851 Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    sal10851 wrote: »
    You need to lift weights to build muscle, cardio to burn fat, a good diet high in protein. Since you have fat reserves they can be a good source of energy to fuel your work outs.

Cardio isnt necessary to burn fat and but I'm not sure that's what you're saying. Just clarifying it.

Agreed! Cardio helps to increase your fitness and helps with staying in a caloric deficit.
  • sheena_shewellsheena_shewell Member Posts: 46 Member Member Posts: 46 Member
    If you want to lose fat and gain muscle which is what I think you are trying to say you need to try and lose weight (fat) first and then try and build up to strength training to gain miscle. If you are trying to recomp it can be quite difficult to master. I'd also suggest upping your protein intake and if not already get a personal trainer who knows what they're talking about.
  • J72FITJ72FIT Member Posts: 5,658 Member Member Posts: 5,658 Member
    Keep showing up, put in the work, be consistent, be patient and the results will come...
  • NovusDiesNovusDies Member, Premium Posts: 8,755 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,755 Member
    You would have to provide more details than your height to get specific suggestions. Weight, gender, age, and what you are doing at the gym would help. 2k calories may be too much, just right, or not enough.