Ben Affleck is Batman

Options

Replies

• creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    For the Bruce Wayne aspect of Batman I could see Matt Bomer playing the part well.
    It could be interesting to see him do some action type stuff, I think he could rise to the occasion.
  • wordstill
    wordstill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ben Afflecks reaction to fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwfoOB30lI

Can't be Bruce Wayne/Batman?? Please...

2478298042974829.jpg

Dude is gonna do fine.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Ben Afflecks reaction to fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwfoOB30lI

Can't be Bruce Wayne/Batman?? Please...

2478298042974829.jpg

Dude is gonna do fine.

I really thought it would be a video of him working out *sigh*
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    emcz7tR.jpg

Why are we not friends??
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hey! Maybe it will work out! When Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Iron Man everybody freaked out too. But it worked out perfectly!
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    Hey! Maybe it will work out! When Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Iron Man everybody freaked out too. But it worked out perfectly!

But RDJ has been the ONLY Iron Man.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    emcz7tR.jpg

LOL !! DC F A I L ...
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    9uN8bb0l.jpg
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I thought Affleck was playing Batman in the sequel to superman/man of steel? Am I wrong? I didn't think this was in succession to the dark knight trilogy. So I'm not sure why anyone would expect Bale to play batman again? I personally feel like a superman vs batman sounds suuuuper lame, especially since I didn't love man of steel. Though I'll probably still see it, and will try not to judge Affleck until after i see the role.
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    9uN8bb0l.jpg

Oooh I like this!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

"Affleck'll crush it. He's got the chops, he's got the chin -- just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe -- I'm in."

There. Everyone can calm down now. Joss has spoken.:bigsmile:
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    I thought Affleck was playing Batman in the sequel to superman/man of steel? Am I wrong? I didn't think this was in succession to the dark knight trilogy. So I'm not sure why anyone would expect Bale to play batman again? I personally feel like a superman vs batman sounds suuuuper lame, especially since I didn't love man of steel. Though I'll probably still see it, and will try not to judge Affleck until after i see the role.

He is playing Batman in the Superman/Batman movie. Not really sure where it ties into the Batman trilogy... but I think the issue is Ben's acting. I don't know anymore what to think *dramatic sigh* Friends of mine were saying how this was an attempt at a Justice League movie.. or gearing up for one, I don't know. So far Marvel and, is it Fox?, have been successful in consistency with those movies, minus the whole Ed Norton/Hulk thing. But we've had the same Iron Man, same Thor, same Nick Fury, Coulson, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Banner, etc in multiple Marvel movies (yes Ruffalo is Banner in more than one movie that's already been released). So if there is a DC attempt at a Justice League thing - will Affleck continue to play Batman? Or is just this one random movie? And for ****'s sake I have no clue what the hell I am even rambling about at this point. Damn insomnia.
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    And so we get this

Xhu71j8.png
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Im batman
  • itsjustdawn
    Options

"Affleck'll crush it. He's got the chops, he's got the chin -- just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe -- I'm in."

There. Everyone can calm down now. Joss has spoken.:bigsmile:

Joss is my hero
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    This is not on my list of things I am worried about
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

He is playing Batman in the Superman/Batman movie. Not really sure where it ties into the Batman trilogy... but I think the issue is Ben's acting. I don't know anymore what to think *dramatic sigh* Friends of mine were saying how this was an attempt at a Justice League movie.. or gearing up for one, I don't know. So far Marvel and, is it Fox?, have been successful in consistency with those movies, minus the whole Ed Norton/Hulk thing. But we've had the same Iron Man, same Thor, same Nick Fury, Coulson, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Banner, etc in multiple Marvel movies (yes Ruffalo is Banner in more than one movie that's already been released). So if there is a DC attempt at a Justice League thing - will Affleck continue to play Batman? Or is just this one random movie? And for ****'s sake I have no clue what the hell I am even rambling about at this point. Damn insomnia.

It doesnt fit in at all into the current superman universe, Christopher Nolan/christian bale Batman was only ever going to be a trilogy, which we got in batman begins, dark knight and dark knight rises. Nolan wanted his version of batman to be a little more grounded in realism which the supernatural, and whats more super natural than superman?

The Superman v Batman film is going to be based on the comic book called the Dark Knight returns, in which (and this is the important part) and older more experinced Batman goes up against Superman, this is why they have gone for Ben Affleck who is 41 with an older look to him. I for one will not hate on Ben Affleck for getting the role, alot of people hated on Heath for getting the joke but look how that turned out.

So give him time, he may turn out to be the best version of batman ever, he may turn out to be the worst batman every but until.

This will almost vertainly lead into a justice league movie, they had to extablish batman before they made the JL, DC was never going to say here's the the JL movie with Cavill's superman and oh look here's a new batman to boot, was not going to work.
  • kahartigan0612
    kahartigan0612 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not another Batman movie, it's the sequel to the last Superman movie, which Batman will be in.
  • dentedcan
    Options
    After all the hate Ledger got when they picked him to be Joker, and he was incredible in the role, I wouldn't be quick to jump on the hate train.

Bale was by far my favorite Batman, but this isn't part of Nolan's trilogy. This is Superman vs Batman. Sure, Affleck didn't make a great Daredevil, but the first Man of Steel wasn't all that great imo. I actually preferred Superman Returns.

Time will tell!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

But RDJ has been the ONLY Iron Man.

There's also that pesky point about the fact that RDJ can actually act