Ben Affleck is Batman

Options

Replies

• toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Didn't everyone freak out about the casting of Heath Ledger as Joker? Would Ben Affleck be my first pick to play Bats? No. If anyone had said to me that they thought Affleck should take up the cowl, I would have laughed, scornfully. But Christopher Nolan is working on this new movie and I highly doubt that he didn't have a say in casting. If Nolan thinks it's a good idea, I'll give Affleck a chance-- Nolan has had a pretty damned good track record with Batman.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Now they may as well cast Nicolas cage as Cat woman next hahahaha

I'm still getting over the trauma of sitting through "Con Air."
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Didn't everyone freak out about the casting of Heath Ledger as Joker? Would Ben Affleck be my first pick to play Bats? No. If anyone had said to me that they thought Affleck should take up the cowl, I would have laughed, scornfully. But Christopher Nolan is working on this new movie and I highly doubt that he didn't have a say in casting. If Nolan thinks it's a good idea, I'll give Affleck a chance-- Nolan has had a pretty damned good track record with Batman.

Nolan has his name attached to man of steel 2 but I doubt he will have alot of input to what actuall goes on. I personally think his name is there to get the people who love Nolans work to see it just because there are Nolan fanbois/girlz.
  • AstroRocket
    AstroRocket Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Suddenly everyone thinks they are an expert in film casting, lets be honest here, when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker everyone said he was going to be awful. Turned out he made the perfect joker (May he R.I.P). Further more, all the latest batman movies haven't been that great anyway. I personally prefer the old ones. Also if the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman is really making you cringe just don't watch it. Also going to put it out there that Affleck, being a known comic fanboy makes a damn load more sense then so many other actors in it for the huge pay day. Also have to say that given Bruce Wayne is meant to act the entitled, drunken, arrogant, rich kid playboy as part of the ruse I think Affleck can pull that of FAR better than Bale ever did, Bale was a good batman but a sub par Bruce Wayne.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Suddenly everyone thinks they are an expert in film casting, lets be honest here, when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker everyone said he was going to be awful. Turned out he made the perfect joker (May he R.I.P). Further more, all the latest batman movies haven't been that great anyway. I personally prefer the old ones. Also if the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman is really making you cringe just don't watch it. Also going to put it out there that Affleck, being a known comic fanboy makes a damn load more sense then so many other actors in it for the huge pay day. Also have to say that given Bruce Wayne is meant to act the entitled, drunken, arrogant, rich kid playboy as part of the ruse I think Affleck can pull that of FAR better than Bale ever did, Bale was a good batman but a sub par Bruce Wayne.
    He's sure can play arrogent well. It is the only part of Bruce Wayne I'm not worried about
  • samanthaklod
    Options
    They sure will be two good looking superheros though.....Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck? :D

But yeah.....have a hard time picturing ben affleck with the deep "This isn't a car" voice that Bale had. Nope.
  • JJacoby2
    Options
    Batman is the Batman we deserve according to WB....tis a Dark Night indeed!

http://affleckisnotbatman.blogspot.com/
  • rjwriter78
    rjwriter78 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I believe in Ben Affleck. No one thought George Clooney would play a good batman and he did (in my opinion). The movie wasn't the greatest but he did play a good Batman. I cant believe this is more controversial than the Ebola virus. One hundred people died in Syria last week and people biggest fear is Ben Affleck becoming Batman? Relax. He'll be laughing all the way to the bank while people stay angry. Lol!
  • xwaitxwhatx
    xwaitxwhatx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I believe in Ben Affleck. No one thought George Clooney would play a good batman and he did (in my opinion). The movie wasn't the greatest but he did play a good Batman. I cant believe this is more controversial than the Ebola virus. One hundred people died in Syria last week and people biggest fear is Ben Affleck becoming Batman? Relax. He'll be laughing all the way to the bank while people stay angry. Lol!

I Actually like to see what Ben can bring to the table, as for Clooney I think he played a good Bruce Wayne im not too sure about Batman. I actually liked Val more then George.
  • rjwriter78
    Options
    9uN8bb0l.jpg
    Thats awesome, exactly what i was saying! Lol!
  • rjwriter78
    Options

I Actually like to see what Ben can bring to the table, as for Clooney I think he played a good Bruce Wayne im not too sure about Batman. I actually liked Val more then George.
    I like them both as Bruce Wayne. No one can live up to Michael Keaton as Batman. I was going to actually put Val Kilmer in the topic as well, lol!
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Why in the world are they switching from Christian Bale?

I just can't see Affleck as Batman....

Seriously. Christian Bale>Affleck at being Batman. Period.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Val was my least favorite Batman. I think Keaton was my favorite. Or maybe I say that because he was my first Batman (Adam West was before my time)
  • rjwriter78
    Options
    Val was my least favorite Batman. I think Keaton was my favorite. Or maybe I say that because he was my first Batman (Adam West was before my time)
    Michael Keaton was my first Batman as well. But if Ben Affleck was my first Batman, I'd be wondering what is everyone so mad about, lol!
  • xwaitxwhatx
    xwaitxwhatx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Why in the world are they switching from Christian Bale?

I just can't see Affleck as Batman....

TBH Bale from Batman Begins was perfect, out did Keaton, what messed him up a bit was making his voice growl-ler( would that be the term?) in TDK/TDKR listen to how he spoke as batman in the first one... perfect (not as perfect and Kevin Conroll haha but no one can beat him.).
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give Ben Affleck a 'chance' on proving if he can fill the role. There were a lot of doubts if Heath Ledger could fill 'Joker ', but he did amazing. I can only hope the director is on the money for this film.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I get why they casted him. He brings people to the movie theatre but personally, I like him as a director better. I think he is too lazy as an actor to pull this off. He plays the same role in every movie. I know many were outraged when Heath Ledger was casted and then everyone shut up afterwards.. Weirdly many think he was a horrible joker which they are just crazy and nothing can please them I guess. Here is the difference though, Ledger had talent and Affleck is uninspired and lazy. Will he surprise us, prolly not but only time will tell. Bale is the best Batman for me and for Batman to go against Superman, they need someone tougher than Affleck.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I get why they casted him. He brings people to the movie theatre but personally, I like him as a director better. I think he is too lazy as an actor to pull this off. He plays the same role in every movie. I know many were outraged when Heath Ledger was casted and then everyone shut up afterwards.. Weirdly many think he was a horrible joker which they are just crazy and nothing can please them I guess. Here is the difference though, Ledger had talent and Affleck is uninspired and lazy. Will he surprise us, prolly not but only time will tell. Bale is the best Batman for me and for Batman to go against Superman, they need someone tougher than Affleck.

As a director Affleck is pretty good, so we can remain friends, sir. And I think the "toughness" is what's lacking for Affleck. That, I think, is my issue with it. I guess I just don't see it. I dunno... I guess we just all have to wait and see.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options

Seriously. Christian Bale > Everyone at Everything. Period.

Christian Bale is a gift from the gods. He is so ****in' perfect.

Also, for giggles, the techno remix of his famous rant on the set of Terminator:
    http://youtu.be/YTihsJQHt48
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    :sad: :explode: :brokenheart: