The dumb(est) reasons someone disliked you

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    In real life, I haven't been disliked since elementary school (not that I know of anyway).

I was in a bathroom stall doing bathroom stall business, when two girls came in. One started going on and on about how I need to cover my chest area in class and that I was purposefully exposing myself to everyone and that it was so gross (umm, she said "boobs" but this was, like, Grade 6 or 7 y'all - and I was a dedicated "tomboy" so nothing much was happening up there lol).

I walked out if the stall, looked her dead in her eyes while I washed my hands, then walked out in what I like to remember as a defiant manner.

Still...

I asked my mom get me my first bra the same evening 😔

In 5th grade a group of 6th-grade girls chased me home taunting me and threatening me as I scurried along with my cello, terrified. I think they disliked me because I developed early in the chestal region.

Girls are the worst. Sugar and spice my *kitten*. I remember in grade school they used to mob up and go around kicking guys in the balls. They only got me the once, but poor slow running Brent... That guy had a tough year.

Probably didn’t help his running any either

I don't know. Getting chased around by 15 pitiless womenfolk looking to use your goonies for riverdance practise is usually pretty good motivation to improve your sprinting. I think he ended up just kicking one back between her legs and getting suspended lol.

..... maybe they should have been introduced to the early concepts of gender equality ?
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    someone disliked my photo.

Unpossible.

Who was it that disliked your photograph ?

Stevie Wonder ??

not unpossible - truthable... and i saw Stevie Wonder in concert here. he was unbelievable!

you saw him....

too bad he couldn't return the favor.

i let you say that because i knew you would. and what did i tell you about not making me laugh when i'm infusing - don't make me knock the needle out! :D
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Oh, I remember this girl that didn't like me in high school. We were at a party and it was my first time drinking. I got way too drunk and ended up leaving with the wrong shoes. They looked like mine at the time🤷‍♀️ to top it all off, I woke up and could only find 1. Maybe I just left with 1, I'll never truely know. My mom ended up giving her money for a new pair.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    In real life, I haven't been disliked since elementary school (not that I know of anyway).

I was in a bathroom stall doing bathroom stall business, when two girls came in. One started going on and on about how I need to cover my chest area in class and that I was purposefully exposing myself to everyone and that it was so gross (umm, she said "boobs" but this was, like, Grade 6 or 7 y'all - and I was a dedicated "tomboy" so nothing much was happening up there lol).

I walked out if the stall, looked her dead in her eyes while I washed my hands, then walked out in what I like to remember as a defiant manner.

Still...

I asked my mom get me my first bra the same evening 😔

In 5th grade a group of 6th-grade girls chased me home taunting me and threatening me as I scurried along with my cello, terrified. I think they disliked me because I developed early in the chestal region.

Girls are the worst. Sugar and spice my *kitten*. I remember in grade school they used to mob up and go around kicking guys in the balls. They only got me the once, but poor slow running Brent... That guy had a tough year.

Probably didn’t help his running any either

I don't know. Getting chased around by 15 pitiless womenfolk looking to use your goonies for riverdance practise is usually pretty good motivation to improve your sprinting. I think he ended up just kicking one back between her legs and getting suspended lol.

“Riverdance practise” 😂😂😂😂😂
  • MiNinaLisa
    Oh, I remember this girl that didn't like me in high school. We were at a party and it was my first time drinking. I got way too drunk and ended up leaving with the wrong shoes. They looked like mine at the time🤷‍♀️ to top it all off, I woke up and could only find 1. Maybe I just left with 1, I'll never truely know. My mom ended up giving her money for a new pair.

no shoes for either of you - lollllll
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    i’ve heard that its not the words i say, its that they dont like what they *feel* i said
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    People who have gotten to know me tend to like me. The people who don’t like me probably think I’m not friendly or something. I have been told this because when I first meet someone I can be introverted and quiet. It takes a while for me to come out of my shell.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    So many people, so many different reasons. The most ridiculous was because they made up lies about me and then hated me for the things they had made up! Like, hi! Reality is over here... It's not always fun but you don't have to get angry over literally nothing in this world

Most recently, because I won't stop eating pork.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I've come to the conclusion that people are strange, people have lots of baggage and sometimes I simply don't care anymore. It's all about priorities in life. Unfortunately there are still time I *do* care but it seems to be only in the cases where I kinda wish they liked me or we could have that friendly neighborly feeling. If I could let go of that need or want, then I truly wouldn't give a D@mn.
    It's only taken me 67 years to start learning that. :/
  • Miss_Chiev0us

no shoes for either of you - lollllll

Nope...karma 😂
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    The only opinions that matter are the ones you own about yourself. Everything else is just advice.
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    This is not specific but I think it’s so weird when people don’t like someone only because [they think] that person doesn’t like them. Is that weird? It’s weird to me. You know nothing about them, but the fact that they might not like you makes them utterly unlikeable. It seems funny to me

I think this is just human nature. I don't mean 'Human Nature' in the sense that it's impossible to overcome, but just that it is our default setting. But maybe this is just true for introverts? In my inner narrative, I'm the good guy. The protagonist. Always. If I'm convinced someone doesn't like me, then by definition ... they are the bad guy.
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    People had assumed I was a snob many times. In actuality, I used to be and still can be quite shy sometimes. I don’t easily make conversation with people who I don’t know.
  • MiNinaLisa
    Some girls have disliked me cause "I'm pretty" or they feel threatened in whatever the *kitten* way. This is in real life and online.

I once had a girl in school come up to my face and tell me she was going to beat my *kitten* cause her bf liked me. I didn't even know her or her bf. I was so confused 😂

bishes gonna hate and be jealous. that's their insecurities rearing their ugly natures and has nothing to do with your fine self. <3
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,080 Member
    People had assumed I was a snob many times. In actuality, I used to be and still can be quite shy sometimes. I don’t easily make conversation with people who I don’t know.

Or stop by on your friend’s wall to show some love. 😝
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    @jamloche It's just the way others see us. We can't see ourselves the way others do. I'm actually quite fond of my enemies. They're the greatest teachers I've ever had. There was a woman I worked with, we didn't get along in the beginning but became a great friend before she moved away. There's a fine line between love and hate. It's so close that you need to look it directly in the eye.

• Miss_Chiev0us

I love it when you pop up in here 😍🥰
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    @jamloche, yes yes yes! I identify with the introvert assessment and I feel like no one is harder on us than our inner voice!

One time, only once, did I break away from the inner voice telling me “that person doesn’t like you,” and I got myself a best friend because of it. She had and still has the most award winning resting *kitten* face I’ve ever seen! I mean, she’s telling you with every fiber of her being DO NOT APPROACH and I would normally take the hint but there was something about her that was worth the effort. Today we have a good laugh about her first impressions but being an introvert is awesome and sucks all at once. People think you’re all the things you’re NOT, and because we are so averse to reaching out, we back ourselves into a quiet corner!