Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn and live in South East British Columbia. I am 60.
    My goal remains the same as it has been for quite some time, 16-20 AF days per month.

I check in diary style.

Sunday November 01 - AF - I have been working like crazy in the yard and really wanted to have a couple drinks this evening, but just didn't want to start the month out that way. I have moved my Monday jobs to later in the week so that I can get as much as possible done in putting my gardens to bed before the rain and colder weather comes on Wednesday.
    Monday November 02 - AF - Finally finished digging up the rest of the potato garden, pulling every weed and it is now covered until Spring. Hard physical labour, but the good kind. I definitely felt like having a drink, but I have to work very early tomorrow so didn't.
    Tuesday November 03 - Drinks. Broke my rule and drank from long day work stress instead of saving my drinks days for happy days. I have been pretty good about this, just kind of failed on it today. I did feel better immediately though, left the stupid workday behind!
    Wednesday November 04 - AF - A really good day working for my favourite company, and then home in time to get more work done in my yard while we are in a warm spell. Would have been a nice day for a drink, but of course I "used up" a drinking day for stress relief already.

Rolling total. 3AF day our of 4 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    ~~News flash~~
    Coming for December this thread is moving. Stay tuned

nihs6qpl87pv.png
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you @mainelylisa : - )
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hola @mainelylisa you were missed!
    I find Rose having some otherworldly super-addictive effect on me that other wine types do not do - no clue why! I could drink the sparkling kind endlessly. It's like having fresh gelato in the house. Just impossible to leave alone.

I had to ditch it and just allow myself to have it on Christmas and New Years.

• MissMay
    Options
    What an amazing sunrise this morning. I attempted to take a photo to share but my camera could not capture the beauty as my eyes witnessed it.
    Welcome @ambonds you have found tge right place to support you on breaking bad habits of drinking. Great to have you. Congrats on your AF streak. And for the purchase of substitute beverages.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Welcome back @mainelylisa. You have been missed as you can see from all our excitement to read your post. I had faith you would pop back in.....just saying! 😉
  • MissMay
    Options
    @globalhiker 👍👍👍 for your husband last night.
    I see you know how to play the game ( make it seem like his idea) I hear ya.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @Jaybo37 your correct, it is take out for us in the USA. So now that you mention it, I want to pick up some tonight for myself.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k Even though I was a child when my grandma passed, I remember the siblings, her children squabbling over nothing significant and her death was nothing less than traumatizing because she had suffered for such a long time. I've taken care of thousands of people and I can honestly, wholeheartedly say that hospice care is my favorite care. You're essentially taking care of the whole family. One of the last patients I took care of was this elderly man with two adult daughters who could not get along with each other. He was comatose but one daughter would not grant him rest and the other was at her wit's end with it. Straw that almost broke the camel's back was the prayers said over father's body by annoying sister and other sister was furious, saying that dad would have told her to shut up if he could speak. My job for them, silence and just listen non- arbitrarily while focusing on dad. Sister was able to remain so calm under such a stressful time and not further rock the boat. The longer it goes on, the more agitated and anxious families get. It is nice, very nice, that you're all reminiscing about good times because in the end, it's one of the few things we've got left.